23 Replies Latest reply: Apr 20, 2013 2:20 AM by i_m_c01 RSS

Black Ops 2 - Perhaps the worst CoD yet!

AUTiger93x

I've given the game a chance.  I've learned the maps.  I have the best Internet connection available.  I am an above average player in all of the other Call of Duty games.  With that said, why is it that Black Ops 2 lets me down time after time.  It has very poor consistency and can change on a dime.  A gun can work perfectly for a few matches and in an instant, it couldn't kill someone even if they were standing still.  The connection issues make this game unplayable.  Sure there are good days, but not that often.  For something I consider a serious hobby, this game is driving me away from the CoD series.  Doesn't Activision read some of these posts?  Is it a fixable game?  I'd say no to both questions.  Treyarch came up with some good ideas and made some pretty good maps, but that means nothing if constant lag ruins the game.  I see these updates and patches that do everything but address the real issue.  Why?  Because they can't fix it, that's why.  I hope that Infinity Ward comes out with something better next time up.  I think they did a better job with previous CoDs.  If you disagree, fine, but explain why you disagree.  If you don't experience lag then kudos to you.  For the rest of us, it simply sucks.

• Re: Black Ops 2 - Perhaps the worst CoD yet!

I honestly almost never lag, are your search preferences  set tobest? This is actually my second favorite of all time, after cod4. League play to me is the best thing that's ever been put into this game.it gives meaning trying to communicate and work instead of pub stomp. But yeah I never lag and I live in New Orleans,which you wouldn't think would have a good connection

Izjar11

This thread is repeated multiple times, during all other past titles, strangely with similar wording. The game cannot please you, then stop playing.

If its the worse then so be it, move on. If latency in the game is resulting in you not having "fun" then find something else. We all have had our share of a bad video game, mine was Tekken 6, terrible everything and I returned the game with no regret.

AUTiger93x

Sorry izjar11, I'm not going to let it go.  I'll move on when the next one comes out.  I love the series, just not this game.  You will probably see another rant from me again.  If everyone kept quiet, then nothing would ever change.  It's a genuine hobby of mine...

Yep, good feedback.

This game sucks and it's unplayable for a big part of the community who get ignored.

I do signifcantly better on average ping averages compared to fast / low averages (same cables different speed settings to get the average ping averages). Of course that's somehow fair. It's far less constant on a low ping average.

Game sucks do to A the retarded sbmm system, worst MM system of all cods yet B The compensation system which is flawed, worse than blops1 and even mw3 was much better especially now.

The game it's is a big step down from mw3. Blops1 was much better as wel, even though being slower paced.

Izjar11

AUTiger93x wrote:

Sorry izjar11, I'm not going to let it go.  I'll move on when the next one comes out.  I love the series, just not this game.  You will probably see another rant from me again.  If everyone kept quiet, then nothing would ever change.  It's a genuine hobby of mine...

I understand what your saying, I do not understand why continue playing this one? You have the other titles, play those.

Playing this one, expecting similar outcomes is just mad. Just my two cents, its shame your not enjoying it.

Try other modes, try mixing your class set upside down, what you normally would play with do the total opposite.

BeastingPro

When it is rated overall I agree. When it doesn't lag I disagree. I'm 50/50

Stop you guys, David Vonderhaar is very sensitive, don't make him come in here and cry about PS3 users hating him again.

BuddyVA

I feel your frustration. While connection issues plague this game, I still manage to have a lot of fun.

phxs72

Lag is an issue but more often than not for me, I find mismatches in guns/strategy can be far worse.  Last night for instance, I was playing CTF on Aftermath.  I started the game with a PDW.  That didn't work.  For some reason I couldn't win even head to head gunfights.  So I switched to a Skorpion thinking the higher firerate should fix my problem.  Well that didn't work either and at that point I was 0-10.  I just about backed out of the game but then I decided well why not try an AR since the SMGs aren't working for me and I've already been killed by everything from a pistol up.  The AR finally got me killing again.  By everything that I knew the SMGs should have been a better fit but it took an AR to get things back on track.  I don't remember my final ratio but I do remember that I ended that match with the top score out of both lobbies.  So I must have made a pretty substantial comeback.  I don't know what it is that makes certain guns hot and others cold sometimes but if you're willing to experiment sometimes you can find the right combo to turn things around despite what seems to be insurmountable odds.

Hells_Hawk

And before black ops2 is was Mw3 and before that Black ops one and before that.. well you get my point.

This will also become one of the best Cod games after the next one comes out.

Gmister14

i honestly dont agree. change serch prefrences to best. before you go into match, press square then change prefrances to best. the reason for thls is lag comp. look it up on youtube

domgalmem

same here dude...just given up!

your right the game is full of inconsistencies as well as entirely too much lag .im gathering that you play core games while myself im a hard core player and theres no way i should be able to only get hit markers while playing hard core games and using assault rifles i shoot first get 2 or 3 hit markers and end up dead only to get a 25 pt assist later. but hey at least GAYARCH didnt take any game modes away from you guys

It seems to be ok for now regarding the lag, but MW3 started off this way then gradually became unplayable due to insta kills against me.

There have only been a few games in this where it's been totally pointless trying to pull the trigger.

It seems poor in regards to maps though, despite the BS kills in MW3 I've always favoured the MW series over BlOps.

Just seems like despite all the money they make, they barely put any effort into making anything new for the game.

TMBI

AUTiger I agree with 100% of your summary!

It has been the same experience than I made with BO2 - so I´ve sold it after almost 300hrs playingtime!!!

MW3 is still much better in fact - but BO2 killed my fun in playing CoD so much that I nearly did not play since 2 weeks now.

I´ve purchased "Far Cry 3" and "Red Dead Redemption" after selling my BO2 Copy.

The single-player-modes of both games are way more challenging than all CoD´s together...

The multiplayer, uhm, 3rd person in RedDeadRedemption is nothing I want - but FPS in Far Cry 3 is "ok". The problem there is not "LAG" but Framerate slightly is...even if it´s only running in 720p....

Maps, Gamemodes and Lobbymaking are very different - and might be comparable with Battlefield....

So Treyarc - you ruined CoD-Series! There are some serious alternatives - and more to come for PS4 for sure!

I doubt that CoD will stay on top of the FPS-Ranking any longer...

It´s a crap - and the Devs do not listen to steady customers since month now!

I´ve done right to sell it - and boycott the game 100% now! Thanksfully I´ve not bought the Season-Pass....

Have a great day...

Alot of players were saying the same about the last COD game but the majority seem to return.

I reckon COD will stay top of the FPSs for a while.

You're right in saying there are better shooters (I prefer BF3) out there but COD is good for people that don't have time to play massive maps, try and master how to fly helicopters, fly jets or account for bullet drop on the weapons.

CODs got the simplicity and fun factor which despite it's other issues will always be a big seller with gamers in general.