8 Replies Latest reply: May 9, 2013 8:53 PM by stonculd Branched to a new discussion. RSS

M8A1

stonculd

So I finally got this weapon and I am impressed.  Loving the burst mode. This thing is like the G11, which I was my favorite weapon in Black Ops. Now my K/D is climbing a lot quicker.  What do you guys think of this weapon?

• Re: M8A1
    TheSurgeon83

It's the best AR in HC I reckon, had a Nuclear with it, though I've overused it and turned to the SCAR with select fire and I've been doing really well with that (31-1, 29-1 etc HCTDM).

I want to cry when I see someone ruin it with select fire, what attachments do you use?

GetDef

The Scar w/ select (+stock) is what I've got too, love it so much...EVERYONE SHOULD TRY IT.

stonculd

Either quick grip and fastmag, or forgrip and extended mag. I just opened up select fire, and I play around with it, but I got a bit of a heavy trigger finger, so burst fire helps me keep in contrl better.

TheSurgeon83

I really don't think you need grip, it's got hardly any recoil in burst fire as it is. Adjustable stock is a must for me on all the ARs, being able to strafe helps to beat SMGs in CQC.

stonculd

It may not have much recoil, but I am finding more hitboxes with forgrip at longer ranges. Works for me. I had a lot of wtf moments before I started using it.  The quick grip helps with ads in close quarters, beings on how I am not much of a hipfire guy. For grip and extended mag I use on the bigger maps, and quick draw, and fastmag on little maps.

GetDef

Yes, it's a great weap. Mine is setup w/ stock & reflex sight (diamond reticle)...had it setup w/ select fire & stock but it ate bullets, and I didn't want to use scavenger so I dropped that setup.

Also, does anyone know why it takes two bursts for the M8A1 to get a headshot? Four bullets per burst, so eight seems like WAY too many for a headshot.

GoldenFAL

I enjoyed using the M8A1, it was my last AR to use before diamond. I loved using it and by far was the quickest to get headshot challenge, it was also one of the easier guns to get my bloodthirstys done. I also had times where the M8A1 would give me that G11 feel but the G11 had more power and was only 3 burst instead of the M8's 4 burst.  I hated it when the game was released but when I had to use it I loved it.

nicedrewishfela

It's a good weapon. It was wildly inconsistent for me at first, but once you learn to control the bursts and really crank that thing up it just tears through enemies.

I wouldn't recommend Select Fire, however. In HC I get nothing but hitmarkers when I use it. Better off rapid firing the trigger.