12 Replies Latest reply: May 20, 2013 9:45 AM by phxs72 RSS

Mob Of The Dead CONSTANTLY!!! freezing.

•  

this is so stupid. my bo2 game worked pefectly on my ps3. then mob of the dead comes out. i downloaded it. it lets me play on the multiplayer maps with no problem at all but as soon as i go on mob of the dead my ps3 instantly crashes. i try and try over and over again only to very rarely get a game that lkasts 2 rounds. i have tried deleteing the dlc and re-installing it with wired router and it makes no difference! its still messed up. it is not peoples consoles that are messing up here. i either would like to see this fixed or get a full refund because it is totally unfair. i have paid for something and am unable to use it. i keep reading the activision posts on here to see if they have said any replies that could help anyone, and yet still nothing. they jsut keep repeating the same things to everyone which is clearly not working! so yeah. if this is not fixed i seriously would like a refund and you can take your dlc back.
      also, my ps3 is totally clean, not overheating, no scratched discs... nothing!!!

• Re: Mob Of The Dead CONSTANTLY!!! freezing.
    Froggmann6

I can't be of much help BUT  I can tell you that you won't get a refund. It works perfectly except for MotD? Did you scratch the disk in anyway?

It is happening to me too.

Ahha im having a kinda diffent problem. about around round twenty i get the helicopter noise and it stuffs up the whole game. i surely hope Sony does something about this.

6eezZombie

try servicing the PS3, it helped me once, i know you said its clean, but can't hurt to try. If idoesn't work, thensadly ur one of the unluvky ones. a friend recently bought the the game on the PS, but kept craching on him, his console would just turn off. Shitty PS3's

i can tell you the problem right away! the game isnt designed for ps3 it cant handle it. you ever get that audio bug?? .... or sometimes hard freezes in tranzit? i was on ps3 happened to me and my friends all the time. it was a broken mess on ps3 i dont think ps3 has quite the right amount of memory to run this game treyarch ****** up big time with this product for the ps3 cant say im surprised i just pity you though! :/

SmallFace

zombyeslayer87 wrote:

i can tell you the problem right away! the game isnt designed for ps3 it cant handle it. you ever get that audio bug?? .... or sometimes hard freezes in tranzit? i was on ps3 happened to me and my friends all the time. it was a broken mess on ps3 i dont think ps3 has quite the right amount of memory to run this game treyarch ****** up big time with this product for the ps3 cant say im surprised i just pity you though! :/

What a load of crap.

er1kazd

It freezes like every third solo game for me on Mob of the dead. No problems with online play, just solo.

Bloated-Monkey

I've had a few freezes, but they seem to have stopped (for now).

I've also had the horrible audio glitch at higher rounds.

Aaand on top of all that, while at round 29 the game decided to randomly host migrate and kick everyone out even though everyones internet was fine and we just ended up back in the party lobby?!

It's NOT a PS3 issue. It's a developer issue. They make the game for xbox then poorly port it over to PS3, giving us a lot of issues in the process. F*ck 3arc, f*ck Activi$ion and f*ck micro$oft.

Nathan220

Unhelpful answer: get an xbox lol

Helpful answer: I'd recommend trying Mob of the Dead on a different PS3. (Trusted friend or family member)

Or delete a few things from your HDD.

Delete your system cache. (I'm on Xbox but PS3 should have this too)

Delete then re download the update.

SmallFace

Nathan220 wrote:

Unhelpful answer: get an xbox lol

Helpful answer: I'd recommend trying Mob of the Dead on a different PS3. (Trusted friend or family member)

Or delete a few things from your HDD.

Delete your system cache. (I'm on Xbox but PS3 should have this too)

Delete then re download the update.

get an xbox and gain a new set of different problems.

what would be the point in trying it on another ps3? It does work, I have no problems on my ps3 and no one I know has complained about it either. It might make sense if it was a hard copy but as its downloaded it doesnt unless you suggesting the disc is broken somehow, inwhich case  it would be more likely that the lens is on its way out. ps3 discs do not scratch easy, toughest discs Ive ever had.

there is a file consistancy check in recovery menu though (or pull the power out while it on and it promps to check because system wasnt shut down correctly) or try deleting game data and reinstalling.

phxs72

It froze on me twice over the weekend and once after the final killcam in Multiplayer.  My PS3 wasn't freezing prior to the DLC download.  So it's a problem with the coding.  Hopefully, they will have a patch up soon.