43 Replies Latest reply: Apr 26, 2013 2:18 PM by iivrruummii RSS

Please lock the engine room of Hijacked for LTDM.

Inverted-Y

You know the story...

LMG's with Target Finders and Riot Shields run to engine room and camp.

Treyarch you must know by now that teams are doing this and that there is no counter to it.

It's clear to anyone who plays League TDM that some teams even have a specific class especially for camping the engine room.

Please do think about locking the engine room so it's somewhat more of a fair fight on that map.

This is my only desire. though the general feeling among my fellow players is that League TDM would benefit from the same equipment and perk restrictions as Champions to fairly sort the wheat from the chaff a little better.

• Re: Please lock the engine room of Hijacked for LTDM.
    Rednecksniper39

You know you can throw rockets and grenades into there? There is a air shaft you can throw a grenade down that will land it right in the middle of the engine room.

NoLifeKing29

More importantly, you can just not go down there. If the entire enemy team is camping down there, let them. Don't give me excuses about how boring that would be, you are playing the most boring game mode ever, if you choose to run down there and die, its on you.

Inverted-Y

Well this is it isn't it? Smart play should always win out. I attempted in around the first three games it happened to force them out yet failed realising that I was just feeding kills. I stay in and around the spawns to try and pick up kills as the enemy respawn too. Yet there are plenty of idiots who will go down there and continue to give valuable points away.

For example in the last game I went 5 and 0 picking up spawn kills. The team down in the engine room beat us 45 to 23. Not even full points yet a win because all you need is a lead and it's maintainable from that point onwards. Believe me when I say there really is no counter to the Engine Room camper.

And yes boring it may be to you but I have a huge difficulty competing in Champions as it's full of extremely good players with much better stats, knowledge and skills than me. Yet I'm bored by public matches too because I'm just slightly too good to find a challenge or lack a team who know how to play. That leaves LTDM as a fair middle ground I can enjoy. Also it gives me a target to aim for beyond simply reaching max prestige (which I have done already) or diamond guns.

And to be fair most games are good fun. It's just Hijacked' engine room that presents a serious problem.

Zorro1267

Get players who are willing to camp with you and then you can bore the campers out of their hiding spot.  Having the right players who agree to play for the good of the team is important.

Inverted-Y

Indeed it is important and helps a great deal. Just wish I could find enough players around my level who are on at the same times and we all get along with etc. I've been running a clan now since founding it in MW3 and have found only 2 other players that I'm confident in playing with and who play with me regularly. Making friends in COD is pretty hard as many players just want to sound off some horrific abuse or are simply incompatible to the team.

Perhaps I could find a few more players outside of the game in the clans section here?

ab36

But wouldn't it be basically over as soon as the other team got a lead in the beginning though? They could get one kill, and all run down there, and you wouldn't be able to get them out, which is the whole issue. Not going down there only means the game would basically end 0-1 (just an example). Very cheap of the other team, I didn't even know about this. Maybe just stick to Champions series lol Or dashboard if this map comes up in the lobby, as soon as it does (so it shouldn't start the game thinking you're still there)

Inverted-Y

I'm pretty much graduating to Champions now anyway I think. We just need a fourth dedicated player to join our currently 3 man team. I expect we'll be able to fight it out for first place in Gold or maybe even Platinum should we find our fourth man. We're good on call outs and anchoring, spawn prediction and map control etc but we're not quite good enough to coax a master into playing with us. It's tough to find someone who is happy to reach 1st in gold with us. We're realistic but so many are not and only want to be in a rank 1 Master team it seems.

The biggest problem for me is when I'm on my own. Champions is way too hard without a coherent team so League TDM is sincerely the best mode right now as it presents an achievable goal (1st place) and better players more consistently. But try calling "weak in blue bridge" or "Two by jets one under stealth" in a game of randoms. The replies are often hilarious! :-)

Oh well. I made it to rank 2 Platinum this season which for a dude approaching 40 ain't too shabby I think. Perhaps I'll have more fun on Hijacked in Champions Hardpoint from the new season onwards?

P.S. You're dead right too as even a 1 kill lead is all they require. It gets very frustrating. But I'm damned if I'll quit games just because of something which could so easily be fixed. Besides the fact leaving the team to secure my own advantage is not at all sportsman like.

trialstardragon

You get probation for doing that. the moment the map is chose and locked in even if you do not spawn in but leave it will give you probation for leaving the match early.

trialstardragon

No need for them to lock or block it off. Just do not go there. Tell your teammates to do the same. Do not go there and feed them any kills and then just wait until they come out of there. If your team gets a few kills and gets positive and they go there, stay out and let them loose, might be a long boring game waiting for the timer to run out, but they will not get the enjoyment they were after either.

Restore_Hardcore

Strategy works and I have flushed out the engine room campers but if you are on a team with idiots you'll lose cause they'll just feed the enemy kills lol! Embrace the challenge, good campers are more fun to kill than zombie rushers. Try camping a bit too using strategy and you'll piss someone off enough to post a thread like this.

Izjar11

They should simply sink that map into the ocean....

JSlayer211

LOL this brings back months old memories as I complained about this same crap a couple months ago.

What I came up with was simple solution of fighting fire with fire. It takes a six man team to combat a six man team btw. Normally teams that camp this whole team crap cannot be defeated by randoms. Either way, you have the whole map and time in the world to setup and destroy them.

Have 3 guys on each entry way. 2 with shields 1 w/ trophies x 2. Shielders drop down first, 3rd man drops trophies behind em and they proceed around the corner blocking the fire as 3rd man guns em down with the most OP weap he has with FMJ on it, I would suggest MK48 as you will need to avoid the reloads and pump high damage with good accuracy.

With two teams of 3 pushing in on them at the same time with like skill levels, it could blast them out of the hole quickly and then you setup shop instead of them and let them try their hand at taking it from you.

gomez615

There's no reason to close the doors when that air shaft is there. If the team is camping down there you can have your entire team throwing nades down the shaft and they'll die eventually. I never knew about it either. It'll be nice for HQ and Hardpoint.

Inverted-Y

This would work fine but for the Trophy System counter and the fact that the nades drop into the middle between the two turbines/engines so anyone either side isn't touched. It's also typical for teams to have flack jacket on so no matter what they can survive two grenades at the very least.

A far more effective strategy to it is the one mentioned by JSlayer211 but even this isn't fool proof and will require a full team with a class set specifically for this type of play.

BTW just went negative against a full team of master and platinum ranked players doing the same thing on Standoff. It's tantamount to boosting for LTDM and should be stopped in my opinion.

League TDM should (I think) be a show of skill for the individual as the ranking is shown as such. And in that sense riot shields and target finders, ghost and hardline etc should be removed from play much as they are in Champions league. Why? Because there are currently players of inadiquate skill sitting in high positions within their division who have achieved this by doing nothing but sitting in a spawn waiting to pull the trigger at a red square.

Honestly do you think it's likely any of those guys could get a MOAB in MW3 by man and gun skill alone? Or by camping as hard as possible? I don't.

So then why can they get to top ten masters in league play?

Ah maybe I'm just sore that I've spent years learning skills which I attempt to put into play every game that are now defunct. Hard work and dedication spoilt by gameplay my Nan could succeed with.

Anyway on to Champions soon and what many consider to be the real challenge of skill in this game. Can't wait!

(Font size not intentional)

All they gotta do is make where EMP Grenades and Black Hats affect the Deployed Assault Shield or they can re-nerf it and bam this kind of camping isn't a problem anymore.

ge0rdiemark

This is also a problem wherever there is a small room with only 1 or 2 entry points in TDM

Suck as engine room on Hijacked or the control upper room on hijacked where there are 2 doors and the worm type players sit with assualt shields and shotguns or HAMR.

Also the upstairs roofs on Plaza - same problem witha  few guys sitting there behind shields with flack jacket and tac mask and pointing at the 2 climb entry points.

These maps are just bad design, planting the shield is just bad design, having campers in a room facing 1 or 2 doorways that you cannot shoot throuygh the walls is just bad design.

Only solution is 3arc to fix the map or prevent shield plants in these locations.....

Tick7

Let's lock down one of the biggest flanking/stealth routes on one of the most popular maps in the game?

Yeah - no thanks.

iivrruummii

There are bigger issues than people camping in the engine room in LP.