28 Replies Latest reply: Apr 25, 2013 12:19 AM by mangofish78 RSS

PTFO!!!!!!!

DeEwBoT

So sick & tired of jumping into objectice based game modes only to be stuck on a team that only wants to run around & get as many kills as they can... Go play TDM!

Either PTFO or GTFO!

• Re: PTFO!!!!!!!
    PainofJustice

NO

TheBeastlyDude

If you want a team who plays the objective, make friends and play with those who have like minded goals as you. They paid for the game and can play it however they want within Activision's and Treyarch's TOS. If they don't want to play the objective, you can't tell them what to do unless you bought their game for them. Don't expect Activision and Treyarch to set you up with playdates and go out and find your own teammates if you have such a problem with random people.

HaitianCreation

I will play however I please thank you very much.

Thesandman

I agree with the OP,but also with others,no you can't "tell" people to play the objective,but you can hope that they do. Ive lost count of the amount of games ive lost due to high KDr players wishing to boost their stats whilst ignoring the objective,

ghamorra

I'll play the objective when its worth playing. I hate getting yelled at to take 'B' when the entire enemy team is camping it out while my team feeds them kills. You have to secure the area before you can capture the flag. Something these hotheaded parties never seem to understand

phxs72

Here's a few things to think about and it's coming from an objective player who often leads both lobbies in objective captures.

1. Playing with randoms is a mixed bag.  Sometimes you are going to get people that work well together for the win and sometimes you are not.  Learn to recognize which you have early in the match and adjust your playstyle accordingly.  Trying to be superman on a team that has no intention of winning will only frustrate you more.

2. If you find yourself on a team that doesn't play the objective.  Know that there is literally nothing that you can do to salvage the win by yourself.  So take this moment to work on getting kills with whatever gun you would like to work on.  You have zero obligation to your team at this point.  So you might as well make good use of your time.

3. Once the match is over if you don't wish to keep working on your weapon of choice then find a new lobby.  Eventually you'll come across a good one and then you should stick with it for as long as it lasts.

sennalike

I play domination only and will always start every match nby playing the objective.  The only thing thing that will change me is if the rest of my team aren't.  I've lost count how many times I have been the only person capping the first flag.  My "team mates" are off running to, well nowhere half the time.  In those matches I will take a decision based on my mood.  I will either just carry on playing for kills like the rest or quit the match.  There's no point geting into a rage over it, it will continue to happen forever and a day. 

Treyarch had a master plan to encourage people to play the objective.  Like their "we are going to stop quick scoping" and other master plans, it failed.  I seem to recall Treyarch saying the game had been set up to be able to tweak points for scorestreaks and so forth.  The idea being if the game wasn't going how they intended they would do something about it.  In the first weeks they tweaked the UAV points and unless I missed something have done nothing since.  They are obviously happy that people ignore the objectives.

HaitianCreation

Theres no reason to cap the home flag, I never do, it gives me an advantage on the people running towards B and what is 50 points going to do towards a scorestreak?

festusjy

I've been playing demo lately and find a lot ignore the objectives to get their high kill streaks.  To upset them, I plant the bomb to end the round.  I don't care what their strategy is for high point, I just want to move on to finish my demo challenges.  I also get some colorful messages and shout outs over the mics that it has become a new kind of sadistic enjoyment for me. 

sennalike

I had exactly the same thing in Black Ops 1 when I was playing CTF.  I can't remember what it was but there was a challenge or something that encouraged you to play the game mode.  I seem to remember I had to bring home the flag 10 times.  I played a match where my team mates were just playing for kills and killstreaks.  I capped the flag three times first half and three times second half, despite them begging me not to, and I got torrents of abuse for it from the rest of my team.  That was the last time I played CTF.

sennalike

The really stupid thing is that the best games I have had in any CoD is when every player on both sides is playing the objective, doesn't happen very often though.  If people weren't worried about stats all the time and just played for enjoyment then it would happen a lot more.

theroc23

Dude, have you ever attempted to get a heard of cats to do anything? Same thing.

theroc23

Not to mention that most TDM players play that format more like FFA...but with teams. I often think that they do this because there's only 6 guys to worry about instead of going up against a full lobby in FFA, but what they're doing in TDM is usually not even close to "team play". Unless of course running away from a teammate that has just popped CP-Smoke as fast as you can is considered teamwork.  LOL! 

Antonius_Xylem

THANK YOU

SOMEBODY HAD TO SAY IT!!!

mangofish78

LOL!! I wish EVERYONE would play the objective in this game, but people have their own agendas, unfortunately.

The other day I played a Ground War game whereby I was the only one on my team who wasn't a sniper. It was Domination on Meltdown, so you know where this game was headed... a defeat of epic proportions!

I mean, how the hell do you win a game of Ground War domination with 8 snipers?!!