1 2 3 4 Previous Next 52 Replies Latest reply: May 24, 2013 8:16 PM by Gunzby Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: Geographical Region?
    highlandsparky

I'm unsure what mine said before but since the recent update I'm struggling to find matches, which has never really been an issue.

• 11. Re: Geographical Region?
    SitRepPro

Mine is Reading, England - 35.  I swar my geographical region was 18 in the past.  Maybe I'm seeing things, hallucinating or something. :/

• 12. Re: Geographical Region?
    maccabi

oh thats new giving the location but ..

there you have it in black and white exactly what ive been trying to tell everyone since mw3 about geolocation it doesnt give an accurate account of where you are at all.

• 13. Re: Geographical Region?
    nuttin2say

macc ... is there a possibility that the ISP may be responsible? When I do ping tests on my laptop, it always says I'm pinging from somewhere in Los Angeles, never the same place, and I don't live in LA. I live outside LA. To my understanding, Verizon gives a false address to whoever inquires as a security precaution.

• 14. Re: Geographical Region?
    biron_w

Mine is saying i'm in London when i'm actually in Leeds.

Still doesn't explain why i'm put into lobbies with people from Europe all the time.

• 15. Re: Geographical Region?
    SitRepPro

biron_w wrote:

Still doesn't explain why i'm put into lobbies with people from Europe all the time.

You made me laugh.   I knew as soon as people's locations were stated, people would question why they get matched to every gamer across Europe.  But, seriously, I don't understand it when I'm playing the most popular game mode (TDM) at peak times when lots of people are playing and I can still get placed in foreign lobbies.

• 16. Re: Geographical Region?

i like playing in european lobbies.. hearing someone rage in a language you don't understand cracks me up   yesterday was listening to a french kid winding up another bloke who was raging at him big time in french.. no idea what they were saying but funny as.

• 17. Re: Geographical Region?
    SitRepPro

Campeur?

I don't accept communicatiosn from anyone but friends but I'd notice potential raging through the in-game notification of someone speaking through their mics.  Had a lobby recently of French, English, Dutch and German players and was wondering if any raging happened.  It didn't.  Must be a matter of time then.

• 18. Re: Geographical Region?
    maccabi

biron_w wrote:

Actually it does. london is closer to mainland europe than leeds if you look at the distance by how your data travels.

• 19. Re: Geographical Region?

i'm a lot closer to london than inverness.. does'nt make sense to me.. might explain why it's been so f****ing cold lately.

1 2 3 4 Previous Next