12 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2013 8:01 PM by Foxhound-Pro Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Community has no meaning to some

I enjoy playing this game a great deal. I am one of those people who enjoy doing challenges and playing the objective. I do play league TDM, and I have fun no matter the game mode. Now my point is that some members of this community have little to no respect for other players. This is a game! This game in no way is a measure of ones self worth. I would not be so low as to send others a message about how bad they are or call them degrading things based on the one time I have played with them in a random lobby. Personally I don't respond to this type of message and just add the person to my blocked communications list. I have personally only recieved a couple such messages but have heard of others getting this type of hate mail. Please stop using this game as your only source of ego boost, being good at Call of Duty does not make you a better person than anyone else. All things exist as opposites, there is no good without the bad. If this is all you have in your life I feel sorry for you, the world is full of exciting new life enriching experiences to be had. Enjoy your time here and live and let be.

Oh and by the way, the professional gamers I have met were good guys. They obviously have skills and talent, but they also have something called respect. There is nothing wrong with playing to win, its when you take the extra time to call someone else out that you cross the line. Just say GG and move on.

• Re: Community has no meaning to some
    rankismet

Welcome to the anonymity of the internet. It's nothing new.

And not changing anytime soon.

deamonomic

ah the good old hate mail. I get some from time to time at which point I usually just point out the obvious flaw in their rant. Had one guy who was angry at me at the end of the game. I said "OH hey I remember you!" At which point he responded with some illicit words... to which I burst out laughing. Im sorry but after the rude attitude I couldnt help it. This guy managed to die 5 times in a row within about 10 seconds. I would post the video here but I didnt take the time to blur his name so it could be considered name and shame type thing.

anyways He died because He kept tac inserting. I can understand once... twice even... Hell even 3 deaths I can understand If I go out on a really long limb... But after that WHY oh WHY would you tac insert at the same location an aditional 2 times? I mean the way I was stalking his insert was obvious as hell.

So once He started acting hurt over the game I started laughing. To which I get 2 very long messages (he filled both to the limit wall o text style) told me how Im a kid and that means I play more (I had 6 more hours played) (im actually 25) and a bunch of other equally meaningless insults (they in the video) at the end of wich he blocks communications with me like its some kind of win for him XD

I say GG all the time. I dont feel like it was a GG. But I say it nonetheless. I have a rule, be polite as long as they are. once they start trash talking and being rude... well first I dont say anything, destroy them, then ask what it was they were saying XD

JSlayer211

I think you are living in a land of rainbows and fairy tales to be honest. In ALL competitive environments there is heat and friction. Pick any competitive arena and tell me that all of the people in there are friendly and shake hands after each match. It just doesn't happen. It's in the human nature to be passionate and excitable about whatever things that peak your interest, so naturally conflicting views will clash from time to time.

It's on the person receiving the insults to determine how that exchange will go. You can either feed the fight with insults of your own or say "Sorry you feel that way, good game anyway." I play a lot of League TDM and to be honest I don't like to rattle anyone (especially before a match) as they will employ any cheap tactic necessary to win while I want to win and have fun/challenging fights at the same time.

For the most part, professional players are d-bags too. Meet them in a lobby when they aren't recording footage for something or knowing they will remove the audio and you will get a REAL sense for how rude they can be.

The only time I get my feathers ruffled is when there is someone on my team not even attempting to compete. (Ex. 0-20) I don't care if you are giving it your best and going minorly negative like -3 or less. But these guys running 0.1 K/D in League TDM push my buttons like no other. Want to troll me? Come to LP and just get demolished all game long on my team works every time. I have to work to control my anger with those people but that's me and all people are different. Just because you handle things better than others, doesn't mean you should preach at them for it either.

Be the change you wish to see in the community. I try not to engage in those kinds of insult wars as it proves nothing. If people stopped entertaining this nonsense it would stop.

deamonomic

JSlayer211 wrote:

I think you are living in a land of rainbows and fairy tales to be honest. In ALL competitive environments there is heat and friction. Pick any competitive arena and tell me that all of the people in there are friendly and shake hands after each match. It just doesn't happen. It's in the human nature to be passionate and excitable about whatever things that peak your interest, so naturally conflicting views will clash from time to time.

It's on the person receiving the insults to determine how that exchange will go. You can either feed the fight with insults of your own or say "Sorry you feel that way, good game anyway." I play a lot of League TDM and to be honest I don't like to rattle anyone (especially before a match) as they will employ any cheap tactic necessary to win while I want to win and have fun/challenging fights at the same time.

For the most part, professional players are d-bags too. Meet them in a lobby when they aren't recording footage for something or knowing they will remove the audio and you will get a REAL sense for how rude they can be.

The only time I get my feathers ruffled is when there is someone on my team not even attempting to compete. (Ex. 0-20) I don't care if you are giving it your best and going minorly negative like -3 or less. But these guys running 0.1 K/D in League TDM push my buttons like no other. Want to troll me? Come to LP and just get demolished all game long on my team works every time. I have to work to control my anger with those people but that's me and all people are different. Just because you handle things better than others, doesn't mean you should preach at them for it either.

Be the change you wish to see in the community. I try not to engage in those kinds of insult wars as it proves nothing. If people stopped entertaining this nonsense it would stop.

I only send hate mail to rage quiters which reads "thanks for screwing everyone else over" some I have been annoyed enough to simply tell them to stop playing league (keep in mind this was on a day where EVERY game I played had atleast one rage quiter somewhere... and in Champions thats actually a huge loss... most of the time...)

JSlayer211

Doing champions without a full team is like having unprotected intercourse with the Glory Hole in the mens bathroom. You don't know what you are getting and pretty much setting yourself up for a disaster. I don't go out of my way to message anyone as I feel it's a waste of my time. I have already wasted enough time submitting a player review to avoid this player and possibly report depending on what transpired. I have gotten several bits of hate mail and informed the person nicely that I would be happy to help him improve his playstyle and didn't feed into his angry rant from losing. He then replied with an apology and we ended it there. Don't fight with pigs, you only get dirty in the process and the pigs love the attention.

deamonomic

JSlayer211 wrote:

Doing champions without a full team is like having unprotected intercourse with the Glory Hole in the mens bathroom. You don't know what you are getting and pretty much setting yourself up for a disaster. I don't go out of my way to message anyone as I feel it's a waste of my time. I have already wasted enough time submitting a player review to avoid this player and possibly report depending on what transpired. I have gotten several bits of hate mail and informed the person nicely that I would be happy to help him improve his playstyle and didn't feed into his angry rant from losing. He then replied with an apology and we ended it there. Don't fight with pigs, you only get dirty in the process and the pigs love the attention.

I hold out for the hope that if they realize they are screwing others over simply because they didnt want to play that map... or game mode... or because there are masters top 10 on the other team. (Im talking about the people who leave within the first minute of games) I played about 20 games and every single game save 2 had someone from my team or the opposing team quit in the first minute of the game.

JSlayer211

I understand what you are saying and how you feel, but a nasty message is the last thing that will possibly get anyone back on track. Dashboarding in LP is a daily occurrence, but that's primarily why I don't play Champions. Losing one or even two on TDM is off putting but you can still conquer that. The only cure for you concern is to run a consistent team or pickup team. Otherwise you are doomed to send messages every single day as people quit games so frequently that it's not even funny.

Yea I get the anonymity thing. I come from a MMO background so flaming is nothing new. I just think its funny how much someone's ego can be invested in a game. It doesn't ruin the game for me or anything, I just think if people would take a breath sometimes, or count to ten would that extra message really be necessary? Does it make them feel better about themselves to insult someone else? Oh and I won't lie and say I have never gotten into it with anyone in chat before, your right usually pointing out the obvious will take the wind right out of them. Oh well enjoy the game guys, but get out and enjoy life too.

nicedrewishfela

It's gotten worse, sadly.

Somewhere along the line people decided it was OK to be a jerk towards others. That it is ok to demean and belittle people. That it is ok to harass and curse people out.

The golden lining is that I still believe that there are far more good folks out there than there are bad ones.

The bad ones are just a lot louder, unfortunately.

trialstardragon

Welcome to the reality of the internet. Do not believe what anyone told you where everyone has to be nice or polite or friendly. This is not the case with the internet and never will be. Best you can do is report the worst offenders, set to avoid, leave lobby and find a new match and put them behind you and forget about it.

People in this game will never be how you want them to be, nor saying anything here will ever change it. For there is no way to change it for nothing done or said will ever change them and how they do what they do or why. They are not going to change just becasue you said something on the forums. It is up to you to be smart enough to block, avoid, leave and then move on and realize that this is life. People do not have to be nice just because you wish to think so.

Foxhound-Pro

It's unfortunate that some would stoop so low. Ignore them.

The main reason as to why this is being locked though is because it is not productive and ultimately is a rant to people that are not on our forums.