1 26 27 28 29 30 Previous Next 382 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2013 5:41 AM by frtthunderpants Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 270. Re: The Lag!!!!
    sjo74

Latency can be affected by many things. If the remote server is far away, latency is higher. If there is significant other activity on the network, you may also experience higher latency. Some access technologies such as satellite communication also add very high latency.

This applet measures latency by sending a series of small messages to our server and then seeing how long it takes the messages to return. We send 200 small UDP packets (12 bytes of payload), at a rate of 20 packets per second.

What if this test reports a problem: If you are outside of the US, your latency to our servers should naturally be higher. Other conditions may also affect latency, including line noise or a weak wireless signal. If the problem persists, you should contact your ISP to help resolve the issue.

http://n3.netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/info_latency.html

*but over 900ms latency seems very much I live in Sweden and had 120 ms in this test to their servers located as it says in US...

• 271. Re: The Lag!!!!
    jon3sy9
    Network Access Link Properties +

Network performance (?): Latency: 97 ms, Loss: 0.0% +

TCP connection setup latency (?): 100ms +

Background measurement of network health (?): no transient outages +

Network bandwidth (?): Upload 870 Kbit/s, Download 7.9 Mbit/s +

Network buffer measurements (?): Uplink 150 ms, Downlink is good

its not the latency that was the problem with my old router it was the network buffer which was high at 600ms now its 150ms after i changed router and the game plays fine now for me. im not sure if the game fills this buffer but it made a difference for me changing routers.

• 272. Re: The Lag!!!!
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I can't change the router since it's a router/modem that the ISP gave me. I will try and do some buffer float fix but I am not having any lag trouble with the game. 98% of my games were good.

• 273. Re: The Lag!!!!
    Jinx484

Restore_Hardcore wrote:

We we're drinking a few brews and decided to play a few rounds before leaving for the bar and noticed bullets weren't registering the way they should in HC. We then noticed we had red bars in a few matches and my other brother then told us he was uploading his MX footage so we weren't intentionally trying to manipulate anything. Whoever says cod runs better while doing this is lying.

No, No, you're right.  Just because it doesn't happen for you, "whoever says cod runs better while doing this is lying".  Thanks.  Your deductive reasoning skills are astounding.

So nothing can possibly exist if it doesn't affect you or you don't experience it?  So lawyers, medical doctors, scientists, CEOs.. all liars.  Diseases, outer space, 3rd world countries, AIDS, starvation, drug addicts... all made up, all liars.

You are the reason that people with issues aren't taken seriously. 

Do everyone a favor and stop posting on the forums.

• 274. Re: The Lag!!!!
    deamonomic

Jinx484 wrote:

Restore_Hardcore wrote:

We we're drinking a few brews and decided to play a few rounds before leaving for the bar and noticed bullets weren't registering the way they should in HC. We then noticed we had red bars in a few matches and my other brother then told us he was uploading his MX footage so we weren't intentionally trying to manipulate anything. Whoever says cod runs better while doing this is lying.

No, No, you're right.  Just because it doesn't happen for you, "whoever says cod runs better while doing this is lying".  Thanks.  Your deductive reasoning skills are astounding.

So nothing can possibly exist if it doesn't affect you or you don't experience it?  So lawyers, medical doctors, scientists, CEOs.. all liars.  Diseases, outer space, 3rd world countries, AIDS, starvation, drug addicts... all made up, all liars.

alright jinx think ya taking it a lil bit far. There have been numerous people trying to say that intentionally weighing down your internet improves game experience.  Thing is that those who do get that type of situation and set up to "work" for them is probably by them ruining the experience for everyone else in the lobby.  It honestly shouldnt be done and should be a bannable offense, just like lag switching, sure they may not be freezing you but the end result is the exact same situation. They are manipulating connections to gain an advantage. It feels like its better because other players are now having to stuggle with that player who is deliberately destroying their internet.

It has yet to be proven that having a better internet connection causes you to be at a disadvantage let alone that gimping your internet to fix said problem is a good idea. Dont tell others to stop posting on the forums.

Everyone should do everyone else a favor and try to be civil. I try my best (and fail sometimes) to be civil. If I am joking I try to make it known that I was exaggerating or joking around. Comments like that only invite a hate filled response which basically results in the start of a downward spiral in any conversation (and if the conversation is already on the death spiral from orbit, this will hasten its inevitable Impact with that grassy meadow over there)

oh dear god... what word isnt allowed now... BEGIN THE HUNT!... Begining scan for obvious words... None detected... Begining Paragrah deletion!... Deleting Final Paragraph... Posting... Anomaly Detected in Final Paragraph!... Isolating!... Begining the word purge!.... WORD IDENTIFIED!... PURGING! GJ everyone High fives all around

• 275. Re: The Lag!!!!
    maccabi

Erm bit of overkill with analogy dontcha think

• 276. Re: The Lag!!!!
    PerEverto13

For some.one who has been here for 2 years, i would expect more from you...

• 277. Re: The Lag!!!!
    acm2010

Jinx484 wrote:

Restore_Hardcore wrote:

Well that escalated quickly!........

• 278. Re: The Lag!!!!
    Jinx484

Yeah, a little overboard there.  My bad.  Got caught up in the moment. 

I'm just sick of the same arguments going nowhere.  No one is working towards any kind of resolution to the problems.  Just bickering, generalizing, inflating egos, and making assumptions. 

I guess it's just the nature of the COD community and audience... and I suppose it's just time to accept it.

• 279. Re: The Lag!!!!
    ChestSplittah

You remind me of Jinx, do you have a Sister too.

1 26 27 28 29 30 Previous Next