36 Replies Latest reply: May 15, 2013 2:59 AM by dtuchpunk RSS

Why is it assumed?

stonculd

Why do people assume that because you have a low spm tbat you are a camper?  I play the edges of the map tactically,  but usually I am always on the move, but by no means do I camp. Keeping the edge of the map on one side of me just eliminates a side I have to watch, and lets me shoot at the nice meaty center of the map. Sure I will stop and exploit a long site path to get some kills, but usually move on fairly quick because I know tbe people I kill will come looking for revenge.

• Re: Why is it assumed?
    blb128

Depends what gamemode you are playing. If you have a low SPM in TDM it means you either camp, play very passive, or play like you descibe. If you have a low SPM in objective gamemodes that it does mean that you camp and dont play the objective.

Derif85

what is your spm anyways

vims1990

blb128 wrote:

Depends what gamemode you are playing. If you have a low SPM in TDM it means you either camp, play very passive, or play like you descibe. If you have a low SPM in objective gamemodes that it does mean that you camp and dont play the objective.

This.

There's nothing wrong with camping in TDM. I mean the point of TDM is not to die so much compared to objective game modes so I don't blame players for playing more passively.

I play Domination most of the time and my overall SPM is around 420 but the only reason it's so high is due to the fact that there are more ways to obtain a high SPM (i.e objective pursuits and also scorestreaks are pretty easy to achieve in objective game modes).

TheSurgeon83

I play TDM pretty much in the style you have described and have a SPM over 300.

I'll probably pass judgement on a combination of K/D and SPM and I'm usually right.

NoLifeKing29

So many variables are involved in analyzing stats, unfortunately, you provided no details on what your SPM is, how many kills you have, and what game mode you play.

Izjar11

stonculd wrote:

Why do people assume that because you have a low spm tbat you are a camper?  I play the edges of the map tactically,  but usually I am always on the move, but by no means do I camp. Keeping the edge of the map on one side of me just eliminates a side I have to watch, and lets me shoot at the nice meaty center of the map. Sure I will stop and exploit a long site path to get some kills, but usually move on fairly quick because I know tbe people I kill will come looking for revenge.

Without insulting your post: Why do you care what people say? Camp or not, its your choice to play as you desire. F--- what others say.

No matter what you do, you will be called a name anyways,.

stonculd

Oh I was wondering how people thought they could derive someones playstyle from their stats. I don't really care what someone says so much. My spm is around 175-200 and my kd is 1.13 if you think that helps. I only play tdm.

nicedrewishfela

I never assume, I just do the best I can to adapt to whatever your playstyle is and do everything in my power to defeat you.

indy56

I should`nt worry about what other gamers think, its only a game and you can play it how you like, i camp up quite a bit now, i tube and everything else most of them moan about,  i really dont care, i still play for the objectives but try and have fun and mayhem in doing so,lol

I play HC TDM and sometimes rarely HCKC and HCDOM if i feel risky my SPM is like 184 my k/d is .72 I don't camp, I am not passive, and i don't run around like a headless chicken. I play to enjoy the game.

trialstardragon

Becasue if you are not run-n-gunning like a adrenaline monkey or headless chicken you are a camper! If your have a low spm you are a camper because you are moving around too slow. It is there way to defend their petty ego about getting beat by your surperior tactics compared to them moving about more and dieing more.

SquatPainter

Stonculd, it sounds like you and I play similar styles. I couldn't tell you what's in the middle of most maps. I don't sit still and keep on the move constantly. My SPM is 184 and k/d is 1.00. I've tucked in behind cover to reload and had someone pop around the corner and I kill them only to hear them scream "f'ing camper". I don't understand how someone could have fun just tucking in a corner and staring down their sights, but they probably don't understand how I can have fun playing my style. If everyone played the same style, then we would have extremely boring game play. I think that's what makes the COD series fun. The varying play styles make every game different and peaks our interest. Keep playing the way you play and have fun. Like another posted, there will always be those to gripe at you for killing them. I just usually grin and keep rolling the outside of the map and hopefully kill them 8 or 10 more times. Happy gaming.

CurliestRogue0

That amuses me to no end.  I'm somewhere between a run-n-gunner and a cover-creeper (for lack of a better expression haha), but generally speaking I keep my sprint ability on cooldown, if you know what I mean.  So to hear the emo cries of "f'ing camping b!tches" because some idiot didn't check the corner before he sprinted around it into my just-reloaded AN94..well, those are some delicious emo tears.

Lindsay69

Not really sure how "drop shotting" or halo-jumping (as I call it) is taking advantage of an "exploit" in Black Ops II. You have the ability to go to prone, and jump so players are just combining this action while shooting.

If you are shooting low, and your enemy jumps and kills you instead that is just gameplay. That would be like saying throwing a flashbang is an exploit if thrown and used to get around a player and head shot them with a handgun

CurliestRogue0

Are you in the wrong thread?

[derail on]

Dropshotting and halojumping (a term I use as well) aren't exploits, they're just unfortunate game mechanics that deserve a tune-down.  The idea that you can continue to shoot accurately while either diving to the ground or flying through the air around a corner is laughable.  A simple fix would be to greatly reduce ADS accuracy rating and also greatly increase hipfire spread whilst dropping to prone or after jumping.

[/derail off]

trialstardragon

I completely agree with your view on possilbe changes that could be made to them. They will not remove them but they should make them harder to do. A pause between pose changes where the guns stops firing until pose change is completed maybe. Only allow the jumpshotter to fire at the top of the arc, not on the way down or on the way up.

Whether or not you guys like to admit it or not if u have less than like 250 you either semi-camp or just die alot (in TDM) simple math if u have a high k/d like 2.00 and and spm of 180 I would put my life on it sometime in that game when I see that guy he will be sitting in a corner or laying down in the back of his original spawn.....

But play the game how you like its for you to enjoy ppl will always complain either way....I have a spm of 465 on HCTDM and a k/d of 1.67 and ppl complain that I have a "Modded" controller or I hack at times either way ppl will complain about ur play style they just don't like dying.....

Besides I love campers they never move far from where they kill me so I know exactley where too go find and shoot them 8^)  So the best of luck to all of you and hope I see u in a corner soon.....

nflfenatic

Why would you be in a lobby with someone that has a spm of 180.. if your spm is 465.  Thats almost 300 spm difference. Thats like Lebron going to a middle school or elementary school. A smart player at 180 would see you at the top, wait till the timer reaches 0 and picks teams, then leave the game, haveing given you every opportunity to go find a lobby with players at your skill level.

FleurDeLilly

My spm is only 300 but I was the one always Capturing the flag and misssing out on the kills while running the flag back to base.

SPM doesn't mean a thing...

.....Did u not read my thred Fleur???? Was talking about TDM in that it does, not talking objective games in those cases u can have the worst k/d in CoD history but if u play objectives u can win in the lobby boards every game.......I repeat in Team Death Match it matters some what if u like to gauge the other players u kinda can when u like at BOTH k/d and spm in TEAM DEATH MATCH....

deamonomic

jamesesau wrote:

.....Did u not read my thred Fleur???? Was talking about TDM in that it does, not talking objective games in those cases u can have the worst k/d in CoD history but if u play objectives u can win in the lobby boards every game.......I repeat in Team Death Match it matters some what if u like to gauge the other players u kinda can when u like at BOTH k/d and spm in TEAM DEATH MATCH....

My opinion on the slayer vs objective play argument is thus... they cant defuse if they are all dead.

STYLEmaster

diversity of gameplay is what makes a lobby fun. i use whatever tactic will work to my advantage at any given moment personally i run and gun, conatantly pressing the enemy. on MW3 i was a LMG camper. i like to have at least one camper on my team as a guardian angel. but i will say this: A TEAM OF CAMPERS RUINS THE FUN.

dtuchpunk

low spm on it self says nothing.

The combination of spm, kd, lw playstyle, game mode and time played can a bit. But then again, it can say nothing. My kd dropped a first than raised agian when going for gold with 3 lmg's. And spm dropped also, because I didn't have alot of time to collect tags. (play kc only)