31 Replies Latest reply: May 13, 2013 7:53 PM by stonculd RSS

A more usefull camo unlock.

stonculd

Ok so I personally have never seen this issue addressed on these forums although I am sure it very well may have been. I has to do with when choosing perk 1, and the appearance your avatar takes on. Wouldn't it seem to make more sense to have camo unlocks for the avatars as opposed to the weapons? Weapon camo is pretty useless, but I have seen players utilize the camouflage their avatar is dawning in game. Ghillie suits are the most obvious , but wouldn't it be great as an extra thing to take into consideration when setting up a class?  Personally I don't even bother with weapon camo it serves no purpose to me, there are already challenges for weapons to unlock attachments so camo challenges seems redundant to me. What do you guys think? Do you use cover in game, and try to blend in? Do you use dark areas on maps to hide? Have you and a friend had sessions just to find backdrops that make it hard to see your avatar? I would love to see avatar camo unlocks and customizations. I know this will not happen in this game, but maybe future COD's. 3D camo, basic bdu's, different camoflage for differenteenvironments, maybe even thermal camo that protects you from infrared? 

• Re: A more usefull camo unlock.
    stonculd

Sorry about grammatical errors, posting from my phone.

Hack1nt0sh

Carbon fiber and Kryptec Typhon are the most stealthy camos IMO. Diamond/Gold really makes you stick out.

I think it would be more realistic to have like a snow camo and play on downhill or like the sand camo on mirage would be nice but then you know people would complain about campers.

rankismet

stonculd wrote:

Ok so I personally have never seen this issue addressed on these forums although I am sure it very well may have been. I has to do with when choosing perk 1, and the appearance your avatar takes on. Wouldn't it seem to make more sense to have camo unlocks for the avatars as opposed to the weapons? Weapon camo is pretty useless, but I have seen players utilize the camouflage their avatar is dawning in game. Ghillie suits are the most obvious , but wouldn't it be great as an extra thing to take into consideration when setting up a class?  Personally I don't even bother with weapon camo it serves no purpose to me, there are already challenges for weapons to unlock attachments so camo challenges seems redundant to me. What do you guys think? Do you use cover in game, and try to blend in? Do you use dark areas on maps to hide? Have you and a friend had sessions just to find backdrops that make it hard to see your avatar? I would love to see avatar camo unlocks and customizations. I know this will not happen in this game, but maybe future COD's. 3D camo, basic bdu's, different camoflage for differenteenvironments, maybe even thermal camo that protects you from infrared? 

... sigh.

stonculd

What are you trying to tell me? Search these words? Thanks for the elaborate response. Why did you feel the need to post at all genius?

rankismet

aww... someone has a case of the Mondays.

Buck up, champ.

darkday

because we understood him, if he wanted to play Barbie Dress up he would have borrowed your daughters Dream House.  We are here to shoot people in the face and too many options are redundant and rediculous. KISS principle in full effect.

stonculd

Well with the lame new "bling" weapon camo everyone seems to be swooning over, I would say that's a bad observation. I think a functional unlock would prove to be more usefull than hello kitty print on our weapons. Nice try though.

Dont forget BACON! Ohhh gotta have that Bacon camo! TBH Worst idea ever imo. Bacon camo? wow....smh

darkday

this game and truthfully all the COD fit somewhere between Arcade Shooter and Tactical Shooter, if I am honest more closely to the Arcade side for my liking but that is beside the point.  For the average player the thought and care that it takes to match the camo that the avatar is wearing to the map being played and the style of play (haha for the average player the style of play is "Headless Chicken") is way beyond them and would put them at a drastic disadvantage (COD franchise has shown so far that it is unwilling to offer microtransactions that would give someone paying real life money for in game goods a tactical advantage.  So back to it then while the Gun Bling does allow people to express who they are if they so choose it does not give an advantage or really a disadvantage over any other player. 

stonculd

Well if you look back at the jungle map from black ops, the viet cong had a huge disadvantage on that map due to preassigned camo.if you remeber they were all in that tan that clashed with the map enviornmnet.  Same goes for sub base in MW2, iff you weren't the ssal team you stuck out like a sore thumb. Just saying it would be nice to have the choice.  It's something that already exists in the game only it's on weapons instead of the avatars. Btw I would never want to see some of the garish crap camo they put out on a avatar. Some clown running around in diamond bedazzled bdu's would just tear it for me. I would have to give up COD over that.

Made me think of this when reading that post lol

darkday

yes there are some cases of a disadvantage due to the astetic nature of some of the uniforms (some what historic) in past COD games and possibly in this one at times.  Yet there is not anything to my knowledge that you can purchase in the game that would give you an advantage over someone who did not make the same purchase.  At this point they have shown that they are unwilling to provide at a price something that would give someone a tactical advantage.  Paying money for high end score streaks per use, or camo, or extra guns, or equipment or the like.

Couldnt you customize your avatar in bo1?

Havent played it in awhile, but that was one of my favorite things in the game.

They should definatly bring that back.

nicedrewishfela

They give you weapon camo.. because you can see your weapon in game. Can't see your character.

If you want to play hide and go seek, go on ahead and do it. We don't need players laying in corners blending into the environment.

stonculd

I don't camp, but I don't care if others want to. I just think it would add a interesting challenge to the game. This is why camouflage was invented after all, so people would blend into their environment, why not make it a customizable core game mechanic? Instead we all get to look the same.