1 2 3 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Apr 27, 2013 5:51 PM by BallSlapper RSS

What do people really think of this game? No BS (Just honest opinions)

Just curious as to what people really think about this game..

• 1. Re: What do people really think of this game? No BS (Just honest opinions)
    myevo8you

I can say that it is a love/hate relationship. I LOVE the way the game was designed, the guns, the way you earn the attachments, the camo's and the titles. I HATED having to use certain attachments to unlock others. The gameplay with the way scorestreaks are handled is great, the overall feel of the game is just about right, and the maps are all pretty enjoyable.

Now let me say that I am a HC player only, I did dabble in league play for a bit, but it was just a total failure. In HC I play TDM 90% of the time, Domination 5% and KC 5%, so my experience is based of the modes I play.

There are days though that I literally have to put the controller down and walk away. It is usually the worst the day of and after a title update. The few things I dislike about it are the host selection, and when I receive host there is a VERY noticable delay when shooting people. My internet is in the upper tier of what anyone in the US can get and my search preferences are set to best. When the game starts and I see I'm host I will back out and try to re-join. The game is literally unplayable as host for me. The spawning has seemed to gotten worse as well. It was almost perfect around February-March but the recent "tweeks" they have did seem to make me spawn in the line of sight of the same enemy that just killed me. I have been spawn killed by the same person (that was moving) 4-5 times in a row in numerous matches over the past 3-4 days. I would literally die, spawn FACING AWAY FROM the direct path he was running, and get shot in the back and had this repeat a few times.

Overall I would say this game is between 3rd and 4th in my favorites of COD history. 1st being COD4, 2nd being Black Ops, 3rd being W@W, and this being 4th. MW would be there if it wasn't for the influx of queerscoping, commando lunging, shotgun secondaries, unlimited explosives, danger close, OMA, cheats/hacks/glitches/modders. MW3 will probably stay as the WORST COD I have ever played. The ONLY thing I enjoyed from that game was the HC Faceoff 3v3 and that was put in so late in the games cycle that it was too late to save it for me.

• 2. Re: What do people really think of this game? No BS (Just honest opinions)
    Rednecksniper39

I'm not going to say I love it but it is fun to just sit back and play. Sure it has it's problems but what game doesn't?

• 3. Re: What do people really think of this game? No BS (Just honest opinions)
    rankismet

Host selection and matchmaking still suck.

When the game runs smooth... it's fantastic.

Otherwise... everything myevo8you said.

• 4. Re: What do people really think of this game? No BS (Just honest opinions)
    OMFGimJOE

It could be so much better.

I want to like it, but right now the negatives outweigh the positives by alot.

• 5. Re: What do people really think of this game? No BS (Just honest opinions)
    codchamp

Honest opinon....Here it goes

The first few months i hated this game. The connection was ruining the experience. So i let it go for awhile and played Halo. After some time i gave it another shot and the connection did a complete turn around for me. I do not know what changed but i was getting much better hit markers and a lot less lag deaths.

So with that being said. I think the game is OK. Not great. There are way to many things in this game that are frustrating to say the least. Mainly matchmaking with parties, quickscoping and SMG's that should not work the way they do. Playing the game solo is the most frustrating thing to do imo.

But in the end it is just another yearly COD experieince and it will change once again in november with new complaints and issues.

• 6. Re: What do people really think of this game? No BS (Just honest opinions)

First 4 months was pretty good but now I can hardly play it, and now only get on when new maps come out.

• 7. Re: What do people really think of this game? No BS (Just honest opinions)
    gallp13

Positives

Game runs fine fr me most of the time.

balance, map design. ,Matchmaking are all very good.

graphic, soundscape are excellent for an old engine. 

Pick 10 and multitude of modes keeps the game fresh.

Prestige and gun progression was very good while it lasted.

Spawn logic is mostly ok get the old poor respawn but nothing that annoys,

Negative

was too easy to hit master prestige and max guns.

• 8. Re: What do people really think of this game? No BS (Just honest opinions)
    zingaa

Overall I like it, only exception being the core lag/hit detection, besides that I really don't have any problems with it.

• 9. Re: What do people really think of this game? No BS (Just honest opinions)
    NoLifeKing29

Still not enough HC modes, but the game has been running a lot better since I came back to it for Uprising, so thats a big positive. Spawns have regressed, and Uprising only gave us 1 great map another decent one and 2 really terrible ones, so those are the negatives, along with the pathetic HC support.

1 2 3 Previous Next