1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next 60 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 10:45 AM by SitRepPro Go to original post RSS
  • 50. Re: What do you think of target finder's?
    anoreo

Are target finders really that "godly"? Half the time the target finder doesn't even help you at all. It's nice for smoke, but dual band already covers that. I've only really found it useful on LMGs when I'm laying suppressing fire.

• 51. Re: What do you think of target finder's?
    Dforums

Log into CoD elite.  Check your stats.  I bet LMGs (which most cry about having TFs) are not anywhere near the top of your deaths list.  Check out PDW....your deaths to PDW (and other guns) probably out number all the LMGs deaths combined.  If the stats support your case, they will change it.  If not, sorry you died.  really...sorry you died

• 52. Re: What do you think of target finder's?
    SitRepPro

Dforums wrote:

Log into CoD elite.  Check your stats.  I bet LMGs (which most cry about having TFs) are not anywhere near the top of your deaths list.  Check out PDW....your deaths to PDW (and other guns) probably out number all the LMGs deaths combined.  If the stats support your case, they will change it.  If not, sorry you died.  really...sorry you died

It's probably a way to sideline LMGs in COD.  We've already seen shotguns being gimped in some games and traditional sniping isn't as prevalent in previous games.  So it looks like the AR/SMG fanboys are looking at LMGs next.  The joke is that some people say that they should be like in previous CODs, forgetting that they were actually much better in some games both in terms of weapon power and map design.  How many elevated vantage points can a heavy gunner go prone protecting objectives in the stock maps?  Can't think of any.

• 53. Re: What do you think of target finder's?
    bfoshiznab19

my view is target finders are for noobs iv played so much that i get a beter k/d ratio without any sights at all just pure iron sights

• 54. Re: What do you think of target finder's?
    amathyx

target finders are kinda dumb

but really 99% of the people that use them are terrible so it kinda evens out

if someone that is at least halfway competent gets a suppresed tf lmg in a decent headglitch then it gets kind of annoying

• 55. Re: What do you think of target finder's?
    SitRepPro

Marksman was a lot better as you wouldn't sacrifice any peripheral vision.  I generally prefer to use iron sights as I don't overly benefit from optics so I use the point on something else.  I might go back to using optics just for the XP so I can rank up quicker.  I use ACOG on sniper rifles a bit though as the maps aren't large enough to make the default scope really important.

• 56. Re: What do you think of target finder's?
    thebiindsniper

I've read most replies here, and it amazes me how most of you believe that a single attachment contributes most to a player's skill.

Again, the TF displays enemies with a cute little diamond.  You already see the guy anyway, so why is this such an overpowered feature?  And LMGs, with or without the TF, are devastating.  But again, a player's skill determines effectiveness.  Nothing more.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

• 57. Re: What do you think of target finder's?
    stonculd

I don't use the target finder, but I would rather see second chance thrown out of the game. Both are lame if you ask me, but what can you do except try and counter it?  Problem with last stand is you gotta waste an entire clip trying to kill the guy, who goes down and whips out a pistol faster than humanly possible and kills you at a ridiculous range. Also my biggest problem with target finder as well as well as sniper rifles is how fast they can ads, they are supposed to be slower, same goes for LMG's, but they aren't very slow in this game. Previous COD's anything with a scope ads' s slower not in this one. This is where it balance goes out the window. Sniper rifles are heavy cumbersome beasts not smg like in handling, lmg's are heavy as well. I don't know if this has ever been brought up, but an lmg should only be able to be hip fired unless you go prone with it, because there is no way you are going to ads on your feet with a jug or box oof rounds attached to the bottom of that sucker.

• 58. Re: What do you think of target finder's?
    SitRepPro

stonculd wrote:

I don't use the target finder, but I would rather see second chance thrown out of the game. Both are lame if you ask me, but what can you do except try and counter it?  Problem with last stand is you gotta waste an entire clip trying to kill the guy, who goes down and whips out a pistol faster than humanly possible and kills you at a ridiculous range. Also my biggest problem with target finder as well as well as sniper rifles is how fast they can ads, they are supposed to be slower, same goes for LMG's, but they aren't very slow in this game. Previous COD's anything with a scope ads' s slower not in this one. This is where it balance goes out the window. Sniper rifles are heavy cumbersome beasts not smg like in handling, lmg's are heavy as well. I don't know if this has ever been brought up, but an lmg should only be able to be hip fired unless you go prone with it, because there is no way you are going to ads on your feet with a jug or box oof rounds attached to the bottom of that sucker.

Because I can't be asked in splitting your quote up.

1. There is no Second Chance in this game.

2. LMGs ADS times are the longest in the game and they take longer to ADS than previous games.

3. Not all sniper rifles are heavy.  The SVU-AS is a bullpup configuration of the SVD and weighs only around 4kg with ammo filled, which is comparable to ARs.  I don't know of the other three SRs as I believe they are all fictitious.

4. Infantrymen of countries with respectable fitness regimes (e.g. Royal Marines of the United Kingdom) carry 30kg with no problems so an LMG shouldn't be too much to ask.

5. The scope may seem fast but I think it's the same as BO1 and it appears to be slower than in MW3 and MW2.  Plus, the other guns in this game still kill faster than how quickly a sniper can scope.

• 59. Re: What do you think of target finder's?
    stonculd

Ok you got me on second chance. I haven't played bo2 much because I was on ps3 till just a litte while ago. As far as a lmg goes look up m60 and find a picture of someone firing one upright with a box of ammo attached,  you won't it will either be with a bipod or mounted. I am sure there are people who could stand and shoot one like that but it would be just to prove it could be done. The weight makes it unrealistic to runn around with one and ads and have any kind of accuracy. Sure there are lighter sniper rifles, but most are heavy and cumbersome and also require being prone to be accurate with them. They are by no means a close quarters combat weapon that you could win a gunfight with. Just really an observation on how unrealistic a lot of the aspects of this game are. Of course when you die you don't respawn either. I like the game a lot on Xbox 360, it's fun. I am not ******** just making some observations. Oh and the reason I didn't play much while on PS3 is the lag and freezing were really bad so I returned it to Gamestop for a full refund, and we know that never happens unless there are major issues with a game.

1 3 4 5 6 7 Previous Next