22 Replies Latest reply: Apr 23, 2013 7:47 AM by Houdnik RSS

So many snipers!!!

xMORRlSx

1/3 of the of  the people playing seem to be snipers, all with a tac insert... seriously ruining the game... well for me personally!

Why are there so many?

Is it just me joining what seems to be sniper lobbies or has everyone become obsessed with the sniper?

• Re: So many snipers!!!
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

Maybe because they got bored of the auto rifles?

Danshed

I've noticed this too. I personally think its because snipers have great advantages because of the OP secondary weapons.

Think about it. Someone is long range.....bam..dead. Then when they get in close switch to your kap40 dual wield and bam. Same again. Plus your everyday quickscopers as well add to it.

Yeah it is fun to use a sniper. But I think they turned snipers from balanced (personally) in black ops 1. To the got to have weapon of choice in black ops 2

Cablez

Probably because Quickscoping is so easy, why use a gun that you need to get half a dozen shots on target when you can use a sniper rifle that's a one shot kill 8/10 times with not much aiming required...

WKMMS

I assume you mean in ground war where every lobby seems to be a sniper lobby these days... Hardly see anyone sniping in any other modes...

xMORRlSx

Yeah, should of put that in... I'm only really play ground war.

WKMMS

It's can be really tough playing against a room full of snipers because you have to deal with that OHK around almost every corner.  Ground War is an awful place to be sometimes because it'll put 18 players on a small map like studio and 12 of them will be snipers with tac inserts looking to hit clips.  I've found myself playing against a lot of guys from FaZe and Darth and Team Focus in the last few nights. 

These guys know the spawns and where to position themselves and have the reflexes and accuracy to cause you a lot of problems no matter what set up you run or how good you are.  It's hard to get the drop on 6 snipers and even if you do they're like jack-in-the-boxes and you're being shot in the back of the head before you know it. I love sniping but even I get tired of that sort of match really quickly.

I much prefer the 6v6 because of this.  Teams tend to be much more balanced with different weapon classes and playstyles.  Maybe you'd have more enjoyment in Reg Dom/KC/TDM.

SitRepPro

If they're not using Dual Band then use smoke grenades and then may be an LMG with Dual Band yourself, or Target Finder if they don't run Cold Blooded.

WKMMS

both sound tactics... My personal issue though is not that I have difficulty dealing with a room full of snipers per se - I was actually quite surprised to discover that my sniping/quickscoping skills were up to par with a lot of these guys from the well known sniper teams and I was well able to hold my own and even managed to hit what would apparently have been considered "clips", if I were the sort who recorded gameplay. 

My problem is that none of my friends will ever play on core anymore since they started playing HC.  Therefore, anytime I'm in a core mode I'm always lone wolfiing.  I just find playing that when playing with randoms in ground war it can be a very "sweaty" experience trying to do well when none of your team seem to want to play the objective or pick up tags. TDM isn't so bad, but objective modes and small maps are frustrating after a while and that's why I much prefer the 6v6 because there's a bit more room to breathe and it's a bit more of a chilled out experience. 

Limp-Roost3r

I have personally sniped since CoD 3, If anything sniping has went downhill in Bo2, almost everyone i see complaining about OP snipers simply do not understand how to react to one....

SitRepPro

xMORRlSx wrote:

1/3 of the of  the people playing seem to be snipers, all with a tac insert... seriously ruining the game... well for me personally!

Why are there so many?

Is it just me joining what seems to be sniper lobbies or has everyone become obsessed with the sniper?

Why are there so many ARs and SMGs?

ghamorra

Sniping is painfully easy in this game. At first I thought it was hard because I played like a true sniper and lined up each shot. I never hit my target even when I was center mass with each shot. I gave up for a while but a few weeks ago I tried again. This time I didn't care where I aimed. I would scope in while moving my crosshairs and just pull the trigger. I got so many more kills not lining up my shots.

The hit detection on snipers is awful

vims1990

I think more variety in weapons is a good thing.

One thing I've noticed from certain YouTube commentators is complaining about players using snipers, LMG's and shotguns whilst they are using the same weapons i.e. SMG's.

I've got nothing against SMG's but I do like some variety in what players use rather than sticking to the same classes.

It could also be that players have finished reaching diamond camo on the other classes and want to rank up their snipers as well.

dtuchpunk

Snipers? Which I found some more. So they would vote for carrier. Wanted carrier for a few hours playing to get some longshots challenges. Carrier best map for it. But nobody wanted. Until a lobby with a lot of "snipers"

biron_w

I think Cablez has the answer spot on.

Sniping and QSing is too easy in this game. Treyarch should have left sniping how it was in Blops 1.

indy56

Been using the sniping and pistol classes myself quite a lot, having finally done all LMGs, SMGs Assault rifles, and Rocket Launchers i thought i would try the challanges of the few classes i hate the most, however i draw the line at the knife,Riot Sheild and crossbow,will not entertain those whatsoever,so if you come across a sniper looking very awkward and pretty crap thats me, and if i happen to shot you sorry, must have been one of those lag free lucky games,lol dont use the Tac insertion, however running with engineer and emp grenades they dont fair well much when i see them,

deucedouglas

I just started going for diamond snipers not too long ago and can't wait to be done with them. It's boring, way too easy, and I just can't stand it. I used the SVU in hardcore and had it gold in the same day. I hardly ever sniped in MW3 for the same reason. Until they make sniping more difficult or some maps almost specifically designed for sniping, I doubt I'll ever touch Sniper Rifles again.

zachsharp

DSR is the most used gun in the game.  If that doesn't say something about the state of sniper rifles I don't know what does.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

I say the gun that killed you most is the most used gun in the game. It's the Peacekeeper, mate.

Houdnik

That is probably the most rediculous thing I've heard all day. Care to share what sources you have for that statement?  

Mr. Run N Gun sounds a bit more on target, although you can't simply look at what gun has killed "you" the most to determine the most used gun in the game.  (it's probably the peacekeeper though...)

zachsharp

DSR passes the eye test for most used gun.  There isn't a game that goes by where someone isn't sniping me from 5 feet away.  And most used doesn't necessarily mean most kills.  I would say most time equipped.