21 Replies Latest reply: Jun 5, 2013 9:47 AM by ChestSplittah RSS

A Request to Infinity Ward...

ChestSplittah

Would you guys please adopt the Party Games Playlist that Treyarch implemented to stuff Split Screening party members into. I talked to Sis (Candy) about this a while back. This would be a even handed compromise.  They would go against Split Screeners, or 2 man teams of random or partied players.

I will never stop my ambition of having them separated from regular playlists/modes. This will have a positive effect somewhat in matche where people quit because the SSers are causing the scores to be nearly unconquerable.  Or at times they leave and leave the teams lopsided.

Feel free to discuss.

• Re: A Request to Infinity Ward...
    Fireman0025

my you sure are passionate about this subject. well i like to play devils advocate so here goes.

I really dont think that ss has the big impact that you think it does. Bad kids are gonna play bad if they are split screening or not. Cheaters will boost weather they are split screening or not (they did all the time pre SS) I feel like the split screen was a great way to make COD a game you could enjoy more with friends (after all arnt we all here to have fun), but it has gotton the blame for kids that are not good at the game because they dont play on a constant basis

ChestSplittah

It isn't so much the bad performance they insert into the game, but the bad performance of the addition that SSing brought by its insertion, starting with Black Ops. I'm not going to believe that it causes no problems.  They run at 30 fps each-ish. So there has to be some kind of knock on effect, couple that with transmission of data, through the Internet,  with their low frame rate, splitting of a processor,  bandwidth,  elevation of ping.

Fireman0025

while it may hinder them slightly i dont think it factors in as much as you think. I have done my fair share of split screening, and while i dont play at 100% i still do well (say about 90%) I think most of it comes from the split screeners just dont have alot of game time under their belt.

ChestSplittah

This can be true. Thus me at least coming up with a solution... again.. for the 4th year in a row.

I_am_Asylum

split screeners just needs to go for good.  i have 2 ps3 systems in my house just for that reason.  take them out.  And please do not let TREYARCH have ANY influence in this new title.  i fear it will look more like another cartoon like it does now.  no BS camos.  standard issue blending camos.  just a few inputs

ChestSplittah

I doubt they will do away with a free marketing scheme. I'm just trying to give a solution.

Fireman0025

I_am_Asylum wrote:

split screeners just needs to go for good.  i have 2 ps3 systems in my house just for that reason.  take them out. 

not every one is willing, or can afford, to buy two systems. While i still disagree with the separate playlist it is at least a reasonable proposal. Taking them out completly is ridiculous. if you wanna shell out that kinda money so you dont have to split screen than thats your buisness but dont expect every one else to do it as well

I_am_Asylum

most ss i come across they are either boosting in infected or the other goes 0 and whatever stupid amount of deaths.  do not understand the fascination of having your tv cut in half.  as for my 2 ps3s my wife found out after i did it.  so yes it was pretty painful on my end. but my son would play on his own internet so i would try to limit any lag it would create.  ss was to painful for my old eyes thats why we have 2 and no i have 2 buy 2 ps4s.  cant wait to see the new upgrades. 

sstang1

I also think Split Screeners should be given their own "play area".

I think Split Screening has hurt the gameplay and it definitely totally unbalances teams - by handicapping you with two players that 99% of the time go REALLY negative.

ChestSplittah

I remember discussing this with Candy. She said they would have to be put into a Parry type playlist. Which Treyarch has came up with. This would be fair for them and others. They would have different game modes. I believe they have the ability to watch popular game modes voted on.

robbierocket

Agree with this thread.

At its very best, allowing SS everywhere that non-SS can play is limiting gameplay opportunities for people trying to maximise their 1 player full screen online experience.

At its worst, it's pandering to dillution and sloppiness in what should soon become a competitive game development arena: state of the art FPS style team combat warfare on a new generation of consoles 2013.

b1g_r3d_88

I absolutely aggree with seperating them. It wouldnt be that hard and there is no reason not to.  They should consider themselves lucky they are allowed to be playing split screen online, but they should be seperated so they play with other split screeners, just like I believe that we should have the option of joining party lobbies to play against other people in parties, wether it be clans or not, I'm not really concerned about, but it would be a feature that would be nice.

jeepchick

Just throwing this out there: Not all split screeners are a pair comprised of a player familiar with the game and a noob. My husband and I split screen all the time (big TV, comfy living room, no reason not too) and we enjoy playing together like that. We don't drag the team down, we're not in last place, and we often win. That being said, we each have our own gamertags so it's not obvious that we are split screening.

I'm just saying that if you're worried about the noob actions of an untried player hopping on split screen, then focus on the untried player for restrictions, not the split screen aspect. For example, you would have to be a certain rank before being able to enter certain game types. I don't know how that would work if the split screener was a "guest" for the main account. Maybe don't allow guest accounts to split screen MP for certain game modes?

I feel your frustration with the issue but I don't agree with hitting SS with a broad stroke of removal. It would certainly hurt the way my family spends time together playing the game.

ChestSplittah

Well put Gen. This is why I'm more for a Playlist for them. All the way back to Black Ops CoDHQ as esmorgue.  I've wanted a playlist for them to be in a more controlled environment for their own sense of fairness. Whether in 6vs 6 or GW matches, they have to deal with a limited field of view, as you expressed, they have the chance of being out gunned due to a inexperienced guest ( or both maybe). I am going to assume that many are simply just out for a good time with a mate, pal...etc..

Game modes: I've always been against the S&D availability. HC..mehhh, that is a Vet of those modes...view point that is needed. I always appreciated the Boot Camp mode from W@W,  and wish they would implement it better into all iterations of CoD. Possibly by having people hit certain benchmarks.

I do appreciate your input Big Sis. I would like to see some kind of fairness for those who do and don't.