12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 10:52 PM by TAPTAP1975 RSS

Sniping needs to be realistic!!

It’s just ridiculous that people can literally run around with a sniper rifle like it’s a machine gun and get head shots!!  It’s not realistic in the slightest.  Any sniper rifle would be wildly inaccurate as a run and gun weapon.  WTF

• Re: Sniping needs to be realistic!!
    OUHATEME

This is a game what is realistic in it? Taking hit markers and turning around to kill the enemy and recover health in a few seconds ? Having a radar in upper corner ? Respawning back to life in a few seconds after dying. Winning a gun fight with a knife ? Using a smaw almost point blank? Don't forget having a weapon camo of diamonds? When it comes to realistic the list goes on and on. Just saying if your looking for realistic in a game you picked the wrong game.

Sorry, I didn't realize I needed to be so elementary.  As it relates to video games, realism is relative.  Certainly the designers do many things to attempt to make the game a realistic simulation.  Otherwise, for example, you would not run slower when carrying bigger, heavier guns.  Or that it takes more shots to kill when they are from a smaller caliber weapon.  Or, the location of the bullet strikes makes a difference.  So why bother with any of that if, as you are attempting to suggest by listing a bunch of silly questions, there is no attempt at realism?  I am simply offering that while they have spent time making many aspects of the game realistic (relatively), they should also do that with the run and gun sniping.

OUHATEME

Sorry I guess I need to be even more elementary for you. It was light hearted comment in nature saying that no matter what even though they make attempts it will never be as realistic as some people want and   yes the silly questions are there to point out how taking something to serious can take the fun away from it. I left numerous punctuation  errors here to give you more ammo. Have some fun with it. You posted your opinion not everyone has to agree or disagree with it. That's elementary too.

Jake02

I think there are other games that have a more realistic sniping aspect, I remember this one game that the character could inject themself with something that would make their heartbeat slow down for a better shot.

amathyx

it's just ridiculous that i can shoot someone in both of their legs and they can still run full speed at me with a knife. it's not realistic in the slightest.

azn_chic

if you want a more "realistic" gaming experience, play Arma. But you'll need a decent gaming PC. Hope this helps

SitRepPro

I agree.  All sniper rifles are now a 1HK anywhere on the body whether suppressed or not.  Deal?

RunAndGun1

I'm tired of the obvious "auto-aim" features of the high level sniper rifles. When I see a Killcam where the sniper doesn't even bring the scope to their view and yet they get a one hit kill, it's clear there's no skill required in sniping.

Snipers end up being the ultimate camper. Hardly ever moving and getting the easiest kills.

InstantOG

that's bullet delay not auto aim, auto aim works when fully scoped in and if you notice people still miss when full screen. The bullet delay makes it seem that a bullet was shot at a certain time when it was really shot before.

Example: 360 and shoot then go to theater and see where the real bullet and fake one goes.

SitRepPro

Blackscope is often lag.  I have a friend I play with who got a winning killcam and thought he quickscoped but he didn't.  If players shoot as soon as they're fully scoped it may appear as a blackscope on the killcam.  Same with shotguns.  I've heard of the M12 firing more than 4 shots before rechambering, which is impossible.

And there's no aim assist on snipers until they are fully scoped.  While the snipers aren't hard to use, I imagine using full auto ARs and SMGs are much easier.

Thatre mode isn't always accurate.  It's just there to act as a guide to know where you have been killed.

TAPTAP1975

I agree. Sniper rifles would be less popular if they were bolt action instead of semi-auto. I see 10 year olds rocking Gold and Diamond plated sniper rifles and they are snapping of so many rounds down range that accuracy means nothing. if you spray enough lead you will kill something. 1 hit kills make that a certainty. Some recoil and a second and a half between shots while you chamber a round and these people would be dead. I love a good snipe. But I have managed to only shot about 45 people with if because they just offer no challenge. It sucks when you join a game only to find 11 other gamers camped out around a tiny little map (and they are all tiny) spraying a whole clip at anything that crosses their path.

Go play Sniper Elite or Ghost Warrior. Oops. Too hard for you is it? Some skill required sorry.