31 Replies Latest reply: May 7, 2013 11:46 AM by Foxhound-Pro RSS

Who's JeepChick

PRiDE

Who is JeepChick and how does he have so much power? And what was wrong with our topic about explain BLOPS2 in 3 words? Sorry, not used to the forums yet.

• Re: Who's JeepChick
    HaitianCreation

She's a moderater, she has locking and banning power and can delete threads and what not. I think she was saying it got locked because you can't discuss something in three words.

TheBeastlyDude

First, she's a girl and she is just a moderator on the forums. Respect her and she will respect you back.

jeepchick

I replied to your 3 words post with the reason why it was being locked. Here's some links on Moderators and Spam.

Cupcake, yes you can open a discussion with a moderator via PM if you would like to talk about moderator actions. Just pop me a PM. (Linky in the sig.)

Claire JeepChick | Forum Moderator: Black Ops II
    Questions/Concerns/Quibbles/Comments? Send me a PM

zvers

"Cupcake"

LMAO! Great word choice!

PRiDE

Hello JeepChick, since you're a moderator, what do you personally think Ghost is? A more suitable COD than MW4? A more secure COD against hacking? QS is back? TF is gone? Is it in the future again? If you don't want to answer because of policies, then I'm okay with that. Thanks!

jeepchick

I can't (and don't see how anyone could) forum an opinion about a future game we know pretty much nothing about. Can't base my opinion off of a teaser trailer.   That being said I'm excited about the next title.

PS - Moving to Offtopic.

Claire

WhatzHisName

It was a good thread. You had no reason to touch it. You are supposed to be a moderator not a person who gets to pick and choose what topics get discussed. We the community should be able to decide what we want to discuss, if it is crap we won't talk about, or guys like Lzjar, G and so on will call the BS. You should only remove stuff if it is a personal attack, racist, ect.  Let us talk about we want, if its [REMOVED BY MODERATOR], no one will contrubute to the discussion

jeepchick

I think we totally agree, the difference is it wasn't the topic that was the issue, it was the restriction on words. One poster in this thread mentioned wanting to discuss the merits of that threads format. I am open to discuss that via PM.

That being said, if it was a discussion with no restrictions it still would have been locked because we have tons of threads on the same topic.

And lastly, using a work around for the word filter so you can use profanity in your post is not okay.

If you have other questions, please send me a PM.

Thanks,

Claire JeepChick

WhatzHisName

if you stopped it because you think asking for 3 words was a problem, that ridiculous. Pretty sure everyone understood it was thread for quick and witty replies. Once again if people didn't like the thread they wouldn't contribute, that should be our choice, not yours. Also if you really can't handle or are offended by a synonym for the word crap i feel bad for you. almost every thread contains multiple examples of profanity, and you choose to bring up this one, being used in this context. Wow, is all i can say, hope you put your helmet on b4 you leave the house

Foxhound-Pro

WhatzHisName wrote:

if you stopped it because you think asking for 3 words was a problem, that ridiculous. Pretty sure everyone understood it was thread for quick and witty replies. Once again if people didn't like the thread they wouldn't contribute, that should be our choice, not yours. Also if you really can't handle or are offended by a synonym for the word crap i feel bad for you. almost every thread contains multiple examples of profanity, and you choose to bring up this one, being used in this context. Wow, is all i can say, hope you put your helmet on b4 you leave the house

At the end of the day the thread was not constructive. I agree with her reasons to lock it.

Contrary to popular belief, we moderators reserve the right to remove, edit, or delete anything and everything posted by the community in our sole discretion. We attempt to let discussion happen naturally, but some things simply do not mesh well or do not belong. We outline this in our Black Ops 2 Community Etiquette & Guidelines.

While we can see the "fun" in the thread, we find it's nature to be that of spam. We prefer and would like our community to engage in proper discussion at length.

I'm locking this thread.

Foxhound-Pro | Chief Forum Moderator

Black Ops, Modern Warfare 3, & Black Ops II

WolfRidge

In my opinion, when you're in someone elses house you play by their rules.  If you don't know the rules they are available.

You don't have to agree with them but we have to follow them.

Without some sort of Moderation these forums would be chaos.

I agree being your own Boss is much better

ProfessionalPoster

She's the woman Foxhound keeps locked in his basement...