21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2013 5:29 AM by Izjar11 RSS

CoD Franchise just gets worse.

BaxterUK__

I've been playing call of duty since the very first came out in 2003 (I think), I've always been a huge fan but I have to say, Theres nothing in it for me anymore due to several reasons. It seems as though the makers now are just feeding the "New to FPS Shooters" players Rather than letting them learn the learning curve and listening to the other half of the community who've been loyal fans since day 1. I dont mean to rant, and i know theres a lot of other complaints being thrown around about this game, And MW3 but come on, What are the developers thinking?

Anyways, I pretty much instantly stopped playing this game about a week after the release, the same as I did MW3. After months of not playing, I finally thought I'd give it another shot yesterday and it seems as though the game has gotten worse as people have progressed in unlocking new stuff.

Killstreaks - Why award someone who put so little effort into a 7 gun killstreak, Probably camping or playing with a clan with a helicoper that will then reward them with another 10 kills they do not deserve? I ask this question, Is this a First person shooter or a game that promotes the computer to do the work for you? And mistake me if Im wrong, They havent even added a Barebones mode so pretty much every game I enter i get merked by killstreaks because my team cant hold their own.

Lethals - Im tired of joining games, Dying then spawning on top of a grenade somebody has thrown across the map randomly, This is a reoccuring problem because the maps are so small and tight, theres nowhere else for them to land. Now lets speak about bouncing betties, a majority of the community disliked claymores in Black ops 2, Because they were hard to spot when rushing and hardcore camping material for people sitting at windows in 1 entry rooms, Once again developers did not listen and invented the "Bouncing betty" that can be thrown 20 feet? and is instant kill. Im tired of having a gunfight with someone for them to just randomly throw a bouncing betty at my foot without knolage then moving an inch and it blowing me up. Not to mention nearly every body uses them, I must get killed by them 3-4 times a game.. hell yesterday I got killed by them 3 times in a row. Once again, Is this a shooter game or a "Let the computer do the work" for you game?

"Lag compensation" - Now Im not going to pretend I know a whole lot about this, But I've been told by numerous people what it is, Its annoying to put a whole clip of bullets into people and get hitmarkers everytime for them to turn around and blast you with 2-3 bullets and kill you. Then you watch the killcam and it shows that they arent even effected by your bullets at all. Again, Why punish players because people are too tight to get a decent internet connecton? Why does lag compensation even exist?

Clans - We all know clans dominate every game due to good coordination, But seriously, all i want to do, Like many other players in the community is have a nice, fair game of TDM or KK without joining a lobby full of high ranked clan members who go on to dominate you, and the rest of the solo lobby with high end killstreaks. Is this really fair? And this is pretty much every lobby I join, how about putting parties up teams against each other and let solo players play against each other more? I know theres the mercanery moshpit, But who really wants to play all those crappy game modes? Everybody loves TDM or Kill Confirmed, Maybe a Mercanery TDM like In black ops and MW3? Give the solo players a chance. It doesnt make you good to dominate a bunch of solo players.

Theres so much more that I can list, But I dont think you guys would even want to read what I've wrote so far, Let alone more.

Anyways guys, Feel free to have your say, Or flame or whatever you plan on doing on this thread, Just wanted to have my say, Im entitled to that, right?

Thanks.

• Re: CoD Franchise just gets worse.
    TMBI

100% agreed. Made the same experiences, started with CoD4 and ended with BO2.

I´ve sold BO2 10 days ago - and I truly do not regret this decision!

The devs do not listen to their steady customers who almost became CoD-Fans a long time ago.

They treat them like "stupid cash-machines" - instead of fixing main game-bugs.

I am fed up (because I am old enough to deny to feed those ***holes) - and I will only return to CoD if the next CoD is really able to convince me all the way!

As I can read here: You and me are not alone. The amount of utterly disappointed fans is becoming a crowd. I hope they will notice by decreasing sales of the DLCs!

Regards from Germany,

Tobias

YourAverageRusher675

I agree on EVERYTHING you said. Plus I leave whenever my team is up against a clan. My team will get butt raped by Swarms, K9 Units, and that damn Orbital VSAT. But I still play Black Ops 1 and its so much better. Theres barely lag when I play Bo1 if any. In my opinion, I preffered killstreaks instead of ScoreStreaks. Thing is it was my mistake buying the Season Pass so its my fault for that. The Season Pass is the only reason why I didn't return this game.

Barthanatos

BaxterUK__ wrote:

It seems as though the makers now are just feeding the "New to FPS Shooters" players Rather than letting them learn the learning curve <snip> What are the developers thinking?

The game seems to be designed so that people who are bad can enjoy it, as well as people who are good. The cost of the previous is a reduction in the latter - but how do you get good if you are too frustrated to play enough? Sure, maybe those people don't "deserve" to do well from a skill perspective, but they worked at something to pay for the game, and it is after all a game, so they deserve to enjoy what they pay for. The alternative is to attempt to put all the bad players together, but this has other negative consequences - people intentionally deleveling so they can beat up on terrible players, and good players having to try-hard every single game just to get a marginal victory. I accept the route these developers chose.

BaxterUK__ wrote:

Killstreaks - Why award someone who put so little effort into a 7 gun killstreak, Probably camping or playing with a clan with a helicoper that will then reward them with another 10 kills they do not deserve?

Helicopters average 3 to 4 kills. If your team is dying more than that, they have it coming. Stingers/Blind Eye, use them.

BaxterUK__ wrote:

Lethals - Im tired of joining games, Dying then spawning on top of a grenade somebody has thrown across the map randomly, This is a reoccuring problem because the maps are so small and tight, theres nowhere else for them to land.

Flak Jacket.

BaxterUK__ wrote:

Once again developers did not listen and invented the "Bouncing betty" that can be thrown 20 feet? and is instant kill. Im tired of having a gunfight with someone for them to just randomly throw a bouncing betty at my foot without knolage then moving an inch and it blowing me up. Not to mention nearly every body uses them, I must get killed by them 3-4 times a game.. hell yesterday I got killed by them 3 times in a row. Once again, Is this a shooter game or a "Let the computer do the work" for you game?

Again, Flak Jacket. Ducking also avoids damage - prone is not necessary. If they stop to throw a Betty during a gunfight, you should be shooting them to death. Engineer helps you detect the static ones, and also delays the trigger time of the Betty - the trigger time which was patched to be longer than when the game came out. If you rush around mindlessly, without using appropriate perks to counter Betties, you get what you earned.

BaxterUK__ wrote:

"Lag compensation" - Now Im not going to pretend I know a whole lot about this, But I've been told by numerous people what it is, Its annoying to put a whole clip of bullets into people and get hitmarkers everytime for them to turn around and blast you with 2-3 bullets and kill you. Then you watch the killcam and it shows that they arent even effected by your bullets at all. Again, Why punish players because people are too tight to get a decent internet connecton? Why does lag compensation even exist?

If lag compensation did not exist, the gameplay would look like this:

BaxterUK__ wrote:

Clans - We all know clans dominate every game due to good coordination, But seriously, all i want to do, Like many other players in the community is have a nice, fair game of TDM or KK without joining a lobby full of high ranked clan members who go on to dominate you, and the rest of the solo lobby with high end killstreaks. Is this really fair? And this is pretty much every lobby I join, how about putting parties up teams against each other and let solo players play against each other more? I know theres the mercanery moshpit, But who really wants to play all those crappy game modes? Everybody loves TDM or Kill Confirmed, Maybe a Mercanery TDM like In black ops and MW3? Give the solo players a chance. It doesnt make you good to dominate a bunch of solo players.

I don't see high-end killstreaks in TDM. You could play SnD if you really don't want to see high streaks. Is it fair for people who party up to win? Yes, of course. They spent more effort, and get better results. That is pretty much the definition of "fair". I have made the effort to fill my friend's list on PS3 with BO2 players, and therefore I am regularly in a party of 6 or 9. Oftentimes we have a party of nine, and another group with 5 more people in it. I think you would enjoy playing immensely more if you did the same.

I hope my persective on your problems allows you to have more fun playing the game. Cheers.

______

Assault Shield - Full-length gameplays and commentary: http://youtube.com/ElysMustache

TMBI

Barthanatos wrote:

BaxterUK__ wrote:

It seems as though the makers now are just feeding the "New to FPS Shooters" players Rather than letting them learn the learning curve <snip> What are the developers thinking?

The game seems to be designed so that people who are bad can enjoy it, as well as people who are good. The cost of the previous is a reduction in the latter - but how do you get good if you are too frustrated to play enough? Sure, maybe those people don't "deserve" to do well from a skill perspective, but they worked at something to pay for the game, and it is after all a game, so they deserve to enjoy what they pay for. The alternative is to attempt to put all the bad players together, but this has other negative consequences - people intentionally deleveling so they can beat up on terrible players, and good players having to try-hard every single game just to get a marginal victory. I accept the route these developers chose.

Bullshit! I utterly contradict to your terms!

A good game never tries to balance different player-skills by harming their connection to the game!

This is crap!

"There is no "Lag-Compensation"? Are you serious? If you get 0.5 seconds disadvantage to your opponents every match or every second match, this means: The game-server is manipulating your connection to the game!

If you get better gameplay with an poor internet-connection than with an pretty perfect one, there are some influences by the game-code/game-servers!

To deny that, is simply dumb!

I´ve played CoD BO2 for almost 300hrs before I decides to sell it. I´ve played MW3 for over 600hrs...

and BO1 for over 200hrs...same with MW2 and MW1.

I had to do the "learning curve" to improve my skills - and this was challenging, fun and finally brought me some new friends...

BO2 was designed to kill your fun and steal your money and time.

Get it dude: This CoD is absolutely utterly crap!

It does not matter if you play in an Clan or for your own if you can not succeed because of LAG and connection/lag-comp!

Barthanatos

TMBI wrote:

Bullshit! I utterly contradict to your terms!

A good game never tries to balance different player-skills by harming their connection to the game!

This is crap!

First of all, when I said that the game was designed to allow bad players to do well, I was not referring to anything involving connection quality. One example of what I was talking about: the guns have a very low time-to-kill, in the neighborhood of .2 seconds. This disallows someone's reaction time from saving them when someone else has the drop on them. It is very possible for a bad player to kill a good player. Hunter-Killer drones are another example of allowing bad players some degree of success. Any element of randomness in the game allows bad players to have occasional good results. The Care-Package is another example of what I was referring to.

TMBI wrote:

"There is no "Lag-Compensation"? Are you serious?

Where did I say this? I linked to a video of someone playing a MODIFIED VERSION OF COD4, demonstrating what gameplay would be like without lag-compensation (awful). Black Ops 2 has lag-compensation. I don't know how to be more clear about this. If you don't understand the value of lag-compensation, then I submit you are ignorant on the subject, or think that lag-compensation is something that it is not.

In summary, I have no idea what you're on about.

TMBI

You do know that CoD4 allows you to modify match-settings in private-matches?

Ok, I watched the video and I cleary can say:

1st: The guy with the shotgun really aims badly...

2nd: He does with pistol as well...

3rd: i can not detect any lag there...

But: In BO2 it´s all about a not proper working connection to the game. This has been reported and proofed by several players and forum-members here since month and month!

In MW3 you can see people have a bad connection - and they mostly have an clear disadvantage because of their connection. In BO2 they don´t!

Sure, it is annoying if you can not succeed in CoD because of you poor internet-connection - but it can not be like this if you have an almost perfect internet-access!

Believe me: You can handle better with people who have a shitty connection if you can see they have a shitty connection! In BO2 you almost can not see that they have a bad connection - and even worse: They can still shoot you with one shot but you will need a full mag of hitmarkers...

In MW3 it´s been opposite. They needed unnumbered hits to kill you...

I´ve driven thousands of kilometers/miles in GT5 with people from all over the world - and LAG nearly did not exist! You can fight wheel by wheel without causing accidents...even if your opponent is coming from Japan while you´re in Europe...

The only fact of "poor" driving experience is NAT. If it´s strict or moderate than LAG appears...sometimes...

Barthanatos

TMBI wrote:

3rd: i can not detect any lag there...

Thank you for letting me know that you are a troll and are not worth having future discussions with.

Well the silly part is that my BO2 looks like that everytime I play it with amazing internet.  I run 30down 5up and a ping of 71 from North Dakota to Florida

Raketti

Sometimes it really does, there are people skipping around the map all game long.. Even in TDM that has the highest player count so you would think that you wouldn't be matched with someone who has like a 500ms ping to the host... But it happens all the time.

One thing i also don't understand, is why the hell anyone insists on playing with that kind of connection because that cannot be fun.

Raketti

Watch the 3 videos linked in this thread and maybe you get a better undrstanding what lag compensation is:

http://community.callofduty.com/thread/200663544?start=0&tstart=0 ..The vids are not perfect, but for someone who is clueless about lag comp it might be better to watch them instead of reading a wall of text.

Lag compensation is needed, you simply don't understand what it is. The lag issues in BO2 are mostly caused by poor matchmaking and occasionally by poor host selection, not by lag compensation.

By the way BO1 and MW3 both lag like ****, that maybe is not your experience but many people had and continue to have extensive lag issues in those games too.

ashbashbluesfanPSN

I agree with almost everything, spot on.

I however do still enjoy this game, I mostly play solo either TDM,CTF or Domination and I do well most games even if my team causes us to lose.

I've never found much of a problem with clans, I've yet to play against a full party 6 person clan team it's normally 2 or 3 with the same tag, which don't really pose a threat, although I played previous games with my own clan and dominated public games to an unreasonable extent as well as dominated the Gamebattles Team EU Ladder so for that reason I do believe that mercenary modes should be there for the option.

I do disagree with the scorestreak comment, taking into account suicides and rage quiting the average K/D ratio should be somewhere between 1 and 1.10, in this game kills don't contribute as much towards air support as it's score based, so it's harder in black ops 2 to get a VTOL than it was a Chopper Gunner in MW2 for example or any other COD game. So for the average 1ish K/D player it might take them 12 or more lives before they achieve a VTOL Warship at the very least which isn't a big problem also all of the killstreaks can either be hacked, avoided with blind eye, avoided with cold blooded and easily destroyed with an anti-air weapon. Having a class with blind eye, cold blooded, a black hat and an anti-aircraft launcher will solve all of your scorestreak problems.

Barthanatos

ashbashbluesfanPSN wrote:

also all of the killstreaks can either be hacked, avoided with blind eye, avoided with cold blooded and easily destroyed with an anti-air weapon. Having a class with blind eye, cold blooded, a black hat and an anti-aircraft launcher will solve all of your scorestreak problems.

VSAT/EMP/Dogs say, "Hi".

______

Assault Shield - Full-length gameplays and commentary: http://youtube.com/ElysMustache

ab36

VSATs and EMPs can be countered to a degree, most players don't really counter them though but then again the barely counter anything. VSATs: CUAVs, EMP grenades (I was actually surprised at how frustrating the EMP grenades were while I had VSATs up, since they last so long!), etc. EMPs: Hardwired. Not much to do about Dogs other than to go climb up somewhere lol But even the Dogs aren't as powerful as they were in Black Ops 1.

HaitianCreation

I agree with you CoD isn't the best game but most everything that you listed has a counter.

Bouncing Betties: Engineer or Flak Jacket are must haves in this game, the FJ Tac Mask combo nullifys peoples bouncing betties shock charge combos. Also you have to have some map knowledge to know that people are going to put betties by the stairs by camp spots or on objectives.

Choppers: Killstreaks can actually be pretty inconsistent in this game. Like when I used sentry guns i could get anything from 0 to 7 kills, when I use the K9 unit I get anything from 4 to 9 kills, usually on th elower end of that, when I call in a swarm I get anything from 5 to 13. The stealth choppers are avoided by not going outside or having an air support class. In my pursuit of gold launchers I have an anti air support class that i switch to whenever i die by air support.

Clans: Clans can be problematic, if I'm running solo I'll usually back out, i'f I'm running in a party we'll usually put up a good fight, a easy counter to clans is to get in a party with people that you know and have mics. If you can communicate just like they do, you aren't at that big of a disadvantage.

BeastingPro

I concur

PRiDE

I have one answer...The developers were drunk when they made this.

InstantOG

i dont have understand all these problems you guys complain about they never bother me that much.

IndyOldGuy

I would add snipers rifles with NO sway, and little to no recoil

For me the game works most of the time, perfect, never. for the most part everything there is to use in game there is also a counter for it. If your load out fails you all the time its time to change it up and will it work every match you play..no

My only hope is that when the ps4 comes out it will some how bring new life to COD..with the help of activisions new game engine they say they have...

side note: Watch dogs is looking pretty good. Its a toss up between black flag and watch dogs.

milo-iq

You say you gave up after a week, I think this says more about you than the game.

Izjar11

Theres nothing in it for me anymore due to several reasons. It seems as though the makers now are just feeding the "New to FPS Shooters" players Rather than letting them learn the learning curve and listening to the other half of the community who've been loyal fans since day 1. I dont mean to rant, and i know theres a lot of other complaints being thrown around about this game, And MW3 but come on, What are the developers thinking?

You have to understand this game has grown, its grown allot and the corporation who owns it wants more profits. They need to introduce new customers for the franchise to continue, they can't make the game more difficult for them.

My question: Why do you think this game should play like previous titles?

Anyways, I pretty much instantly stopped playing this game about a week after the release, the same as I did MW3.

This is one of those things I find curious about repeated sentences like this one. Why do players continue purchasing the game, after game, after game even though they perfectly know they wont like it?

Killstreaks - Why award someone who put so little effort into a 7 gun killstreak, Probably camping or playing with a clan with a helicoper that will then reward them with another 10 kills they do not deserve? I ask this question, Is this a First person shooter or a game that promotes the computer to do the work for you? And mistake me if Im wrong, They havent even added a Barebones mode so pretty much every game I enter i get merked by killstreaks because my team cant hold their own.

Is this an argument or an excuse? This paragraph is confusing.

Lethals - Im tired of joining games, Dying then spawning on top of a grenade somebody has thrown across the map randomly, This is a reoccuring problem because the maps are so small and tight, theres nowhere else for them to land. Now lets speak about bouncing betties, a majority of the community disliked claymores in Black ops 2, Because they were hard to spot when rushing and hardcore camping material for people sitting at windows in 1 entry rooms, Once again developers did not listen and invented the "Bouncing betty" that can be thrown 20 feet? and is instant kill. Im tired of having a gunfight with someone for them to just randomly throw a bouncing betty at my foot without knolage then moving an inch and it blowing me up. Not to mention nearly every body uses them, I must get killed by them 3-4 times a game.. hell yesterday I got killed by them 3 times in a row. Once again, Is this a shooter game or a "Let the computer do the work" for you game

First you do not have to join games that are on going, spectate and leave. I've only seen this "grenade" issue in Nuketown and that is a relatively new map on rotation. How can you not see a bouncing betty being thrown at you?

Im going to stop there, players who share your sentiments about the game should really just stop. Why frustrate yourself any further, its clear the game was not designed for some, you just have to accept you're one of them.

Good luck gaming,