kaktusbear

(1) U choose a TDM game and the matchmaking system chooses a host

(2) U get a host but that host belongs to the opposite team

(3) So the opposite team benefits from that

(4) Your team looses

Is there any truth in this?

• Re: Any truth i this?
    RunAndGun1

All I know is that when I'm made the host, gameplay completely tanks. People who suggest that hosting a match gives you an advantage have never hosted a match.

Whenever I've joined a match before the host is chosen, I've been made the host 50%-60% of the time. Why? Because I have the better connection (compared) to the other players. Yet, when I'm host, my experience is horrible. I rarely finish a match I'm hosting because it becomes clear very quickly when I'm the host. I've forced myself to finish a match when I've been host, just to see what the outcome was. But, it's never been good. Hosting a match sucks. Which is why many people suggest the idea of dedicated servers. Maybe dedis aren't the best solution, but there has to be a better way. I've never experienced such lag, except in COD. So, no, it's not my connection.

Although, customer service (via chat) has explained to me that often my experience in gameplay is affected by how many people are playing online at the time. The more people playing, the better my experience. Which is unacceptable. This is where dedicated servers would improve games, because they're effectiveness is not predicated on how many people are playing online.

I can't say I know what the best solution is, but I can say I've had better experience with other games regarding lag.

kaktusbear

Black ops 2 isn't the worst game when it comes to lag thats for sure! I think a faster console(doesn't make sense if the PC have problems with lag as well) or , I hope, a better programming of the netcode can make this better. So lets hope the next COD on the next generations consoles doesn't have this...

SandSeven

RunAndGun1 wrote:

All I know is that when I'm made the host, gameplay completely tanks. People who suggest that hosting a match gives you an advantage have never hosted a match.

Whenever I've joined a match before the host is chosen, I've been made the host 50%-60% of the time. Why? Because I have the better connection (compared) to the other players. Yet, when I'm host, my experience is horrible. I rarely finish a match I'm hosting because it becomes clear very quickly when I'm the host. I've forced myself to finish a match when I've been host, just to see what the outcome was. But, it's never been good. Hosting a match sucks. Which is why many people suggest the idea of dedicated servers. Maybe dedis aren't the best solution, but there has to be a better way. I've never experienced such lag, except in COD. So, no, it's not my connection.

Although, customer service (via chat) has explained to me that often my experience in gameplay is affected by how many people are playing online at the time. The more people playing, the better my experience. Which is unacceptable. This is where dedicated servers would improve games, because they're effectiveness is not predicated on how many people are playing online.

I can't say I know what the best solution is, but I can say I've had better experience with other games regarding lag.

You don't really believe that do you? Please say no. I've seen too many statements like this that appear over and over. Are there so many in the Cod community that are really this ignorant? Do they have no ability to think past their own experiences and see others actually have experiences that differ from their own?

RunAndGun1

"Do they have no ability to think past their own experiences and see others actually have experiences that differ from their own?"

Does this question apply to yourself, SandSeven? It seems like you're putting your own experience above others.

All I know is that since day one, my experience playing BO2 has been crap. I had a similar experience with BO1, except that the lag did lessen over time with BO1. Whereas in BO2, the lag seems to be just as bad today as it was on the day of release last November. Not to mention the horrendous spawning.

ab36

I've been the host many times since playing Call of Duty 4, more often than not I've actually benefitted from being host. There were a number of times though where it felt like being host was a disadvantage in some gunfights, but not everyone is completely nerfed when they're host lol I do know people that can't stand it when they're host because they can't kill anyone. But for me being host has been a better experience than being stuck with some host far from where I am lol

5t3v3

EVERYONE in the lobby runs off host the same way, the players on the same team as the host aren't connected better or have any advantage due to which team host is on.

Restore_Hardcore

If you still believe in Santa Clause then yes, it is true.

I used to have a lot of lag whenever I would be the host when I was running on a wireless connection. The game would barely even be playable. I switched over to a wired connection and I haven't really had any lag at all lately, host or not. The game is alot more enjoyable now that I'm not watching people run in place or shooting through people.

phxs72

It can feel that way and sometimes it works out that the team with the host does quite well but it's not a programmed feature.  I suspect that the reason that one team or another gets an advantage has to do with their latency to the host.  If the host's team has very low latency to him then they are going to be hard to kill.  Of course, it sometimes happens that the non-host team has the very low latency.  I actually used to notice this phenomenon more frequently that the host team would have an advantage in MW3 but it's still wasn't a programmed feature.  I would imagine that it was just a difference in how MW3 and BO2 decides it's team balancing.

stevemcqueen1228

When I am host I have God mode enabled.  I notice it.

nuttin2say

The reason a party wins when someone on the party's team gets host is ... because they are playing as a party.

Sometimes being host is an advantage.

Sometimes being host sucks.

It's 50-50 at best

Stop streaming or using the internet in other parts of your house while playing COD and you will see an improvement in match quality.

Dedis do not solve lag problems. Run & Gun, I like your post except for that single part of it. My lil bro and I play BF3 all the time and the lag there is just as bad as it is in COD. Map rotation is non-existent so players can get really good on their favorite maps and less popular maps get ignored. Admins kill or kick you out of vehicles when you are kicking their arse. Matches can last as long as two hours. Scores and stats mean absolutely nothing. In fact, matches are nothing more than a big fat boosting session.

Dedis would be the end of COD for certain.

InstantOG

Isn't it great when you lose to a bunch of scrubs when they're all 4 barring to your teams 3 bar, then the next match on a new host you beat them and now your lag switching.