1 25 26 27 28 29 Previous Next 382 Replies Latest reply: May 19, 2013 5:41 AM by frtthunderpants Go to original post Branched to a new discussion. RSS
  • 260. Re: The Lag!!!!
    deamonomic

    mdub wrote:

     

    Restore_Hardcore wrote:

     

    Played at my bros house last night and lagged bad. "I'm uploading a video", he said. Half the community would blame Vahn for this and that's the sad truth.

    I would say that while you are definately right..... you are also wrong. People that do this.... should be kicked. It's time to start filtering these scenarios out of the game.

     

    Just sayin.

     

    do you mean actually getting down to deciding whats proof and whats not? XD thats a box most dont want opened. Im sorry but I see it constantly happening, lag comp is the source of all evil in the known universe according to most.

     

    last night I was playing a game of League champions, masters on both teams. other team had 1 2 bar player. imediatly 2 of the random masters on my team spout off that the other team has an advantage because of "lag comp". 2 bar guy does poorly but my team still gets trashed thanks to superior team work on the other teams side. and all my teammates can do instead of getting their act together is blame lag comp.

     

    In more then a few of my daily games I see a teammate die and claim to be a victim of "lag comp insta-death", when what really happened is that he was still injured from a previous fight.

     

    people try to say that the host has a bullet registration delay but really its something everyone has to deal with, and in most cases the host has LESS of a delay on average. this is the same reason people die around corners, something also blamed on lag comp.

     

     

     

    I also wanted  to say something as far as "trolling and being rude" goes on these forums. If telling someone that they do not know what they are talking about is rude and deserving of a ban, then everyone here deserves a ban. We deserve a ban for telling you guys your wrong. you guys deserve a ban for telling us were wrong, and for telling the developers that they dont know how to do their chosen profession... and for calling them liars.

     

    the entire lag comp argument is based on the theory that the devs are lying to us all and are incompetent.

     

    so if we want to get into a banning war im sure activision will happily ban us all.

  • 261. Re: The Lag!!!!
    Hamster123

    The answer to lag is plain and simple, if they sell 2 million copies of the next game Ghost they will try to fix it, if they sell 22 million copies they wont.

  • 262. Re: The Lag!!!!
    jon3sy9

    i seem to have fixed my lag by swapping my router that was a few  years old for a new one. i ran the NETALYZER network check thing and on  my old router it said i had 600ms of upload latency so change router  and now its 150ms and the game feels ok again. routers do burn out after  time try NETALYZER and see if your suffering from buffer bloat or  whatever its called. might help

  • 263. Re: The Lag!!!!
    vims1990

    CallOfDutyPlayer01 wrote:

     

    a pro has complained about the lag, Ali-A has...

     

    Ali-A's a pro? The kid makes YouTube $$$ re-uploading trailers on the internet lol

    Also, most YouTubers are NOT pro players, they just stomp on "Timmy No Thumbs" for high e-peen gameplays.

     

    Back on topic.....

     

    Just like any lag discussion here, it going nowhere. There's really no right or wrong answer to the connectivity because it's a different experience amongst all of us.

     

    The same applies to hosting as players have experienced hosting as an advantage and on the other hand, players feel they're at a disadvantage. I've witnessed the host dominate in matches and also seen multiple host migrations and dashboards.

     

    All I can say is that connectivity will always be inconsistant regardless of how experienced you are in the game and that we all experience the same bs.

  • 264. Re: The Lag!!!!
    Jinx484

    mdub wrote:

     

    Restore_Hardcore wrote:

     

    Played at my bros house last night and lagged bad. "I'm uploading a video", he said. Half the community would blame Vahn for this and that's the sad truth.

    I would say that while you are definately right..... you are also wrong. People that do this.... should be kicked. It's time to start filtering these scenarios out of the game.

     

    Just sayin.

     

    Well the basic problem for all of you who actually think that 1 in 3 people is artificially bogging down their line and everyone who plays COD is suffering.. is that when you do that, you have a better gaming experience!!

     

    Now logic dictates that a worse connection should equal a worse gaming experience.

     

    Not to mention that according to most, it takes little to no bandwidth to run the game - and I don't see how downloading a video could actually be a detriment to your cod connection.

     

    It's the Call of Duty game developers fault for producing a game with such a broken networking code that you get good results from manipulating your connection.  I've been saying this since before this game came out.  If they don't produce a game that you can fairly play, I can't blame them for taking the situation into their own hands.

     

    And if manipulating your connection didn't work, people wouldn't be doing it.  So you can't have it both ways.  Either people don't do it because it doesn't work - or it does work and it shouldn't be working.

  • 265. Re: The Lag!!!!
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

    jon3sy9 wrote:

     

    i seem to have fixed my lag by swapping my router that was a few  years old for a new one. i ran the NETALYZER network check thing and on  my old router it said i had 600ms of upload latency so change router  and now its 150ms and the game feels ok again. routers do burn out after  time try NETALYZER and see if your suffering from buffer bloat or  whatever its called. might help

     

    http://netalyzr.icsi.berkeley.edu/index.html

     

    I just ran Netalyzr. Mine says I have an uplink buffer of 960ms. I'm quite puzzled at this. The game runs perfectly fine for me and I'm currently not experiencing any issues. Anyone out there who's well versed on this matter kind enough to enlighten me?

  • 266. Re: The Lag!!!!
    ChestSplittah

    You have a crap connection. .. thanks for posting.

  • 267. Re: The Lag!!!!
    Syphonzz

    You could have a 1 bar in mw2 and bullets would register. You have a 4 bar in this game bullets wont register until your next clip, what logic is that? This game is garbage, need to stop planning on their next game and just take some dam simple notes from infinity ward. Absolutely embarrasing owning this game on how much of a disgrace this is. Dont even worry about zombies if the gameplay is going to be that incredibly bad.

  • 268. Re: The Lag!!!!
    deamonomic

    Syphonzz wrote:

     

    You could have a 1 bar in mw2 and bullets would register. You have a 4 bar in this game bullets wont register until your next clip, what logic is that? This game is garbage, need to stop planning on their next game and just take some dam simple notes from infinity ward. Absolutely embarrasing owning this game on how much of a disgrace this is. Dont even worry about zombies if the gameplay is going to be that incredibly bad.

    wow... I never saw that happen. not once. and I played a fair portion of MW2 on a 2 bar. there was always a delay just like there is now.

  • 269. Re: The Lag!!!!
    Restore_Hardcore

    We we're drinking a few brews and decided to play a few rounds before leaving for the bar and noticed bullets weren't registering the way they should in HC. We then noticed we had red bars in a few matches and my other brother then told us he was uploading his MX footage so we weren't intentionally trying to manipulate anything. Whoever says cod runs better while doing this is lying.

1 25 26 27 28 29 Previous Next