11 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 6:42 PM by nicedrewishfela RSS

Uprising - opinions now that it's been out for a while?

djacks400

Now that uprising has been out for a couple weeks, I have to say it's the best map pack so far for either blops 1 or 2. I've pretty much been content with only palying the uprising playlist for the past couple weeks. Its a combination of loving these maps and being so bored of the others. It's probably also a combination of the older maps being so booster and cheater infested that folks on this playlist are playing the objective where the boosters and cheaters will only stay on maps they know. I actually can't say there is one I really dislike at all.

• Re: Uprising - opinions now that it's been out for a while?
    dweez1988

Bored of them already...

Still enjoy them more then the older maps because of the size.

Smaller maps is easier to shoot campers and keeps the game more intense.

xm25spam

I love all the new maps for uprising, encore being my favorite. The only thing i don't like about it is that the lava doesn't flow in magma like it showed in that trailer where the guy runs backwards and its pouring into the street.. Over all its still a great map pack, can't wait until the next one comes out.

Proclaimor

It is so much easier to shoot through walls on Studio than Firing Range. FMJ's optional.

NoLifeKing29

Opinion hasn't changed, Studio is once again a great map, Encore is a good map but headglitching brings it down a notch, Magma is trash with poor killing zones, poor team movement, poor spawns, and Vertigo is trash because of poor spawns, headglitching, and circular team movement.

Tick7

I honestly feel as though both of these DLC packs (Revolution and Uprising), have been some of the best DLC packs that we've seen in years. I think we would have to go back to MW2 before we found the last good map pack.

Black Ops' new maps were terrible, and everything about MW3 was just bad.

But BO2 so far the DLC has been good.

I like the variety of the maps in Uprising. We haven't had any maps like Hydro, Vertigo, or Magma before - they are all 3 very different, very unique maps that have no comparables from previous CoD games. I like that some maps (Mirage, Downhill) feature longer sightlines and gun battles, whereas others (Vertigo, Studio), feature close quarters combat. There's something in there for everyone.

That, and I like Studio. A bit annoying just how often it gets picked in the map rotation, but it's a fun map and many of the old strategies from Black Ops Firing Range can be easily transferred over.

Overall - I'm a fan.

sneed867

i disagree completly

BO2 DLC is terrible, especially uprising. all the maps are just the same...its annoying. small, close quarter maps. you say its all unique and we have never seen it before? colors of a map are unique to you? magma is red, its still the same size as vertigo, except vertigo is blue..WOW so different!

grind is ok, hydro is completly semetrical, feels lazy to me, downhill is ok, some sniper spots and long ranges that make it somewhat fun. mirage is just lolz, its avoided in every game i play

imo, there is no variety at all in this maps. they are all the same size, just random crazy skins to make it seem cool.

i would approve 100% if they just reskined everything from MW3 from here on out

Tick7

sneed867 wrote:

i disagree completly

BO2 DLC is terrible, especially uprising. all the maps are just the same...its annoying. small, close quarter maps. you say its all unique and we have never seen it before? so what? colors of a map are unique to you? magma is red, its still the same size as vertigo, except vertigo is blue..WOW so different!

grind is ok, hydro is completly semetrical, feels lazy to me, downhill is ok, some sniper spots and long ranges that make it somewhat fun. mirage is just lolz, its avoided in every game i play

imo, there is no variety at all in this maps. they are all the same size, just random crazy skins to make it seem cool.

i would approve 100% if they just reskined everything from MW3 from here on out

Thanks for the reply.

Yes - the maps are unique and different.

No - that opinion is based solely and exclusively on the colors of the maps.

Have we had a map that has a giant death trap in the middle like Magma? The central spine of the map that turns into a death chamber like in Hydro? Not that I recall, no.

Vertigo in it's shape and design (a large map), plays at a brisk yet close-quarters style pace. Again, is there a comparable map from previous Treyarch titles that we've seen? I think not.

I'm not a big fan of Mirage, but Downhill is a unique map - we haven't seen anything lke that before, where longer range battles dominate.

You may disagree as to whether or not you like the maps or not, but don't argue with the fact that the maps bring a level of freshness compared to what we normally have seen.

I won't bother getting into your point about MW3 maps - some of the most unbalanced maps in CoD history and you want them reskinned and introduced? It's not worth getting into

bkblazer

Mob of the Dead is by far my favorite thing about Uprising. I'm glad to have more maps to play for multi, but they are by far not on my list of favs. Then again I've only played tdm on them.

VIzuki

This is true the new maps seem very rushed what happened to black ops when when you could use an elevator to go to the top floor that was badass to say the least. Firing range seems to be pretty cool and thats about it. Still got hackers and lag switchers so seems like combat training or off line play is the best bet for these maps. Anything online with this game straight up is disappointing to say the least.

nicedrewishfela

Sadly, somewhat Underwhelmed. I felt the First DLC was pretty strong... although Downhill is rapidly becoming one of my least favorite maps in the game.

Studio is the exception. I loved Firing Range, and am enjoying this map. Maybe because I am a movie nerd and love the subject matter, but I always liked playing Firing Range and it doesn't feel stale to me. Good sight lines and a lot of various types of action.

Magma is ok. The sight lines are decent, but there are a lot of camp spots. Just nothing particularly memorable. It plays well for my gameplay style as a tactical mover, but it just doesn't have that fun feel to me.

Vertigo is very blah. It just feels very circular, some odd choices like the outside ledge and room that seem made for boosting... Just a big circle you know what. Have had some fun matches on it, but again, nothing memorable.

Encore is probably my second favorite in this release, close with Magma.  It just again feels very circular. The center area is not much use, but does offer cover and is not as open as I worried it would be. It is easy to take out stage campers. Again, a lot of strange space on this map and the flow isn't fantastic, but I have had some fun matches.

I think, overall... the second drop was just not all that memorable for me. I am having fun playing some of the maps, but they just seem to be lacking personality. Hoping... EXPECTING... more in the next two drops.