23 Replies Latest reply: May 3, 2013 12:18 PM by Restore_Hardcore RSS

another reason this game is lolz

sneed867

was playing HC dom last night with 2 friends. hijacked, we are winning like 180-110, something like that, just dominating them. host dashboards, it sits at migrating host for a long time, then goes to the hijacked loading screen and what not...when we enter back in, the 3 of us are on the losing team now, both teams are completly full as well. so it boots 3 people from the losing team, replaces them with our group from the winning team, joins 3 new randoms into the winning team in our spot, and we take a loss.....grats Treyarch, game well developed!

all our scores and kills/deaths were also reset like we had just entered the game

• Re: another reason this game is lolz
    Rednecksniper39

Blame that one on the host that left (couldn't have dashboarded or the game would have ended.) There is a lot of information that has to be transferred during a host migration and it can cause problems.

sneed867

blame the host? lol....no, blame the developers for having this be an option when hosts leave. just went and ****** up the teams...shouldnt

even be an option to get moved teams what so ever

more and more i read your comments on here, you either work for 3arc/activision, or service their company on lunch breaks

Rednecksniper39

And the ignorance shows.

sneed867

all you do on these forums is back up every single stupid bass ackwards thing that happens in BO2.

how can you possibly stand up for this game over things like this occuring when a host leaves the game? how about they go and fix this by not letting randoms host and get dedicated servers?

Rednecksniper39

That is the only things that dedicated servers would fix really. I wasn't standing up for anything I was just telling you to blame the right people.

sneed867

would also fix lag comp, so people with better than average internet...you know, like the majority of online gamers, wouldnt have as much lag

and i was blaming the right people. for this to happen isnt he hosts fault for leaving, it would be the developers for allowing the switching of teams because of a quitter.

Rednecksniper39

You know this for a fact or your just guessing? It would do nothing other then fix host migrations.

As I said there is a lot of infomation that gets transferred during a host migration. It is not like a dev from Treyarch was watching your game and physically moved you to the other team. It was an unfortunate accident.

sneed867

i know this for a fact, have you played BF3? doesnt look like it

a lot of information does get transferred during a migration. sure it was unfortunate. im just pointing out that the game continues to take a turn for the worse. reverting spawns because the new ones were even worse than before, contant lag problems from day 1. lag comp is a joke, hit detection is also a joke, mainly due to terrible lag comp....list goes on

but you think dedicated servers would just fix host migrations...lol

Rednecksniper39

sneed867 wrote:

i know this for a fact, have you played BF3? doesnt look like it

.Different game, different company, and it has problems of it's own. If it was so great it would be less played every month then BO 2, Minecraft, Halo 4, MW3, FIFA, and NBA 2k13

FalconR6

BF3 is a lot slower in movement and takes a lot longer to kill ; hence it hard to compare BF3 with BO2 when it comes to lag. Any amount of latency is going to be noticed more in BO2 because its so quick.

sneed867

i agree BF3 is a lot slower, which is why imo, its a much better game. BO2 is too fast, they watned to make it that way, why do you think the DLC spells out RUSH? its stupid, they wanted a fast game and cant even deliever on proper latency issues.

BF3 is played less because all the kiddies love rushing with SMGs getting 40 kills in 10 minutes. thats not realistic. i really do enjoy the COD franchise, but the last few games they came otu with seems like the Blitz tried to do to the NFL, sure it can be fun for a while...but eventually you just need to go back to how it was, slow things down, make it realistic, and fix latency issues along the way.

instead of fixing issues, they just want the game to be faster, which can never happen if they cant get it to run properly in the first place

Schoat333

If the host dashboarded, you wouldn't migrate hosts.

From the sound of your description, that game ended, and you were dumped into the middle of a different game, were people had dashboareded or left.

Sucks, but thats what happens when these tools leave a game.

sneed867

so we were dumped into a game with all the same players?....trust me, i know it wasnt a different game, the rest of the lobby was the same, minus the 3 new players that were put into out spot on the winning team

so the host didnt dashboarded, he just left, anyway, shoudlnt have been put onto the losing team at all. more random stupid **** from treyarch, not surprised at this point i guess

CR4IG

This is a rare glitch and its been around since MW3 (maybe earlier but so rare I never saw it), the time on MW3 my brother was close to a MOAB, host migrated and it reset him back to zero as if he had just joined the game and happened yesterday with another one of my friends, host migration, back to zero and on the other team, was like wtf.

riksterinto

I've seen this happen before twice on Ground War.  Both times the other team was spawn killing the team I was stuck on.

When it flipped over and they were on the losing team they got so mad.  It was quite funny. 

It might be a glitch when too many people quit at the same time and then there aren't enough people to balance the game so the teams re-shuffle.

wtcwarrior

It happens man, u just said like half of one team was gone, and they replaced them with new people, and then they put u on the losing team with 3 new people....so you reconized.....3 people.....besides the 2 + U that were playing before, Yeah sounds like the game just tossed you 6 into a new game and split the teams differently. I've left a lobby, waited and went to find a game only to find myself in that same lobby! Which is funny but it happens. Blame the Dev's? Lol Oh its not the quitters fault, its the dev's for allowing it to happen!

Don't blame the shooters, blame the gun companies for making the guns......lmfao

NoLifeKing29

Just another sneed thread, nothing to see here.

Restore_Hardcore

I'll call the police, don't worry bro!