36 Replies Latest reply: Apr 28, 2013 7:12 AM by OUHATEME RSS

plz bring back ricochet plzzzz

StinkiFoot86

so yeh ilove hardcore and i love using lightning strike...but i dont like probation for 5 minutes for " leaving the game" whereas infact i was ejected for killing my own teammates with a lightning strike.     i suggest you bring in ricochet or remove the scorestreaks ability to kill fellow teammates.   just my opinion im sure there are those who shall choose to disagree

• Re: plz bring back ricochet plzzzz
    maccabi

StinkiFoot86 wrote:

so yeh ilove hardcore and i love using lightning strike...but i dont like probation for 5 minutes for " leaving the game" whereas infact i was ejected for killing my own teammates with a lightning strike.     i suggest you bring in ricochet or remove the scorestreaks ability to kill fellow teammates.   just my opinion im sure there are those who shall choose to disagree

so basically you want richochet as YOU chose to use a scorestreak that will give you tks because its user controlled?

sorry without sounding harsh anyone who uses a lightening strike willy nilly in hc deserves everything they get,

Adding ricochet in your example is pointless, and totally negates the need for it, as you use the scorestreak and die, you get what 2-3 kills maybe, from a distance, the points you earnt for the kills are gone as you then died , and the tags will no doubt be collected by the other team .

Stop using lightening strikes. problem solved.

CR4IG

Ricochet is the worst thing ever, it makes HC a joke and turns it into a complete tube fest, just look at MW3 and MW2, at least with the kick system you actually have to be careful and think about what you are doing.

iivrruummii

Or they could just fix the kicking system.

Restore_Hardcore

Don't play HC.

PerEverto13

RICOCHET IS NOT HC!

C_Dogg_

I'm gonna seem noobish for asking, what is ricochet?

I mean other then a projectile changing course due to hitting an object. (thats the ricochet i know of)

This came up in a thread yesterday or the day before, i don't know this rule, is it where scorestreak rewards dont harm allies ??

maccabi

C_Dogg_ wrote:

I'm gonna seem noobish for asking, what is ricochet?

I mean other then a projectile changing course due to hitting an object. (thats the ricochet i know of)

This came up in a thread yesterday or the day before, i don't know this rule, is it where scorestreak rewards dont harm allies ??

its a stupid system for hardcore to deal with team killing,

instead of you shooting someone and they die, you shoot someone and you die instead.

C_Dogg_

Thanks maccabi.

I can see why people might want this rule brought back, personally i think its an unnecessary fix for a stupid problem.

New problems will arrise with ricochet, like when somebody steps into your line of fire.

I say if calling in a lightning strike away from teammates is too difficult, the you should change your scorestreak rewards setup. Doesn't the tablet show all friendly players in hc?

Personally i think a great fix would be class specific scorestreak rewards. I have different classes for HC and Core, the option to have individual scorestreak reward setups for each class would be a great addition to this game.

nicedrewishfela

I would love to see how the OP would react when dropping a Lightning Strike on a Ricochet match.

Perfect example- Was having a great game on MW3 on the map Village, 17-0 to start the match playing lonewolf on HC TDM. My team was all on the Cave/Well side (if you are familiar with the map). I had earned a Stealth Bomber during my streak, and since my team was all spawning on one side of the map, I decided to put it out on the other side of the map, which would be the village. I went on the Mic and told everyone I was dropping the Bomber over the village and to stay away from the village. I proceeded to drop it. Once I came out of the laptop... I watched as one of my Random Teammates completely ignored my warning and ran, full speed, directly INTO the explosions.

At 17-0.... I DIED. That is why Ricochet is completely wrong. I did the right thing and dropped the streak away from my teammates, but died because of one person's selfishness. Ricochet leads to selfish play, and is NOT Hardcore.

C_Dogg_

Thats a perfect example why ricochet is a bad idea.

I mostly play core anyway, not as much now because of HC DOM, however, I dont fell like dying because someone on my team jumps in front of me while im shooting an enemy.

Restore_Hardcore

I got killed twice with one stealth bomber lol! Spawned quick right in it's path.

TG SteelRain

Another example of why Ricochet is not the answer:

With ricochet, if you cause a car or barrel to ignite, then later that car or barrel explodes and kills a teamate -- you die at that time. 

Imagine a shootout with an enemy and hitting a car in the fight -- the car catches fire -- you kill more enemies and are close to your next scorestreak, then BAM -- car explodes and kills dumb teammate standing next to burning car.  You die -- losing your scorestreak.

Just one of many examples why richochet does not work and ruins hardcore.

If you can't handle team killing and getting booted at 3 TKs, then go play core and stay away from hardcore.

bigdan80s

with the current system if this happened and took out 2 team mates standing next to the car and after 1 idiot runs in your line of fire then YOU WONT BE KILLED YOULL BE KICKED INSTEAD!

BRING BACK HC RIC AND LEAVE HC AS WELL THEN THE CHOICE IS YOURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COOOORY12345678

From reading theses forums it appears everyone is opposed to richochet but I don't understand why. If watching out for your teammates is a part of hardcore, shouldn't you be punished for your mistakes and not them?

nicedrewishfela

You do get punished, 3 TKs and you are out.

C_Dogg_

Watching out for your teammates is important in HC, but you cant neglect to watch out for yourself too. If I jump in front of your gunfire or scorestreak reward, i deserve to die, not you.

The argument can easily go both ways. There will always be trolls, trying to screw teammates over, with ricochet or without. I prefer the realistic approach, the person being shot dies. If someone is being careless I try to be careful around them so i dont get booted.

There wilk never be a 'perfect' system for team kills which makes everyone happy, i say stick with how it is.

teflon_skull

Either way, the shooter gets the penalty for the person who runs in front of them when they are already shooting.  Also, did you never see people purposely pinning people with richochet?  People not camping?  Griefers and trolls are a sad lot.

SitRepPro

How abou using non-lethal scorestreaks?

I don't think 3arc have ever done ricochet, except right from the start of a match so people don't spawn kill their teammates with free fire rockets right at the beginning.  If that's the case they won't touch ricochet with a barge pole.

wtcwarrior

They got Ric in the game, so to speak, if u start off the match and TK U drop. You know what works when u call in a LS. You say on your mic. HEY GUYS get inside im droppin a LS! Cuz it IS team tactical right? Lol.

bigdan80s

doesnt work when your playing in the early hours with your volume turned down and no mic on because you show a bit of respect for your neighbours or you dont want to wake your misses and kids up, I suppose you all think i should just play core then, well if it wasnt for the fact i can unload a whole clip and 1 rpg round into some one and they just stand there and kill me with 3 rounds, I would!!

wtcwarrior

nobody is saying shout at the tv LIGHTNING STRIKE IN BOUND RUN MOTHER *******! ****, I can talk softly on my mic and everyone can hear me and it is a 10 dollar mic from walmart. I mean, unless you live in a studio apartment then i'd say get off the game and sleep with your misses. And if your that close to your neighbors.....man...you must live in a village. lol

TG SteelRain

Ricochet ruins HC.

Richochet is not HC.

Richochet is a cheap attempt to fix something that does not need to be fixed.

Do not bring back Richochet. 

If you really feel the need for Richochet, then don't play HC.  The ability to kill teamates is a main componet that makes Hardcore.  Without it, it is not hardcore.

OUHATEME

The other part of this that the op misses is that his reckless use of a lightning strike very well may have cost a teammate from a useful scorestreak that would've helped the team. Plus as stated above communicate, it's not that loud with a good headset so shouldn't wake anyone . In fact it's probably quieter than smashing the control buttons. I'm just saying. Other easy fix combine you lightning strike with a uav . There will still be the occasional slip up but it helps your odds to avoid a tk .