1 2 3 Previous Next 54 Replies Latest reply: Apr 24, 2013 7:43 PM by boWie RSS

I thought I was a little good at this game. when...

boWie

Last night I partied up with some friends. We are all decent players (me myself got 2.6 k/d 440spm) which I found out to be pretty good! Well, not anymore after we got our @sses handed to us in a game of domination express last night. I can't blame on lagg, which is the usual factor for me to lose.. Their aim was incredible, the map knowledge, the desition making catching us off guard, in our faces all the time, we had no chance to win that game. We was behind the whole match!

Once we captured C, they took us out one by one and took it back with ease. Our whole team was widespread across the map at all times, because the other team was so good devided around the map.. I finished the game 13-17 with 9 caps. I now realize that I'm just a decent casual gamer which enjoy to win and kill noobs...

So to you guys with 1.5k/d thinking you are decent (aka good in your eyes), no, you are not good...sorry.

And to you guys saying that players or teams in MLG and stuff aren't good, seriously, get your ignorant eyes up or prove me wrong!

• 1. Re: I thought I was a little good at this game. when...
    PainofJustice

i handed your a$$ in your hands bowie remember that

• 2. Re: I thought I was a little good at this game. when...
    ladylucina

When the announcer says at the end of the game " we got our a$$es handed to us ", last night we really did get our a$$es handed to us lol.

Best opposition I have come up against so far.

I knew those level 10 guys were not noobs to the game. They were really good

• 3. Re: I thought I was a little good at this game. when...
    ghamorra

It's not hard to beat a team that's "better" than you. I've played MLG and even some Optic guys, once you make a move they don't expect and throw them off their game it's all downhill from there. Being good at this game is nothing more than luck and being able to pull off one kill to set things in motion.

I played a game of DOM and the enemy started off quickly by capping 'B' flag almost instantly. However a random on our team got Dogs out of a CP and we managed to use that as a way to push them back. These guys were really good but we destroyed them simply because we took a small opening and blew it wide open

• 4. Re: I thought I was a little good at this game. when...
    PainofJustice

PTFO lucina and you woulda won

• 5. Re: I thought I was a little good at this game. when...
    Community1234

K/D is a misleading stat.  Most people lobby shop.  They'll join the lobby, check the leaderboard, and back out if they see something they don't like.

I see this all the time when playing solo.

I join the lobby and wait while others join.  I see a guy enter who's got a 2.0+ K/D.  He sees mine and leaves.  I rarely get in lobbies with players that have over a 2.0 K/D, because everyone's trying to protect their stats. 

If I play with a clan and we all put on our clan tags, people join and leave almost immediately.  If we take off our clan tags, they join and stay.  It's pretty funny.

If you lobby shop and always play against average competition, you'll be in for a rude awakening when you get put into a game with good players.

TL;DR - Don't lobby shop.  You're only handicapping yourself in the long run.

• 6. Re: I thought I was a little good at this game. when...
    ladylucina

PainofJustice wrote:

PTFO lucina and you woulda won

Yeah you're right.

WTF was I doing with only 9 caps. I should have had at least 26.

That's it guys, it's TDM for me from now on. I can't play the obj

• 7. Re: I thought I was a little good at this game. when...
    PainofJustice

i back out when there is a party or if theres a full party with mics

having noobs on my team is enough torture

• 8. Re: I thought I was a little good at this game. when...
    PainofJustice

forget tdm you wont be able to play the objective even in that go play ffa where if you lose nobody else suffers

• 9. Re: I thought I was a little good at this game. when...
    phxs72

It's so frustrating when it happens to you but you're right.  Some teams just come out the gate so strong that it really throws you off.  I had a match the other night on Downhill and our team had just gotten to where you begin fighting over B when somebody shot us all in the back.  They had people positioned everywhere and for the life of me I couldn't move anywhere without getting shot in the back.  In fact, I was 1-8 before I got my second kill.  Eventually I got things turned around on them and started making headway kill wise but by that time the match was lost.  I ended the match 14-18 which I actually felt good about just because I knew how far in the hole I started and how good they were playing.  I got my revenge though in the next few matches and turned their tactics against them.  Fool me once, shame on you but fool me twice shame on me.

1 2 3 Previous Next