16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 10:00 AM by hyper72 RSS

Two things Treyarch got right

Im_not_BukLau

Sometimes I b!tch about this game but I've got to give Treyarch credit where it is due. I've mentioned a couple of times that recently I've been playing W@W and Blops 1 and there are two really annoying things in those games that aren't in Blops 2

 

1. Second Chance. I am so glad Treyarch finally realised what a horrible perk this is.and removed it. In W@W, Second Chance was particularly annoying when stacked with Juggernoob... whoops I meant Juggernaut . In Blops 1 Second Chance returned as annoying as ever.

 

2. Panic knifing. Some people say that the knife is broken in Blops 2 however I see it in a completely different way. Rather than broken, I see the knife as being fixed. Today I was playing Blops 1 and was one kill away from dogs when I came across some Ghost pro + Ninja pro camper. I emptied at mag into him only to be commandoed from a 5 metres away and my controller almost went airborne. I can count on my fingers the amount of times I've been panic knifed in Blops 2.

 

Although Treyarch did make some mistakes in Black Ops 2, I'd rather go up against a lobby full of TF LMG users than a lobby full of Second Chance using right thumbstick warriors.

  • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
    TRU11

    2nd change was BS lol.

     

    dear god what did i hate that **** lol.

     

    knife is still BS though as people  can still warp towards you while taking bullets to the chest in the proces.

     

    i also cant knife to save my life but it might be because i use tactial layout.

  • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
    fLoRiDa_KrAcKeR1

    I do agree with you. Good points .

     

    Must be honest with you all. I was one of those second chance users !  :-/ and no I'm not proud. Lmao

  • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
    JST2FST

    !. The Off Switch

     

    2. Eject Disc

  • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
    rlbl

    100% agree

     

    1 - SC/FS/LS or whatever variation of the perk is outright stupid

    2 - the knifing finally works.  "Panic Knifing" can no longer be done. The only way you get any sort of lunge is to have the knife equipped prior to the knife attempt (anyone who cannot see this is smoking something funny... and I wanna know who is selling it).  Any time one gets "lunged" otherwise is just seeing the effects of lag.

     

    If I can add...

     

    3ARC does not have any:

    BS deathstreaks

    Game ending/changing bombs/nukes

    1:1 stacking killstreaks

     

    Some people like to have those things in the game, but seriously, all the above either promotes camping* (to achieve said bombs) and/or silly non-"gun on gun" play (get a 5-7 kill streak going, then the killstreaks do ALL the work for you).

     

    For these reasons, I personally feel 3ARC > IW/SH/Raven/etc...

     

    For smoothness of graphics etc... IW > 3ARC (but BO2 is much improved over BO1, but not quite where it should be yet)

     

    * Not saying there is no camping in 3ARC games, because camping is a playstyle and not a game feature as some seem to believe.

    • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
      Im_not_BukLau

      rlbl wrote:

       

       

      If I can add...

       

      3ARC does not have any:

      BS deathstreaks

      Game ending/changing bombs/nukes

      1:1 stacking killstreaks

       

      Some people like to have those things in the game, but seriously, all the above either promotes camping* (to achieve said bombs) and/or silly non-"gun on gun" play (get a 5-7 kill streak going, then the killstreaks do ALL the work for you).

       

      For these reasons, I personally feel 3ARC > IW/SH/Raven/etc...

       

      I have always prefered Treyarch for these reasons and Treyarch's removal of SC/LS/FS and fixing Ghost and the knife have imo showed that Treyarch are the much better developer when it comes to balancing.

       

       

      rlbl wrote:

       

       

      * Not saying there is no camping in 3ARC games, because camping is a playstyle and not a game feature as some seem to believe.

      I wasn't hating on the Ghost + Ninja camper for camping (although the Ghost + Ninja combo is a little bit annoying), I was just setting the scene.

  • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
    Izjar11

    Im_not_BukLau wrote:

     

    Sometimes I b!tch about this game but I've got to give Treyarch credit where it is due. I've mentioned a couple of times that recently I've been playing W@W and Blops 1 and there are two really annoying things in those games that aren't in Blops 2

     

    1. Second Chance. I am so glad Treyarch finally realised what a horrible perk this is.and removed it. In W@W, Second Chance was particularly annoying when stacked with Juggernoob... whoops I meant Juggernaut . In Blops 1 Second Chance returned as annoying as ever.

     

    2. Panic knifing. Some people say that the knife is broken in Blops 2 however I see it in a completely different way. Rather than broken, I see the knife as being fixed. Today I was playing Blops 1 and was one kill away from dogs when I came across some Ghost pro + Ninja pro camper. I emptied at mag into him only to be commandoed from a 5 metres away and my controller almost went airborne. I can count on my fingers the amount of times I've been panic knifed in Blops 2.

     

    Although Treyarch did make some mistakes in Black Ops 2, I'd rather go up against a lobby full of TF LMG users than a lobby full of Second Chance using right thumbstick warriors.

    Each title has its own difference from the previous, bad and good. I never try to compare simply adapt.

     

    But yea, getting rid of second chance or deathstreaks was a good thing.

  • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
    s_paw1

    Getting rid of Deathstreak was indeed good but I still get panicked knived all the time.

    • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
      Im_not_BukLau

      You must have really bad luck if you're still getting panic knived.

      • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
        rlbl

        It is possible that some people really do not knowo what a panic knife actually is...

         

        Although, if one is getting knifed a lot by people who did not already have their knife out... yeah one needs to step it up and move a bit.

         

        The Panic Knife - analogous to the Knee-Jerk

         

        While playing the game, often people get surprised when they run into someone who they did not expect to see. This often causes them the clench the controller in a "knee-jerk" reaction (often crushing the analogue stick).  In previous games, there was a lunge to the knife attack.  Because ofo these two things a player would inadvertently knife a player when surprised.

         

        This involuntary attack was deemed to be BS as the player should not be able to win gun fights by accident with a knife.

         

        3ARC solved this by removing the lunge when you did not have the knife pulled out before the attack.  Some say they broke it.. better gamers (like yourself) know they fixed it.

        • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
          s_paw1

          rlbl wrote:

           

          It is possible that some people really do not knowo what a panic knife actually is...

          I know what panic knifing is and it still exists. Maybe there is no more lunge but people knife you out of surprise still. I wish instead of knifing you would hit enemy with the gun. Two hits and you are dead. *Gun butt to the face*

  • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
    ghamorra

    Lightweight adds a lunge effect, not sure if its because of lag or if there's some kind of momentum thing going on, but its annoying because the hitbox for knifing is so screwed up. I find it easier to knife a person if I'm not looking at them

  • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
    HaitianCreation

    I get consistently panic knifed in BO2, I think the knife should be taken out of the next CoD, my greatest panic knife wtf was when I was at the top stairs of C building on Nuketown and started taking damage from the bottom of the stairs and somehow I flew down the stairs and knifed him. The problem with me is that my first reaction in a gunfight is to use my gun skill, not a knife, the fact that a knife beats a gun is ridiculous.

  • Re: Two things Treyarch got right
    hyper72

    Yeah big deal 2 things right and about 50 wrong...... Been playing mw3 for the last 2weeks games play was amazing really enjoyed it hit marking and killing was faultless... So came back to blackops2 and ffs what i pile of ****. Within 5 min i was screaming at the tv. Talk about killing a game i was getting out gunned by pistols 1 on 1 with assault rifles hit marking is hit and miss,,,, getting killed and instantly get killed on respawn.... Get shot round corners,,, getting killed before i even seen an enemy.....shoot 5 or 6 shoots into enemy and die instantly...... How can they get it so wrong and not even notice... This i the first time ive not bought the dlc maps and thank the shyt i didnt waste my money like so many fools have.