5 Replies Latest reply: May 6, 2013 1:59 PM by malditor RSS

peacekeeper is underpowered

VoteEvil

i do read that people is saying that the peacekeeper is overpowered.. but its not!

its an awesome weapon in hardcore matches, but in regular core matches it really do suck!

the ones that has the gun know what im talking about, the range is awesome but the dmg really sucks..

we have paid to get the maps and the gun so i think that even that the range is so good, it should have a bit more dmg to, cause a face to face combat in core im down 8 times out of 10.

and you people that doesnt think im right, please type it friendly and not like some small kids, its and open discussion.

Many thanks

VoteEvil

• Re: peacekeeper is underpowered
    slap1i

Whenever I use the Peacekeeper, I have to use Rapid Fire because I feel like it's ROF too slow otherwise.  If it was rapid fire out of the box, it might be OP then.  I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's currently underpowered though.

adw1983

The low damage of the Vector

The low rate of fire of the MSMC

The range crossed between that of PDW57 and the M27 -- BUT with the Aim Down Sights time of the M27 too.

It's recoil is like a hybridization of MSMC and M27, too: a bit random and upwards.

It's practically as good as M27, which is underpowered.

All the SMGs are better on short range.

Vector, Skorpion EVO, Chicom CQB all outperform the Peacekeeper on all ranges with ease.

Any assault rifle bar the M27 is better on short range, medium range AND long range.

While moving faster IS an advantage, it's only really an advantage for a weapon that can kill reliably within it's intended range.

Peacekeeper is not good on short range, and is obliterated by all the assault rifles on medium range, while not performing well versus SMG users either, not being able to kill them unless they WANT to be killed (if they don't move).

Izjar11

VoteEvil wrote:

i do read that people is saying that the peacekeeper is overpowered.. but its not!

its an awesome weapon in hardcore matches, but in regular core matches it really do suck!

Many thanks

VoteEvil

I play only core mode and use it with no issue. Problem is probably when you switch from HC to core. Doesn't suck when I use it...

phxs72

I don't have any trouble using it in Core.  You do have to go for mid range gunfights though.  Up close takes some skill and luck to win with it.  Long range will work but you will be somewhat disadvantaged against ARs and LMGs.  I just use it's speed to get into mid range and then let it do its thing.

malditor

While I don't do well with it, I see others do well with it often enough to know that it's not underpowered. I just accept that I'm not going to do well with every weapon.