15 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2013 1:26 PM by Izjar11 RSS

The Feint Retreat

Izjar11

COD,

I do not mind sharing how I play and something that has always helped me win some fights is to feint retreat: Meaning briefly engaging the enemy, and retreating. The intention is to draw the enemy pursuit into a prepared ambush or cause confusion.

Another thing I do is I allow myself to be visibly seen, and I run in the opposite direction, once cleared, I prepare for the attack.

One other thing I do is ADS while walking backwards, when a gun fight has cleared and you know your in open enemy territory walk backwards, while ADSing towards your most recent kill, you probably will be able to pull of a kill or two in the mean.

Good luck gaming.

Sinister six is still OP with their bullets, and first blood medals and hacked party rock camos.

• Re: The Feint Retreat
    HaitianCreation

I love seeing somebody when they don't think I saw them and then I go prone while pulling a tactical immobilization move and spray them down.

Izjar11

Yup, I've purposely ran by someone (from a safe distance) and led them to their demise. Its happened to me as well.

My favorite, but most dangerous version, is shooting two rounds and moving backwards it attracts attention but its more difficult to control where they will come from.

gambit1969

I find your reasoning to be logical, but this is outweighed by your blatant OPness....

pkkveel

I do the "feint retreat" all the time with my riot shield class ( Hamr secondary !)

run around a corner with shield up and bump into 2 or 3 people (usually on express) stop, crouch then slowly back around the corner deflecting bullets with my shield.

Switch to hamr and mow them down as the rush in expecting easy kill

Izjar11

pkkveel wrote:

I do the "feint retreat" all the time with my riot shield class ( Hamr secondary !)

run around a corner with shield up and bump into 2 or 3 people (usually on express) stop, crouch then slowly back around the corner deflecting bullets with my shield.

Switch to hamr and mow them down as the rush in expecting easy kill

The shield used well is something I dare not face, it seems weak but when facing it, I prefer to run without feinting.

mymorningkill

I have been having fun doing a version of this using c4.

Same principal. Get into a gunfight: One kill, retreat, place c4, then wait and ... boom!

What I learned: Some people REALLY hate being repeatedly blown up while chasing you around the map

Izjar11

mymorningkill wrote:

I have been having fun doing a version of this using c4.

Same principal. Get into a gunfight: One kill, retreat, place c4, then wait and ... boom!

What I learned: Some people REALLY hate being repeatedly blown up while chasing you around the map

Thats their problem for chasing someone without proper preparation and prowess

mymorningkill

I was doing this over the weekend (because the c4 discussion here got me thinking about practicing its use) and had to kick myself for not thinking of the general tactic beforehand.

Which, in turn, got me thinking about why so many people play the way they do. I mean, how often do people actually turn and run from a gunfight in this game? Even when they're CLEARLY at a disadvantage?

To quote Hugh Brenner: "Is a puzzlement!"

gambit1969

I love leaving little C4 presents for people that are chasing me, it freaks them out....

Izjar11

To the guy who posted: Chase and Die.

This is what that tactic is.