26 Replies Latest reply: May 23, 2013 3:53 PM by BuckNorris007 RSS

Diamond too easy to get.

BuckNorris007

Gold was easy,  Diamond wasnt really that bad either.   But daimond for every primary AND secondary in the game took awhile and all i got was a playercard that looks very similar to easier player cards.     They shoulda came out with a special camo for completing EVERY weapon and secondary in the game.   Like Topaz or Ruby or something.  Instead of coming out with instant download, give something to people to work for and continue playing the game.

• Re: Diamond too easy to get.
    SitRepPro

Camo for everything diamond to stroke your ego?

gdexter

I hate diamond camo - it looks cheap and tacky and isn't much of a reward

Schoat333

Sound like you need something else to do. Seriously, complaining about diamond camos? Get out of the house. There is a whole new world out there.

zingaa

Can you say booster?

rdnsnow

The difficulty is fine it just takes time. I just wish it took longer. That way it means more. I have diamond ARs and smgs and really don't care to do any more.

JcApocalypse

I wish snipers required headshots instead of one shots. Same for shotguns. Having diamond on those two sets arent really satisfying, in my opinion.

*whoops clicked reply on your message instead of the original. Fail.

You know how tough it is to get a OHK with that 4 shot shotgun? lol its like you need select fire on the dam thing. Im working on Diamond AR's got 2 more then im done, maybe do LMG's next, but they keep nerfing everything its like **** it, might as well do pistols while they claim to be OP still lol

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

Even with any nerfs, there is still a lot of fun to be had with the LMG's.  I use the following class setup with the LSAT and can mow through enemies pretty well..

Primary: LSAT

Attachments: Quickdraw + Stock + Suppressor  (requires Primary Gunfighter)

Secondary: None (tough to run out of bullets, but you can always pick up an enemy's gun if you want)

Perks: Ghost, Flak Jacket (requires Perk 1 Greed) + Toughness + Dexterity

No tacticals or lethals.

I'm average (1.12 K/D) and can usually get 20-30 kills per game using this class.  A friend of mine (~1.5 K/D) routinely gets 30-45 per game with the same setup.

BuckNorris007

I played a lot of hard core for that shot gun.  LMG's are fun though.   I play LMG's now more then any other gun.   My top gun is the MK48.  Recoil is VERY reasonable for the damage your putting out and I dont even use a forward grip.

MK48, Silencer, Red dot.  (used to use quick-draw grip alot which was awesome but I feel silencer is more benificial.)

Flack Jacket, Hardline   (using hardline now that im playing Arms Race)

Toughness

Engineer, Tactical Mask

And dont be afraid to spend some lead on walls and fences.   I get a LOT of kills on enemies I never even seen.

vsimco

I felt the grind was just right if I had to spend more to get all diamonds it probably wouldn't have been as fun especially for the some of the guns that I didn't like.

BTW All diamonds is not hard, just use different guns and not have 10x the amount of kills with one gun versus your 2nd best.

r8edtripx

BuckNorris007 wrote:

Gold was easy,  Diamond wasnt really that bad either.   But daimond for every primary AND secondary in the game took awhile and all i got was a playercard that looks very similar to easier player cards.     They shoulda came out with a special camo for completing EVERY weapon and secondary in the game.   Like Topaz or Ruby or something.  Instead of coming out with instant download, give something to people to work for and continue playing the game.

IMO, the difficulty to get diamond camo is just right. The grind with some weapons gets frustrating as it is. I do agree, that if somone goes through the trouble of getting diamond for everything, there should be a special camo for that accomplishment.

JKG1989TFK

Crossbow bloodthisty that is all ..................

BuckNorris007

Crossbow bloodthirsty was a little tough but have you done launchers yet?

ThatIdiot

The launchers were one of the easiest to get. Some of them only required some luck. Like the FHJ-AA challenge, I just kept throwing care packages across the map to give them dragonfires.

I think the special weapons are the hardest to do. Those are so useless and are more of a fun weapon to play around with when you get bored. I use launchers all the time either for anti-air or a good tool to get rid of campers.

BuckNorris007

Yeah FHJ took a long time.  Dragonfires were best bet but I could go a week without seeing one even out of a carepackage.    RPG triple kill proved to be challenging too since they patched it so ya cant use a gun for first two kills.    Special weapons I played a lot of Sticks and Stones and Hardcore to get.   Wasnt so bad that way and didnt screw K/D to bad.

NorcalBob

They take time but its rewarding to finally get that Diamond Camo banner- usually following the last Bloodthirsty.  Not too easy but not too tough either.

I HAD Diamond AR's, SMG's and LMG's but being Master Prestige, bored and obsessed with the whole level-up thing, I reset all my stats.

My first gold weapon, 1 week into the new campaign, the SCAR H.  Next up either the HAMR, M27 or the MTAR.  I am way more efficient with my Camo pursuit this lap around.  I am working on Launchers, LMGs and ARs currently.  

NorcalBob

I won't touch my gold SCAR again until it becomes Diamond, I have all those other guns to ramp up.  I try not to waste an unlock on weapons but instead just use them as they become avail by level.  For this reason I am about half way on a bunch of guns in the Headshot run to 100.  Once that is done I have a weapon group set up that is devoted to that weapon for the 150 naked portion and then I will rig up a couple of Tryhard variations, a ACOG* select fire version to burst for the long range challenge.  I play Domination only so I have classes with 2x Trophys, others with 2x Emps and Frags.  *Note:  I tried a SCAR version for long range with the Target Finder and Silencer and it was absolutely horrible.

Its is interesting how well I end up doing in Domination with a "naked weapon" (the SCAR is a beast) and 2 x Trophys.

Viper-BSM

Diamond just shows that you have too mch time on your hands Diamond does not look too good as the new camos and the Hardened Edition one looks the best.