14 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2013 11:46 AM by myevo8you RSS

Party Games / Full Party Boosting

TheSurgeon83

Someone who was on my friend list suddenly had the nuclear title, odd I thought as they aren't the strongest player. Had a quick look at recent games and found they had gone into sticks and stones with a full party from the clan they're in to fill the lobby and taken it in turns to get Nuclear titles.

I'm not naming and shaming and I know boosters will generally find a way, but allowing full parties of 8 to go into party games seems to be making it a bit too easy, maybe have it like FFA but with splitscreen guests allowed?

• Re: Party Games / Full Party Boosting
    FalconR6

When a guy came on here talking about how he wanted his stats reset because they were crap, I did a bit of homework. Turned out his crappy KD was due to having been reset for boosting. That's sad. What's sadder was typing his GMT into google and finding a site where he and other gamers would gather to swap details for full boosting lobbies. Pathetic really

See, sometimes i like to play those party games with my clan just for like bragging rights, plus TDM is only 6v6 so when we have 7 or 8 peeps we can play party games. Its fun, granted one bad apple spoils the bunch but would u piss and moan if i usedthe Combat axe and did my stuff for that against my party mates even if we were all tryingto win?

FalconR6

Funny true story. Me and my bro playing split screen. A couple of times the matchmaking gliched out placing us on opposite teams. Thing is that we took the opportunity to go hammer and tongs at one another.  No mercy was shown and a few laughs were had. I blamed him killing me due to him looking at my screen - truthfully he's much better than me. 

This is where I just don't understand cheating at all - where is the fun?  The only people who really look at your stats are those who know you - and they would most likely know if shenanigans have taken place. 

Oh yeah man I play with my gf and a few times they will put us on opposite teams and I will screen peak lol she hates it but eh its fun

FalconR6

Lol, I hope you let her win - keep her in a good mood;). I wrote a post on this split screen glitch - gamers said they couldn't believe me. Glad to know I'm not the only one. Me and my bros don't SS often - but one thing we do is change up who's player 1. There seems to be a difference in connectivity between the two. Maybe a placebo - but it seems that P1 gets a better deal.

CurliestRogue0

Boosting annoys me to no end as well (yes, even in party games where it doesn't impact me via scorestreaks ruining my KC match.  I can't help it.).  However, it's already frustrating that I can't play FFA with buddies, because who doesn't like to own their buddies in a video game?  I wouldn't want that same rule to limit my ability to do party games with buddies. 

Exactly, and the whole "Split Screen" thing are you saying people shouldnt be able to split screen in party games? I dont see what affect that would have. Honestly, I mean FFA is the only game u cant do split screen in, One in the Chamber and other PG's you can, all other games you can, so u dont think people cant boost in FFA? they say FFA is the easist mode to get a Nuke, ironically enough. lol

rankismet

A booster's gonna boost.

I play Sticks & Stones with 7 friends sometimes... he laugh our asses off and have fun. No one boosts.

I have never once seen a legitimately earned nuke title... not saying they don't exist... but if someone has that title and only 1 relentless. They're a booster.

TheSurgeon83

Send an add to this gamer tag if you want to see a legit one, I agree there aren't many out there.

I've never really played much in the way of party games and when I saw the epic boosting in action I was horrified/amazed. Fair enough if people play it with friends legitimately but I still think it's a boosters heaven.

rankismet

TheSurgeon83 wrote:

Send an add to this gamer tag if you want to see a legit one, I agree there aren't many out there.

I've never really played much in the way of party games and when I saw the epic boosting in action I was horrified/amazed. Fair enough if people play it with friends legitimately but I still think it's a boosters heaven.

As with anything... cheaters are going to do their thing. I've come across scores of them. I would hate for things to be removed due to the inability of some players to control their cheating ways.

Sticks and stones is a fun way to pass time in a party when you are waiting for someone to get back from a quick run to the store or dealing with kids.

myevo8you

rankismet wrote:

A booster's gonna boost.

I play Sticks & Stones with 7 friends sometimes... he laugh our asses off and have fun. No one boosts.

I have never once seen a legitimately earned nuke title... not saying they don't exist... but if someone has that title and only 1 relentless. They're a booster.

I played with a guy the other day that had a K/D of .46 and had the Nuclear medal displayed "proudly" on his playercard. I looked at his medals in his combat record and he had 3 nuclears with 296 unstoppables. TWO HUNDRED AND NINTEY SIX unstoppales with 3 nuclears. YEP, He went 130-0 THREE times, because he was such an awesome player (sarcasm). His total SPM was around 115.