31 Replies Latest reply: Apr 30, 2013 7:24 PM by moosedy RSS

Detailed list of things in MP which I would like to see in the next gameplay balancing update.

Getting flanked: I know a lot of ppl will disagree with this, but everytime i engage in a gun fight with someone, it seems like 1 second later I am being sprayed down from the side by 1-2 enemies who are spawning too close to me. However well I traverse the map, this problem always persists for me, especially when playing solo. This is deffinately to do with the map design, being too small with too many flank routes to take, practically eliminating any form of tactical play.

Lightweight: If there was anything IW/SHG did right in their god awful game MW3, it was removing leightweight and tuning run-speed relative to the guns. SMG's + Shotguns already move fast enough, they should not be able to benefit from another universal 7% + movement speed.

I also firmly believe that speed enhancing perks, such as Lightweight & Dexterity should not be implemented into this CoD generation at all, until they can produce a consistent online connection situation. These perks are esentially making it harder for people with worse connections  and (100+ ping) to hit their targets, as they are having to deal with 100 millisecond character delays on top of them running faster. UNFAIR.

In terms of dexterity, I believe, like lightweight, that the effect should be subject to the weapon, not just a univeral buff across the board. Don't you ******* hate it when you find yourself putting 5-6 rounds into a guy, and then insta-dying before he even raises his gun from sprint!

Shotguns: To put this simply, I want the raise recovery after sprint to take longer with dexterity.

Snipers: --> zomg the DSR.50... That gun...is total bullshit. NERF: ohk only from chest up, longer recocking time, reduced hip-fire accuracy, slower movement speed.

Grip: 5% recoil reduction as opposed to a measly unnoticable to the human eye 2%.

Updated in patch:TDM150, bravo Treyarch The common one, #tdm125 #ffa120. Tdm and Ffa needs this. A UAV is still 3 kills, and the high-end streaks more attainable (w/hardline)... the swarm being 13 kills which i believe is fair for tdm. With all the crazy spawning in BLOPS 2 you'd be lucky to string together a 10 KS.

Hardwired/EMPnades: they need to sort this out. The emp grenades are annoying as ****, but hardwired is just not good enough to warrent using in competitive. This is because Toughness dominates the tier 2 perk slot as they gave all the guns SO much flinch by default. I hate this.

You either nerf the time + slash radius and EMP does, or you find some way to BUFF hardwired.

Talking of Toughness: I would not ask 3arc to nerf it, it is a useful perk, but I want to see all non-snipers see a reduced flinch when shot, by a significant amount, Toughness should be a sharpshooters tool only, making only a slight difference. At the moment, this perk takes away from the variety of the perk selection in tier 2, and i really hope 3arc does something about this.

• Re: Detailed list of things in MP which I would like to see in the next gameplay balancing update.
    burntt0ad

The only thing i can agree on is the EMP grenades. I mean the explosion radius is way too high on them. When ever i run around the map and someone throws an EMP it somehow hits me. I can guarantee that i was probably 15-20 feet away from that explosion too. Plus they take equipment out through walls from 15-20 feet away. It's 100% BS. Now i'm not saying make them useless but they need have have their radius toned down slightly.

• Re: Detailed list of things in MP which I would like to see in the next gameplay balancing update.
    smileybob93

All I want is the xbow and ballistic knife to not show up on radar, a spring action and the thrum of a bowstring cannot be noticed with all the other sounds of war

the_fallen_pariah

Getting flanked: You need more awareness of your location. If you keep getting flanked it's your play style and nothing can compensate for it.

Lightweight: It's fine and no it does not make it hard for higher pings to hit their target. I know everyone has been killed by the magic bullets.

Dexterity and SGs: Just no... If the time to shoot is increased for shotguns it will make them near useless in their effective range.

Sniper rifles: DSR really? If any sniper needs something done to it hands down goes to the SVU.

Grip: A lot of the guns already have limited recoil so the grip really isn't needed. Such guns as the Skorpion, MSMC, and PDW-57 don't hold the trigger down and burst fire a simple solution.

EMP: This is by far the most useful tactical now since the introduction of Shock Charges even Engineer can't get past sprinting. Maybe a slight range reduction but it would be too easy to make it useless. As far as the duration on players it could use a time reduction.

Toughness: I do agree a lot with this.

nicedrewishfela

The only one I want to address is this insane push to up the score per kill in TDM.

It is so completely unnecessary. I like that it is primarily a gun on gun mode. When I see high end kilstreaks... I know they were earned.

Besides, the ONLY objective in TDM is to get kills... so... Why shouldn't it be harder to obtain High End killstreaks which could make a huge difference in the outcome?

GoldenFAL

I kinda agree and disagree with mostly all things mentioned by OP.

1. Getting flanked- it's a team game use a mic and operate with teammates to clear spawn trapping

2. Lightweight is fine but I do see your point on lag runners and with a some lag runners can out run our bullets so I kinda agree with that but it's the Internet with 1/4 of a million players online at times

3. Shotguns and snipers - I use neither one so I can't explain this issue with their guns and set up, but I give my respect to snipers because I can't snipe worth a darn so I give credit. I wouldn't make the shotgun fan base mad by messing with their weapons.

4. Emp nades/ Hardline-  Agree 100% you my friend hit it right on the nose. WTF I run Hardline and emp still effects me? 3arc are you kidding me I'm running this perk for nothing!

Finally I can NOT stand to flinch so I can NOT play without TOUGHNESS. I hate the flinch more than TF's

Restore_Hardcore

Getting flanked is the result of teams not knowing how to hold down their area. What do you expect when everyone rushes from one side of the map to the other? Good teams lockdown areas, call it camping or strategy but it works.

azn_chic

Sunjayroy wrote:

Getting flanked: I know a lot of ppl will disagree with this, but everytime i engage in a gun fight with someone, it seems like 1 second later I am being sprayed down from the side by 1-2 enemies who are spawning too close to me. However well I traverse the map, this problem always persists for me, especially when playing solo. This is deffinately to do with the map design, being too small with too many flank routes to take, practically eliminating any form of tactical play.

What you're describing is not really the enemy being able to flank you, it sounds like you are describing the bad spawn mechanic. Flanking would mean that they navigated through the map to get behind you and kill you. But what you said in your OP is that you are "being sprayed down from the side by 1-2 enemies who are spawning too close to" you, that's not flanking that's just those people getting a "revenge" friendly spawn. Happens all the time to me too

Tick7

Sunjayroy wrote:

Perhaps that's your issue - that you aren't traversing the map as well as you think you are. If you are trying to "flank" the enemy, but are running into more than one of them, then I would suggest that your flanking route isn't a very good flanking route. Pretty much all the maps in the game allow for some great flanking (trust me, Lightweight + Ghost + Silenced SMGs were how I played this game for the first 4 months).

There's always room for tactical play. Jus thave to be smart about it. Without wanting to sound to harsh and offering constructive criticism, just be a bit smarter with your flanking routes.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Lightweight: If there was anything IW/SHG did right in their god awful game MW3, it was removing leightweight and tuning run-speed relative to the guns. SMG's + Shotguns already move fast enough, they should not be able to benefit from another universal 7% + movement speed.

I also firmly believe that speed enhancing perks, such as Lightweight & Dexterity should not be implemented into this CoD generation at all, until they can produce a consistent online connection situation. These perks are esentially making it harder for people with worse connections  and (100+ ping) to hit their targets, as they are having to deal with 100 millisecond character delays on top of them running faster. UNFAIR.

In MW3, one of the most widely used perks was Stalker; which meant that EVERYONE had super quick speed when ADSing, and combined with Extreme Conditioning, made for a sensationally fast gaming experience.

While you may have a point about character movements and their relationship to the connection-based experience, removing the perk would take away a vital ability in the game that many people have grown accustomed too - not necessarily because they choose to "take advantage" of a seemingly broken game mechanic, bu because it helps them get around the map and get involved in more gunfights and objective play. Nothing wrong with that.

Sunjayroy wrote:

In terms of dexterity, I believe, like lightweight, that the effect should be subject to the weapon, not just a univeral buff across the board. Don't you ******* hate it when you find yourself putting 5-6 rounds into a guy, and then insta-dying before he even raises his gun from sprint!

Sounds once again like you are really suffering from a poor internet connection overall.

It's probably worth noting, that if you are putting 5-6 rounds into a guy he should be dying. If you are "insta-dying" a lot in that scenario, I think that's more to do with your connection than dexterity. Keep in mind that by running dexterity the person you are up against has also spent a pick 10 point on a perk that many, including myself, deem useless considering how effective hip firing is now.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Shotguns: To put this simply, I want the raise recovery after sprint to take longer with dexterity.

Why? If you run into a guy with a shot gun in close quarters, you are in his wheel house and are in the effective range of a shot gun. You should be dead, and it sounds like you are dying. That's decent gun balancing, in my opinion.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Snipers: --> zomg the DSR.50... That gun...is total bullshit. NERF: ohk only from chest up, longer recocking time, reduced hip-fire accuracy, slower movement speed.

Overall, sniping is terrible in Black Ops 2. At this point, I doubt there is anything they can change to fix that. It's a lost cause. The snipers lack the type of balance that they need. Though I'm confused by why you would want slower movement speed on someone running with a sniper.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Grip: 5% recoil reduction as opposed to a measly unnoticable to the human eye 2%.

See: gun balance discussion from above. If you make an attachment too strong, everyone will use it. Plus, grip is a bloody attachment. Are we getting that critical now that we want buffs/nerfs to attachments? 2% reduction in recoil slightly adjusts the properties of a weapon. That's the way that it should be. Attachments shouldn't start turning guns into something they are not.

Also - if the grip attachment is unnoticeable to your eye, then I suggest going into combat training and practiciing the differences with and without grip. It makes a big difference.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Hardwired/EMPnades: they need to sort this out. The emp grenades are annoying as ****, but hardwired is just not good enough to warrent using in competitive. This is because Toughness dominates the tier 2 perk slot as they gave all the guns SO much flinch by default. I hate this.

You either nerf the time + slash radius and EMP does, or you find some way to BUFF hardwired.

In every game, certain perks will be more valuable than others.

In MW3, Sitrep and Dead Silence were perks that were amongst the least used all year.

In BO2, my guess is Hardwired will be amongst the least used.

That's not a bad thing - it's just apart of the progression of the community as they grow into a game. Some perks become far more valuable (Engineer, Toughness), while others don't.

You don't need every perk to be a must-have slam dunk perk.

If EMPs are being heavily used, switch to a Hardwired class. If EMPs are not being heavily used, switch to a Toughness class. If you can't live without one or the other, use Perk 2 greed. Simple solutions bud.

Sunjayroy wrote:

Talking of Toughness: I would not ask 3arc to nerf it, it is a useful perk, but I want to see all non-snipers see a reduced flinch when shot, by a significant amount, Toughness should be a sharpshooters tool only, making only a slight difference. At the moment, this perk takes away from the variety of the perk selection in tier 2, and i really hope 3arc does something about this.

Think you overvalue the importance of Toughness a lot. It's not impossible to aim at a target when you are being shot and taking damage.

Also - if you want toughness to only be a marksman's tool, then shouldn't all non-snipers see increased flinch and the snipers a reduced flinch?

Personally - I've tried all the tier 2 perks and I find them all useless, so I don't run them. I save my points and use them on wildcards for Perk 1 or Primary Gunfighter.

EMP NADES - Definatly need doing i have been killed from them about 6 times now while im not even slightly damaged, just boom kills me through a wall.. more powerful tham semtex and not to mention the equipment destroying range and duration of effect on your player.. also they destroy trophy sytems if you throwit just outside of the emp's range-

DSR- all sniping needs nerfing anyone who thinks it doesnt is a cheap faze wanna be or 6 year old kid.. utterly terrible... *tac insert* spawn, no scope, auto aim assist drags bullet through 8 people who are stood ina zig zag line, clip goes on youtube and squeakers around the  world squeal like pigs in a slaughter house.. Well played treyarch

thebiindsniper

While I cannot suggest a new reward system, I can give some of my opinions of "do-able" adjustments.

1. TDM score limit increased to 100 in 6v6, 125 in 9v9.  Additional score added for headshots, killchains, and killstreaks.

2. CTF respawn timer removed or reduced to 3-5 seconds.  IF possible, an added custom option to allow/disallow the flag on base requirement to score.  CTF score adjustments listed below in order to provide more emphasis on the objective rather than points gained for carrier kills:

Grabbing the enemy flag: 125

Normal kills: 100

Returning the flag: 250

Killing an enemy flag defender: 150

Defending a friendly flag carrier: 200

Killing an enemy flag carrier: 150

Carrier Kills: 100

Flag Captures: 350-400

*OPTIONAL:  CTF settings as follows--10minutes, 1 round, 5 caps to win, flag return time 5-7 seconds.

3. Infected and Face-Off modes added; possible map size restrictions in Face-Off, like how Black Ops 1 did it with Wager Matches.  Maybe even "All or Nothing".

4. Golden dot on the mini-map displayed for the current leader of party games.

5. Scoping in with a sniper causes a 0.5 second wobble sway with the crosshairs landing on a different position within a small radius (like in Black Ops 1).  The initial sway after this effect will be very minimal.  In other words, nerfing quickscoping, and buffing the actual sniping (or hardscoping as you like to call it).

6. B23R nerfs, including base damage, rate of fire, and the firing gap between bursts.  KAP40 nerf to reduce the rate of fire (similar to the single player version).  Other pistols with a range nerf and possible damage nerf as well (pistols are meant to be weak backups and not as strong as most primaries).

7. Dragonfire health buff; AGR speed increase (again), Flak Jacket users surviving Hunter Killers.

8. Hardcore Modes: Probation removed; friendly fire set to "reflect"; Players immune to friendly scorestreak damage.

9. Hardpoint locations set to "random after first".

10. Additional custom options for party games, such as the Gun Game and One in the Chamber custom rules from MW3.

11. Hardwired perk being able to counter the detection effects of Engineer (but not against hacking).  This means that Hardwired, combined with Engineer, can allow a player to sabotage a care package without it being detected by Engineer users.  Nifty!

~RUGGED SAVIOR

iKushtyy

thebiindsniper wrote:

6. B23R nerfs, including base damage, rate of fire, and the firing gap between bursts.  KAP40 nerf to reduce the rate of fire (similar to the single player version).  Other pistols with a range nerf and possible damage nerf as well (pistols are meant to be weak backups and not as strong as most primaries).

11. Hardwired perk being able to counter the detection effects of Engineer (but not against hacking).  This means that Hardwired, combined with Engineer, can allow a player to sabotage a care package without it being detected by Engineer users.  Nifty!

6. +1, +1, +1, +1, etc

11. I believe that Hardwired should also have the delayed trip of explosives, instead of Engineer. Reason is, with Engineer, I can see all the trip mines, so why do I need to delayed the trip?

SitRepPro

CTF to be won by total flags captured.

For some reason I get only get 25 points for destroying a Headquarter but I can camp on my home flag in Domination and throw up a Hunter Killer and get enemies spawning at their flag and get an extra 25 points for that.  I'm playing the objective far more in destroying a headquarter but the additional score for objective play remains the same.

This would be the most controversial on this board but anyway, no damage drop-off for LMGs.  3HK at all ranges, perhaps with a suppressor too.  Damage drop-off kinda negates the point of using LMGs to start with as they are long range defensive weapons for suppressive fire.  I'm already better off running the SCAR in some objective game modes due to better movement speeds and short lines of sights to protect objectives with, and the extra ammo with LMGs aren't really needed.  If there were natural vantage points where I could go prone to protect an objective in games I probably wouldn't mind so much but there's usually an obstacle in the way, or objectives are placed in rooms.

Bring back the PDW 57 and MSMC,like as there where before the March patch

This is a bad idea. They still dominate most of the guns in the game, short of Target Finder LMGs and the Skorpion.

If anything, they could do with another nerf, to the hipfire spread this time. Take it out to that of the ARs and make Laser sight the equivalent of the current. After all, they're pretty much ARs at the moment, but with a larger clip, lower weight, smaller hipfire and faster ADS.

On the topic of changes I'd like to see, there are a few i'd like to see.

1: Target Finder. Take away the red when aiming at someone with cold-blooded.

2:LMGs. Need quite a nerf. Return their ADS to before the update to them. And for the love of god, give them some recoil or lower their damage. The MK48 does 49 damage per bullet at maximum. This means that even the slightest bit of damage (Falling, random explosions) before coming up against one means that there is a 2 shot kill. Even at minimum damage, it's a 4 shot kill. Therefore, potentially 25 kills per clip.

3: Nerf to both the KAP-40 and the B23R. Full Auto Pistol with potential or 3 shot kill and a fire rate higher than most Assault rifles? I can't be the only one that sees a problem with that. And i'm quite sure most people here have run into the rapid bursting 3 shot kill B23 before, so I'm not gonna explain that.

4: Buff the Executioner. Not much, just a little increase to the reload speed.

5: Another bullet to kill with the M27

6: Add a freaking headshot bonus for the M8A1. Seriously. It's just stupid to not have it. It's one of the few assualt rifles really suited to long range, and it suffers by needing up to 3 bursts to kill at that range, with headshots holding no bearing on it.

7: Swap the unlock levels for the Target Finder and the Supressor on Assault Rifles and LMGs.

SitRepPro

1325747282769707956 wrote:

2:LMGs. Need quite a nerf. Return their ADS to before the update to them. And for the love of god, give them some recoil or lower their damage. The MK48 does 49 damage per bullet at maximum. This means that even the slightest bit of damage (Falling, random explosions) before coming up against one means that there is a 2 shot kill. Even at minimum damage, it's a 4 shot kill. Therefore, potentially 25 kills per clip.

Err are you suggesting they should have lower damage than ARs?  They need to be higher damage than ARs so if you nerf their damage then all ARs should follow suit, and subsequently, SMGs too.  The MK48 is the only decent LMG.  What was the exact ADS buff to LMGs by the way?

That would be exactly what i'm suggesting. Not a massive disadvantage, but enough of one that LMGs aren't as powerful as they are now. 5 shot kill at long range is reasonable, considering how many shots they have overall.

SMGs have needed a nerf for a long time, but unfortunately, It's not going to happen.

ADS buff was an increase in ADS speed. Not sure which update it was from though.

Mk 48 is most defintiely not the only good LMG. Pretty much all of them except the QBB are insanely powerful right now, particuarly the HAMR.

SitRepPro

I think the ADS buff was very slight.  I never bothered finding it out because I already had them diamond so I've moved onto sniper rifles.  I don't think the exact numbers are given on the offical links so I have to go elsewhere to find exactly what it is.  A bit like the M1216 buff, which was so small it wasn't even worth bothering with.  Some people use Quickdraw on LMGs but I always used Adjustable Stock so if it was nerfed it wouldn't affect me but it's more the reason for it.  I don't mind 5 shots at range itself but ARs and SMGs at similar ranges, and quite long by their own standards, would have to be longer to justify an LMG.  If I was a programmer and into the modding scene may be it would be fun to find out.

All the buffs to LMGs that have been made have happened since I got them diamond and I've moved onto sniper rifles and some assault rifles.  Some of the strengths to LMGs are more reliant on map design, just like sniper rifles.

I think it was too. Not a massive buff, but it tipped them over the line to the stronger part of the game, Where even at their weakest range, they're still quite powerful.

As for the SMG/AR/LMG match up, The LMGs should still dominate at range with that, as most ARs have enough kick to throw off a few shots, occasionally needing to reload before a kill, where the LMG would not and has less kick. And the SMGs have an unnatural range as they are, all of the could do with a good recoil increase as it is, and that would be another part of the overall changes.

I guess it's one of those things that seems like a good idea to me on paper, but it needs to be properly tested to find out how well it would work.

CrashPower

The Hardcore community provided feedback to Treyarch that we wanted more than four game modes in the Hardcore Playlist. Unfortunately, there are only four slots available, therefore all game modes cannot be represented at one time. Treyarch  explored alternative solutions to address the issue. David Vonderhaar, Treyarch's Game Design Director, mentioned rotating game modes in an early HC thread. Rotating game modes in the Hardcore Playlist have allowed the community to have an opportunity to play hardcore Kill Confirmed and Domination but to make this possible hardcore Free-for-All and Capture the Flag had to be rotated out. I saw a post earlier that looked very interesting and I'm curious what the community thinks about the idea.

I like the idea of creating two Hardcore playlist when the DLC playlist is not in use. For example, after they are done with the current Uprising playlist:

CORE (12 slots)

HARDCORE (4 Slots)

COMPAT TRAINING (2 slots)

PARTY GAMES (4 slots)

UPRISING (3 slots)

why not have

CORE (12 slots)

HARDCORE Objective (4slots)  (SnD, HQ, DOM, CTF)

COMBAT TRAINING (2 slots)

PARTY GAMES (4 slots)

HARDCORE (3 Slots)  (TDM, KC, FFA)

I would really appriciate the developers to consider this option as this would allow a larger selection for the hardcore commuity as a whole.

teflon_skull

Spawns.

Reverting the patch to spawns was the right thing to do.  However, there was a reason there was an attempted patch.  Slightly better than the previous bad is still bad.  Though, I don't think they will ever be good because of map size and map design that spawns you across from a dark corner that someone has a pop-up camper set up in.

adw1983

Weapon balance:

-Give the SVU a 0.32 second ADS time for gods sake -- or even give it Quickdraw with -20% ADS time.

-Make FAL a 4 hit kill on longer ranges so that SMR can compete on longer ranges. It's still bloody accurate, and people used G3 -- which had higher recoil -- without stopping power.

-Improve M27 slightly; SMG ADS speed would help it immensely and make it useable.

-Improve Peacekeeper slightly; Reducing ROF to 625 and buffing damage to 40 for short range and 20 to long range would help, making it unique in the process.

-Add some more recoil to M8 burst fire so that it's not a sniper. Just so that you can't hit and kill anyone on any range with two bursts simply because there's no recoil.

-Reduce the burst-delay of the SWAT556 to ~0.12 seconds.

-Burst and auto pistols: Do what you MUST, seriously.

Sound:

Let everyone hear footsteps within 10 meters when enemies are running and 5 meters when enemies are walking.

Disable your surround and tweak until you can hear footsteps reasonable when you're standing stillm without awareness, to some reasonable degree.

Awareness: Increase volume by 30% and range by 40%

Dead silence: Decrease volume by 30% and range by 30% (-60% to your own footstep sound for yourself)

Attachment balance:

-Grip needs to be slightly better. Just slightly. Accuracy IS power, after all.

-Quickdraw should add a flat -0.05 second ADS time bonus.

-Stock: Speed is too powerful in BO2; I have several 26+/0 games because moving made me invulnerable to enemy fire when strafing with different weapons.

Movement speed:

-Character models are too small or movement speed is too fast.

Perks:

-Fix sound to fix awareness and dead silence

-Hardwired (Equipment OR killstreaks immune to EMP and hackers)

-Cold-blooded: Resistance to sentry targeting (but not immunity: Give immunity with both cold-blooded and blind-eye)

-Toughness: Reduce flinch resistance slightly, but reduce flinch slightly universally

MAPS:

-BIG MAPS PACK: Vast pack

Overgrown

Hazard

New big map

Another new big map: A sniper's version of nuke town: two buildings, two buses, a couple of cars -- but NO OTHER CLUTTER, but LONG ranges between the buildings.

HOW ABOUT THEY FIX THE KNIFE, NERF THE FAL AND KAP40?