16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 12:36 PM by Izjar11 RSS

Probation

grif05

So Ive been trying to do some clan challenges, namely the one for today which is total flag captures. After attempting to play core, I discovered we can (from what Ive read) play HC and have the challenges count. This lead to some heated issues and some team killing during HC CTF games, both intentional and unintentional. After three games in a row I got probation for leaving the game early, with the warning saying I should stop quitting out. I figured ok cool 5 minutes. Ill live. Then the timer reset after the inital time. A little irritated, I waited impatiently. A few games back in, some idiot runs in front of me while I shot, and two seconds later also chases down a grenade I threw, and wham. Another probation.

I get the whole probation idea to cut down on people trying to leave the games, but this is borderline bull.

• Re: Probation
    VLN

Word of advise. Try not to team kill often if you play HC. Another thing dont try to shut off your PS and try to join a match it will reset to 5 minutes no matter how long you turn it off. When you come bak to play you will still be on probation. If placed on probation it takes 3-5 games before the probation expires and be able to make a few team kills with out being put on probation. I've been thru this BS since i only play HC.

GGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

WTF I play Hardcore and these retards run i front of me and get me kicked and then i got probation!!!!!

VLN

There are alot of people that are new to HC and dont have the slightest clue on what there doing? Some that come from Core and forget that there is friendly fiire. Some that dont know that besides 1 -2 shot kills That HC is a completly diffrent than Core,and just run around sensless. Others just do it to get  a kick out of your reactions. Like beastlydude said find a team of 5 or 6 to avoid Headaches.

grif05

See thats the thing, Ive been playing HC for years, Im not new to it. I also never quit out of a game yesterday unless forced to. Literally the last game this guy seemed intent to make me team kill him, and I was penalized for it. Its just crap that they count it as leaving a game early when it was something I couldnt control.

ghamorra

That's the very nature of HC modes, if you don't like it then don't play it.

grif05

Thats not an answer. Ive been doing HC for years and this is the first time Ive had someone do this. Why should Acti see fit to punish me for stupid people?

•  

That's the very nature of HC modes, if you don't like it then don't play it.

But its not. The nature of HC is supposed to be more realistic where you can die from a single bullet, not a nature of you have idiots chasing your grenades.

TheBeastlyDude

I think he meant that the true nature of HC is that you just don't have to worry about enemies, you gotta worry about teammates. You are looking for realistic and you got it. If you went to a game and your team is a bunch of random people off the streets, you will probably end up with people who don't know how to play, get enjoyment from harassing you and whatnots. If you go in with a team of people you set up with people who you know are good, then you will not have to worry about this as much.

ghamorra

grif05 wrote:

But its not. The nature of HC is supposed to be more realistic where you can die from a single bullet, not a nature of you have idiots chasing your grenades.

Its also realistic to die from friendly fire as well

grif05

I get that its realistic to team kill. Nature of people not paying attention means theyre likely to run thru a line of fire at the wrong time. What I DONT think is that we should get punished because of it. Its 90% unintentional.

TheBeastlyDude

So would you prefer to have it turned off so that anyone can quit because you got a good run on scorestreaks or teammates can shoot you with no consequence, just because you are not teaming up with a decent team?

While the probation system is not perfect, it was put in place because of stupid people who think stats are God and it is funny to troll. Every rule will have good and bad consequences but I think the good consequences way outweigh the negative ones.

phxs72

In MW3 you had richochet.  So everytime that you shot your teamate (or blew him up) you died.  In BO2 you don't die but you will get kicked from the lobby if you do it too much.  It's the nature of 3arch HC games.  Most people in HC appreciate that you have to be more on point in HC.  It's part of the mystic.

Izjar11

grif05 wrote:

So Ive been trying to do some clan challenges, namely the one for today which is total flag captures. After attempting to play core, I discovered we can (from what Ive read) play HC and have the challenges count. This lead to some heated issues and some team killing during HC CTF games, both intentional and unintentional. After three games in a row I got probation for leaving the game early, with the warning saying I should stop quitting out. I figured ok cool 5 minutes. Ill live. Then the timer reset after the inital time. A little irritated, I waited impatiently. A few games back in, some idiot runs in front of me while I shot, and two seconds later also chases down a grenade I threw, and wham. Another probation.

I get the whole probation idea to cut down on people trying to leave the games, but this is borderline bull.

How is it bull?

You are warned, you know that HC is not merciful and you kill your teammates (purposely or not HC doesn't care)

You do the same, repeat and question why? Cmon.

WolfRidge

https://i.chzbgr.com/maxW500/3347929600/hB2025529/