36 Replies Latest reply: Aug 15, 2013 12:12 PM by YO_MOM_IS_NEXT RSS

PS3 BLACK OPS 2 LAG. FIXED THE PROBLEM. GO WIFI. DMZ. STATIC IP

Black Ops 2. So many things come to mind when I think about this game.

Anger.

Lag.

Bad Spawns.

Spawn Trapping.

Useless scorestreaks.

Scorestreaks getting destroyed to quickly considering how many points they take to earn.

Maps that are too small and poorly designed.

Bullets that pick and choose when they want to go thru or around corners using wanted physics.

Firing entire magazine clips into someones face just to have to them kill you with 1 bullet to the knee.

Explosive equipment that blows you up but not the person that used it standing right next to it.

Rocket Lancher users that shoot you in a confined space but their own rocket blast doesn't hurt or kill them.

Spawn Campers.

People spawning right behind you as you kill them.

Rage quitters.

Lagswitchers.

Host migration FAILS.

Connection interrupted issues happening every other second.

Getting close to the end of a match just to get lagged out by a rage quitting host when your winning.

Bad server issues or getting disconnected from servers or your profile signing out.

Boosters using tac inserts.

People taking over lobbys with friends to boost.

Prestige glitchers.

Glitchers that ruin or lag that game.

People that abuse the report system and acuse people of being a hacker who actually have skill and won a legit match.

People that overuse the term hacker,tryhard....or swag.

Game takes no skill or thinking to win, you only have to spawn camp.

AUTO AIM.

Useless DLC that steals old maps from old call of duty games and calls them "NEW".

Zombies is a gimmick and adds nothing of any real value to your profile for multiplayer.

No cool gun unlocks (ray gun), camos, zombie character for multiplayer, emblems, or titles for playing zombies.

Having said all that lets get to the point.

BLACK OPS LAG IS THE WORST I HAVE EVER SEEN IN ANY CALL OF DUTY GAME!

Since patch 1.10 patch the game is unplayable.

EVERY match I enter starts fine for the 1st mintute and then....TREYARCH...or their dark lord Satan says "your winning?....LET THERE BE LAG! :trollface:.

I then get kicked back into the lobby screen and the match ends every time.

Also it starts at 4 green bars and randomly goes to 1 red bar every 5 to 10 seconds.

My NAT is open.

My PS3 is in the dmz zone.

I've tired portfowarding.

I currently use a wired connection.

I have tried a wireless and it gets worse.

I just paid for a new motrola $100 modem and new netgear $180 router.

Best you get get at the store.

My connection is 30 download and 10 upload on PS3 for the built in network test. Wired.

COX COMMUNACATIONS is my service provider in Las Vegas, Nevada.

So now for the MILLION dollar question...WHY DO I KEEP GETTING LAGGED OUT EVERT MATCH?

Why does Black Ops 2 lag so much?

I paid all this money for the best equipment and have everything opened yet the lag is worse then it's ever been!

It doesn't seem to matter how good your connection is. Lags no matter what.

I want Treyarch to handle this and FIX the lag issue.

Then after that fix your spawn system.

*FREE ADVICE* (SPAWN THE PLAYER AS FAR AS POSSIBLE ACROSS THE MAP FROM WHOEVER JUST KILLED HIM!)

Support it. FIX IT!

UPDATE* PROBLEM IS FIXED. Using Wifi now. DMZ zone for ps3. Static IP for PS3. No more problems.

Wired lags. Wifi works.

• Re: PS3 BLACK OPS 2 LAG. GAME OVER BEFORE IT EVEN BEGINS!
    saxon_

so all true

saxon_

also add me on psn if you wana party up : x2G1C_Saxon

TheBeastlyDude

Why would you get your money back? The single player game works just fine and since Treyarch/Activision has the rights to stop supporting the multiplayer portion of the game anytime they want, you paid for the single player game. It's why Treyarch can get away with putting out a problematic multiplayer.

You forgot "People that complain too much".

fatboyhurst

its Lags so much because your internet connection is too good compared to the rest of the lobby

I have a theory that in the beginning people were advising for everyone to select "BEST" in the settings of match making to make the game run smoother which is probably a load of bullshit, so a lot of people did

All those that have crappy internet use this, even though they shouldnt, leeching of the high speed "Host" causing the game to become unplayable as the Host team are compensated by lag comp

For me to be Host most of the time when i use the "Best" connection settings, tells me the other players have a slower connection yet STILL choose this setting in the belief there game will run better, even though thier connection is not matched to mine, hence why it always picks me as HOST.

These fookers should not be matched with me if it screws everything up

I dont know why the game cant determine what speed you are running at and choose the preferences for you.

Surely the players that are not matched in terms of internet speed should be put together.

Then again, if you had a slow internet connection Host in a whole lobby, who would HOST the frigging game with success?

it all points towards Dedicated servers imo, then people like me with a high speed internet should not be handicaped like some sort of race jockey with a 12 ton monkey on his back.

The last time a game Host Migrated and "DIDNT" make me Host was......erm, fuk, i cant remember, probably before i upgraded to BT infinity

I might be talknig a load of horse muck, but it works for me, and gives an excuse for being a **** player

I do get selected as a host quite often and everything runs great.

When someone else hosts....rage quit...game over lmao.

Back to the main lobby. I play free for all.

anionz

This is in response to the thread owner and also fatboyhurst.

The only person who presented the closest reason for such lag was fatboyhurst and i completely concur with him.

This is my setup:

Verizon Fios: 50mbps/25mbps [Speedtest.net result: 60mbps/36mbps]

-> In reality my max download speed via pc i achieved was 7.9 Mb/s constant (its your download server dependent)

Having the same issue as all Ultra High-speed internet users, i was constantly the Host and always died due to lag, hence i coined the term, I am "Lag Beechin". People laugh obviously not truly understanding WHAT i am referring to when i am hopelessly am the only one calling out "LAGGGGG".

Keyword: "Load Balancing"

So i do the following:

On PS3:

1. Static IP
      2. Custom DNS (Run a DNS benchmarking software on your pc to achieve the 2 magical DNS IPs)

3. UPNP off

4. Gigabit FULL Duplex

5. MTU: 1500 (Athough PC can handle 9K via gigabit router.... )

Hardware:
      6. Install a Gigabit Switch, making sure first port utilized is for ps3. (I even go to the lengths of unplugging every single other cat 6 cables connected to either the Switch or the Verizon Router)

7. Use CAT 6 ethernet cables

On Verizon Router:

8. Advanced settings then modify QoS to ensure highest priority given to my static ip for PS3 for "OUTBOUND policy"

** Since, what is happening, is basically you are downloading your opponents bullet quicker than your bullet being uploaded and being sent to him.

Coming back to the post configuration result.

My Connection test on PS3 says:

=> 40mbps/22mbps (The upload always varies between 9-22mbps)

^ Now that brought a smile to my face , i was finally able to have PS3 report far more accurate test speeds than before.

But still none this matters, since what the programmers of the Game decided to write is to not include any advantage to the person with the faster internet. (that is why i loved and still will love KillZone 3, where i was King!)

After adding a Switch, i am seldom host, but i am still "Lag Beechin! " as always in every game.

*When i got lucky one night after thousand nights, i scored 8K in nuketown DOMINATION with 67 kills and i only use the Five-seven.

So what is the true reason?

To present it in Layman's terms: Load Balancing or Network Load Balancing. As said my previous repliers, lag is and always will be present, especially since those "Clear 4G users who hook up a wireless router to their 4g wifi card" and then come online thinkin they got the speeds to play like normal people are there....!!!

So for instance, when i join a room with or without a party, 99% of the time i am the person with the strongest network connections, so naturally, (since PSN is free, hence the quality of service and servers provided) i am paired with the slowest connection (the weak link) of the room. What then starts happening basically he is like a leech, feeding of my strength of the network connectivity. So everytime i see him, i fire, i die.... Why? my ps3 was busy feeding others before feeding me....

So 2 real simple options to resolve this issue.

Slow down your internet (you can become one of those CLEAR 4G users....)

or

Stop playing this game, so you don't "LAG BEECH" as much as i do...

My KDR went from 2.5 to 0.7something (I am Master Prestiged and the whole nine yards...)

My Background:

Computer Engineer

CCNA - Cisco Certified Network Associate.

Thank you for listening!

I shall go "Lag Beech!!!" for the nth time.... *sigh*... lol

- Anionz

Adam1234567893

Playstation 3 isn't the only one Xbox 360 is experiencing all of your problems as well and PC is 10 times worse then console. This game was abandoned and will never be close to perfection let alone be fixed the only thing you will see done to this game is screwing around with weapon stats and fixes to the smallest glitches the game breakers will never be fixed and the maps will never get better or bigger. They are using a 10 year old engine known as the Quake 3 engine so expect nothing. They have shown how much they actually care about their customers so expect nothing good or better or new or big from the Call of Duty series. Just the same old problems that get worse every year and they might lose their smoothness in their series since they are using a new engine so expect more problems from the new Call of Duty.

True, Call Of Duty is a dead horse being dragged along by it's owner Activision in a race to get everyones cash before they relealize the horse they bet on is dead. COD will be driven into the ground just like guitar hero was by Activision. I'm tired of COD already. If the PS3 had Halo I would play that over COD any time. Stuck with COD or Battlefield. I hate EA more then Activision....Far...Cry...3...multiplayer....or the lack of it.

Yes, I got a FULL REFUND for far cry 3. Whos's laughing now EA.

Izjar11

Smells bad here

mdm123456789

Not once did you ask yourself, "why do I keep buying them". What's your gamer tag so I can add you in ghosts. LOL

I do think about that. Thats why I laughed about ghosts being annouced. I fixed my connection problem or at least it's stable at the moment. I stopped using my 50 foot ethernet cable and now I'm wireless. I gave my PS3 a static IP and put it in the DMZ ZONE on my netgaer router. All is fine now. 4 green bars 24/7 now. See you on ghosts lmao.

anw-_-

That is my PS3 gamertag.

• Re: PS3 BLACK OPS 2 LAG. FIXED THE PROBLEM. GO WIFI. DMZ. STATIC IP
    IRANIAN-MONSTERFORCE

Lag depends on many things. I ll put this step by step why there is Lag.

1st: There will be Lag EVERYWHERE in online games. If you play ANY online games, it will have lag. But sometimes it's WAY too much lag and sometimes less Lag.

2nd: Lag also matters where you are positioned. Example( I live in LA, lets say the host is from Spain, then I will have  A HUGE amount of lag because the host is in Spain. Then if I'm host, and there is a player from Spain, THAT player will have lag.) P.S I agree BO2 has worst lag in CoD history.

3rd: Depends on your Internet connection meaning if you use wireless, you have to check your percentage of signal your ps3 or Xbox has. If you have 23% ( which is HORRIBLE) know that you will have A HUGE amount of lag regardless of your location.

4th: The server that Call of Duty has been using is 9 years old. Although they've been only updating it that's all.

5th: Depends if you are host. If you are host, then there will be lots of Lag. Or if the host has a bad Internet connection.