10 Replies Latest reply: May 28, 2013 12:36 PM by r8edtripx RSS

C4 Discussion

t.h.flame

Does anyone else think C4 needs to be less useful as a grenade?  It's deploy time and range are a little rediculous as well as its blast radius.  There really isn't a pont in using semtex or frags anymore

I would like to see C4 have to be placed like claymores, but I would settle for a range/deploy time nerf.

What do you guys think?

• Re: C4 Discussion
    cranium2001

I think it's fine. Do you remember it in mw3? It wasn't as quick as in black ops 2. Besides, the games not even out yet.

ChestSplittah

No, I'm honestly sick of people hating any kind of ordinance that blows you up. Yet, they have next to no complaints over running with LMGs, Sniper Rifles like they're Assault Rifles. How hard it would be to throw a approximately 5 lb piece of C4 is laughable. Why don't grenades get some drastic nerf? Because it is a grenade.

ghamorra

I hate the C4, it's far more versatile than any other explosive ordinance. If you run into a group of enemy you can toss it out before you die and kill everyone on that side of the map it seems. With Fast Hands it's better than a gun.

ChestSplittah

I can see them removing double tap to get rid of deploy and detonation issue.  Make the animation matter.

kastro187420

t.h.flame wrote:

Does anyone else think C4 needs to be less useful as a grenade?  It's deploy time and range are a little rediculous as well as its blast radius.  There really isn't a pont in using semtex or frags anymore

I would like to see C4 have to be placed like claymores, but I would settle for a range/deploy time nerf.

What do you guys think?

I completely agree. This is one of my biggest complaints about explosives. C4 is not a Grenade, and it shouldn't be used as one. I would be happy if they nerfed the throwing range down so that it only could be thrown about 5 feet. Far enough that you can stick it to the roof of a building if need be, but not far enough that you're throwing it over buildings onto the next street over.

C4 dwarfs grenades in pretty much every way. It would be nice to see Grenades work as Grenades, and C4 work as C4.

ChestSplittah

I've never seen it chucked like that.

kastro187420

ChestSplittah wrote:

I've never seen it chucked like that.

It happens so much in the Domination Matches I've played. You watch these kill cams and you see it flying through the air quite far

Personally, I'd be happy if it couldn't be thrown at all. Make it so you have to hold the Action Button down onto a wall/ceiling/object to plant it. Increase the damage and explosion radius if they want to make up for it, but it would definitely make things better IMO.

ChestSplittah

Oh. Well it does appear at times to be a lofted biscuit.  Though I think making you actually go through the "switch flipping" animation, could help. Though I haven't seen this kind C4 stuff in IW games.

Im_not_BukLau

As long as Blast Shield (or whatever perk decreases explosive damage) is actually useful in Ghosts (unlike MW3) then I don't really see a problem with C4 being left as it is.

r8edtripx

t.h.flame wrote:

What do you guys think?

I don't agree that there isn't a point to using a frag; The C4 can't be thrown like a frag. ...and to get some distance on the C4, you have to basically look straight up to get the angle and run, which leaves you extremely vulnerable.

I don't see the C4 being used a ridiculous amount. I feel casual gamers tend not to go the C4 route.