44 Replies Latest reply: Apr 29, 2013 11:53 PM by dweez1988 RSS

How Many Golds Do You Need For Diamond?

GoldenFAL

Hello all it's your favorite camper here asking the CoD community how many guns do you need to get your class diamond?  At first I was like I'm not going for diamonds but after I made master prestige I started working on my Assault Rifles for diamond.

I have 6 out of 9 AR's gold and 3 left before diamonds. I need my M27, type25 and M8A1 gold before I unlock diamond. I know some of you already have diamond so I guess you don't have to respond unless its helpful! How many guns do you have left to make gold? What's the one you are saving for last because its horrible to use? I'm waiting last to do the type25 almost done with the m27 and it was not easy at first. My biggest problem is getting thru the head shots. When its time for no perks or attachments things get better. I just want diamonds for my FAL, so I'm going for it.

That type 25 and M8A1 is gonna be a biotch to get gold! One mind says eff the diamonds and just go back using your FAL but I feel I came so far by messing up my KD using guns I usually wouldn't use. Keep on pushing!

• Re: How Many Golds Do You Need For Diamond?
    GoldenFAL

P.s. and it seems like I have to take a whole week just to get gold guns. I know some it takes a few days.

PerEverto13

The first weapon class i did was ARs. The worst one honestly to me was the SMR. It took me a full week of of 2-5 hour sessions to get the BT done. Since then ive started to do the hardest weapons first. It sucked to be close to diamond and having one little thing hold me up.

Since ARs ive started to do almost all groups, finishing SMGs a while ago. Im a good chunk of the way done with LMGs now as well. My recomendation as far as order is QBB first because its the hardest to me and the HAMR last as that gun is just fun as all get out. If your like the SCAR imagine it with a 125 round drum mag and a faster fire rate and you have the HAMR. Eo.much fun to use.

iKushtyy

All weapons Gold in one specific class unlocks Diamond for that class. e.g. all AR's Gold unlocks the Diamond camo for AR's. All SMG Golds unlock SMG Diamond, etc etc.

Type 25 is a good gun now as it's been buffed considerably. I liked it when it was supposedly weak, so I have a feeling I'm gonna love it now !

M8A1 is a good long range gun, play to it's strengths and youy will have no trouble...

M27 is a pain to get headshots with because it's so weak.. Best bet is to stay at long range and go for headglitchers, that's how I done the M27 Gold.

Personally, SMR was the worst gun to Gold, purely for the Naked Gun/Perkless challenges.

EDIT: Snipers are the easiest to get Dimaond. Use SVU in HC for OSK's everything else is easy.

GoldenFAL

Im almost done with the M27 but i feel as it will be a pain to get the bloodthirsty.

Do you have anymore tips on using M8A1?

Try the Reflex sight and using it against Headglitchers. It's definitely the best way I found for headshots, as there is no headshot bonus for it. After that, Just play to the strengths. If you do what I did and go for the no perks/no attachments at the same time, always put out 2 bursts at least, just to be sure. Longshots should be easy enough with it. By the time you're done with the Art of War and Cherry Blossom Camo unlocks, you should be about 80% of the way through the rest. By that point, you should know how to use the gun effectively, so just join a match and kick ass.

My personal preferences for the Bloodthristy medals were Supressor, Select fire and Quickdraw for the short range maps and Hybrid sight/Quickdraw for the larger maps.

CurliestRogue0

M8A1 headshots?

Select Fire

Select Fire

Select Fire!

Maybe you play the game completely differently than I do, but this helped me immensely.  I don't even enjoy playing the burst guns at full auto, but I suck it up and do it to get the headshots over with.

iKushtyy

My tip is to use RDS, ACOG or Hybrid. Perosnally, I hate the irons on the M8.

Rush to the first snipe off point at the start of the match (eg the containers on Cargo) and spray.

Oh, and seeing as you don't like the M8, stick on extended mags and spam the trigger.

zingaa

My smg's are done, working on my AR's but that effing FAL frustrates me to death.

GoldenFAL

Lol FAL was my favorite to use but i had gold before they nerfed it or made more recoil. Wow you are working on your 2nd class of weapons. Thats hard work! After i do my AR's im not going for diamonds on any other class because of laziness. I might change my mind but for now im sticking with AR's

trialstardragon

How many guns to get diamond? Most of any class that I use. For I do not use all of them and never will so never will get diamond because I do not think it is special. I think cammos are a waste of space in the game and should be replaced with something else.

riffy08

I'm working on snipers right now, the easiest 2 done.  I'm not a sniper, so it's not easy...If I go back to my beloved automatic weapons it's like a breath of fresh air.  After sniper rifles, then it will be shotguns.

dweez1988

I have the specials diamond. The rocket launchers diamond, shotguns diamond and the snipers.

Working on the pistols now wich is a pain.

I have all headshot done for all pistols and now working on the kills without perks and atatchments.

I have the executioner gold.

It's a real grind getting 600 kills without perks or atatchments :S.

Don't know witch I will do after the pistols.

Got the MP7 gold and the M8 and the SCAR.

I really dislike the art of war and cherry blosom challanges since it's not really a challange but just grinding and boring.

SMG's were my first diamond, working on AR's now, got the SMR and M8A1 left....fml. I had a buddy help me with the FAL Headshots as I SUCK with headshots. The SMR isn't that bad of a gun, im finding out that not every gun is good with Select Fire. SMR is good with the reflex sight, Stock, and possibly like fast mags.

CurliestRogue0

It's so interesting to me how differently we all find this fairly nondiverse game.

For example, some folks in this thread are talking about Hardcore being better for headshots than Core.  My own experience couldn't be more the opposite.

Likewise, some folks are saying to keep guns like the chicom and M8A1 in semi-auto to get headshots.  Whereas when I switched to select fire on my M8A1, my headshot rate literally doubled from 5% of kills to 10% of kills.

Overall, my personal experience with headshots has been less than interesting because it seems the harder I try to aim for the head, the less chance I get it.  I've killed headglitchers with a single burst and not gotten the headshot.  Huh?  Say what?  How is that even possible, 3arc?  The probablistic nature of range and accuracy ratings, I'm assuming.  So I just go full auto and spray at the chest; usually the one hit marker my enemy gets on me is enough to bump me up to the head area.

FWIW I've got two ARs left to get gold: SWAT556 and M27.  No particular reason other than that I was going from highest to lowest current headshot count when I selected my next gold targeted gun (spent a long time playing the game before I started paying attn to camos, so every gun had a few headshots when I started trying).

CurliestRogue0

OP: Type25 is a good little gun, if a little boring.  However, if you're the FAL devotee that you seem to be, yeah it probably won't be much fun.  Couldn't be more opposite ARs than the type25 and the FAL.  haha

TRAILBLAZ3RSS

I completed SMG's, Shotguns, AR's, and LMG's (in that order), and have just two sniper rifles left for all primary diamonds/primary master. (DSR and SVU).  I have the launchers diamond, but need 3 more pistols and the specials to complete the secondaries.  The burst rifles were actually not as difficult as I thought they were going to be; I quite enjoyed them.  The SMR though... don't get me started on the SMR! 

Way different than my MW3 days, when I stuck with just a handful of weapons.  Sadly, come November, much of it will not matter when the next version appears.

I wonder if anyone has earned all of the calling cards in the game yet.  I know I never will, simply for the fact that I don't play most game modes, and I'm not good enough to earn a 20+ killstreak (just one 15-kill streak so far).

Oh well, going for the cards I can earn at least keep it interesting.

I have everything but the Snipers and Specials.

Huge help for everyone who still has the burst weapons to go through.

Put Red Dot on all burst weapons, it decreasees burst time between the weapons meaning you can burst faster. (Think rapid fire on the Type-25 and M-16 in MW3).

People think they make guns better burst weapons better with select fire. They don't it just decreases the range, meaning you need more bullets to kill at a further distance

I almost always prefer the burst weapons over the full autos.

(I run select-fire on the skorpion, because it just works)

Gunzby

I didn't decide to go for diamond till 8th prestige (I had the PDW gold at the time). I'm halfway through 10th prestige and only need 7 blood thirsty, 9 doubles and like 20 revenge on the Chicom to get it. I'm not sure if I'll bother with doing it on ARs.

Once I get SMGs I'll primarily use the AN94 and SCAR-L. I think the only SMG I'll use is the Chicom. I don't know what anyone is talking about....that gun has been the easiest to get gold for me.