40 Replies Latest reply: May 1, 2013 4:55 PM by SymbioticMenace RSS

flak jacket!

razzy

PLEASE just reduce the over-poweredness of flak jacket because me and my friends have been struggling with trying to get C4 kills whilst people have been using blast shield and it is very annoying!

• Re: flak jacket!
    iivrruummii

I think they should buff it because I still die by claymores and other explosives in HC with Flak Jacket equiped.

get2dachoperrrr

If they did that then we'd have to deal with the flock of people who come here to complain about not having flak jacket.

SitRepPro

That's its job.  There's nothing wrong with it.

Joco3000

Try playing TDM. Flak Jacket is near vital in objective modes like Domination and Hardpoint because of C4 and other lethals.

amathyx

no

it's not overpowered just because you can't insta-gib with c4 every throw

razzy

I Threw it at him and got the hitmarker but still it didnt kill him!

the_fallen_pariah

Well yeah, you can hit someone wearing Flak Jacket in the face with C4, Rpg, and Frag etc and it's not going to kill them because FJ caps explosive damage at 75 which serves the purpose of not getting one hit killed by explosives.

vims1990

Flak Jacket in BO2 is nowhere near as good as Flak Jacket in BO.

Stop relying on explosives to get you kills, use bullets.

darkrangeresp

Flak jacket doesn't cap explosive damage.  I reduces the amount you take by 65% across the board.  So for an explosive to kill somebody with flak jacket it has to do 300+ damage.  Explosives deal two types of damage, impact damage and radial damage.  Flak Jacket only protects against raidal damage and not impact damage. This is why crossbows, syntax grenades and the launchers can kill a flak jacket user with a direct impact to the body.  Since c4, clamores and bouncing betties don't do impact damage they will never kill a flack jacket user at full health.  I would get used to it this perk is not going to get nerfed, too many people like it the way it is.

eegregory

My only problem with flack jacket is the fact that a freaking huge hellstorm missle the size a damn house cant kill me but that damn plane the size of a kite can? wtf. btw i have no problem getting kills with c4, you cant use one just one thing to get you kills, you need a combination of half a brain, good aim(with a gun) and knowing where the enemy is coming from and tossing explosives there.

moosedy

FLAK JACKET?? NOTHING IS WRONG WITH FLAK JACKET. WHAT'S WRONG IS THE KAP40 AND THE FAL.

eegregory

My only problem with flack jacket is the fact that a freaking huge hellstorm missle the size a darn house cant kill me but that stupid plane the size of a kite can? wtf. btw i have no problem getting kills with c4, you cant use one just one thing to get you kills, you need a combination of half a brain, good aim(with a gun) and knowing where the enemy is coming from and tossing explosives there.

Also it takes a whole point from my pick 10 system. Is taking less explosive damage not equivalent to lets say being able to see equipment, or staying off the minimap, or heck even having a secondary weapon???

rustygun

Flack jacket sucks. Its for players that enjoyed juggernaut...or should i say...invinsibility! all of us true cod enthusiasts hate it for all the right reasons, it spoils the flow of the game. its bad enough with lag never mind makin it harder to kill someone. yes i can use it, but its still hard for me to kill someone else. if people like having to throw two grenades instead of one go play gears of war or halo.

SitRepPro

And Stopping Power was for noobs who lacked gunskill then.

crzyhorse722

The reason I use FJ is for HC Search on maps like Slums where if you dont camp the spawns, you get spammed by a deluge of explosives coming over the walls.  FJ at least gives me a chance to make it to the other side. 

amathyx

flak jacket is the only reason this game is worth playing

any player that is actually decent would realize that there shouldn't be this many explosives in the game to begin with

it's only hard to kill people if you literally have no hands

FalconR6

Tip : When you get your first tax bill don't ask your accountant to 'nerf' it.

#strategy might need a buff

otisman666

Really?  People have an issue that it is harder to get cheap kills these days.  I am fairly sure bullets still work the same on the Flak Jak guys as they do on everyone else.

Still lots of people playing MW2 if that is what you are looking for and you can still use OMA or scavenger in that game to refil your explosives!

hudder92

What's the most common perk 1 slot setup? What I see most is either Lightweight/Ghost.. Lightweight/hardline, or Ghost/Hardline..

I see maybe two enemies per game running flack jacket.  And that is a huge maybe. I rarely run into any problems killing people with C4.

People are more concerned with either staying off the radar, being harder to hit, or earning kill streaks sooner.

blb128

First flak jacket in this game is no were near as good as the one from BO1. Second I dont want this game to turn into MW2 again where explosives dominated the game with no decent counter. Flak jacket is fine.

SymbioticMenace

Flak Jacket isn't overpowered. If you can't kill somebody using Flak Jacket with a C4 then it's doing its job. That's the point of the bloody perk.