48 Replies Latest reply: Apr 19, 2013 11:53 AM by ion5150 RSS

Should hardcore use a new method for team killing?

DimKnight2981

I want to know how many people would like to see a change in the way hardcore is played with the team killing? Should we do the style of COD3, should we make a respawn punishment time? What do you think?

• Re: Should hardcore use a new method for team killing?
    m_inman

I think it should be a vote to kick. I don't like being in a party of 5 of my friends and get kicked and have to wait for them to finish the game.

DimKnight2981

That is a solid point, I couldn't tell you how many times I have seen people who have came in that are not in my clan and we only have 5 members, and you always seem to get that one guy/girl who don't have headset and you have no idea where they are, and they can't hear you call out shots or what you're about to do. Before you know it your being kicked out of the lobby or someone in your own party or a clan member you are playing with has to wait on you. I think it's a horrible method of play to be kicked. I think the boot / forgive method would work much better.

trialstardragon

Then stop team killing the auto kick is there for a reason. To make people to have to learn to change. A vote to kick would be pointless for friends would not vote them out, so noone would ever have to learn to change how they play. Stop spay praying, stop rando nadeing, stop using the big streaks and not caring where teammates are.

radio05ou

As has been answered many times on this board, ricochet can die in a fire. The best proposal is to return to the "Press X to kick" option for the aggrieved player after the third TK.

Sure, you get some trollers that kick no matter what but it beats the current system.

UncleFizer

I don't mind how it is now.  But if the option to kick was added it would be nice

NoLifeKing29

I've never had a problem with the way Treyarch handles HC, its as it should be.

ion5150

I think TA got it right over IW by booting after so many team kills instead of sitting in timeout.

The only thing that would make it better, if TA would do like Bungie did, give the person who was killed, the option to boot the person that killed them. TA is tracking who killed who, the number of deaths and when to kick. Instead of auto kicking, display a popup dialog and ask the player who was just killed, if they want to boot the player who just killed them.

This would make the team killing issue moot and perfect. After six (6) iterations of the game, I do not know why they will not add this feature to the game.

NoLifeKing29

because its not needed.

trialstardragon

It has not been added because of the abuse it allows. Where teams could tk and never have to worry about getting kicked so they would not ever have to change how they played. 3 tk kick forces players to change and adapt so is really the better system. Those who do not like it are those who do not care if they tk and just get mad when when they get booted from it. So it should stay how it is.

ion5150

Whoever got team killed, would have the option to boot.

So if I'm a random in a group, I can decide if I want to boot them or not if they are just being a$$holes because they don't want me in the lobby as a single.

If I'm in a group, I certainly would not want to team kill and if I did, my team mate would not boot me becuse of an accidental team kill.

It's solves all the issues. It makes it so that if someone is being a a$$hole, they get kick and it makes it so that if a accident occurs, it can be forgiven.

I just do not see the error in thinking this way, but I guess that's just me. In the end, I'll live with whatever system is in place, have been since cod4.

trialstardragon

There should be no forgiveance, for in the real world there is none if you cause a fellow soldier to die from your mistakes and that is what the 3tk rule tries to emulate. To make people be cautious and think about what they are doing and not get tunnel vission or only think of themselves.

A forgive system is wanted only because the high killers using the big streaks do not want to loose their streak because of it. Well if they use a high streak and kill a team mate they do not deserve that streak anymore and should loose it and be removed form the game.

No rando nades, no rando spray and pray, no rando streaks and not caring what happens. and that is what the forgive option would cause. Same as how the ricochet in IW games causes.

ion5150

"A forgive system is wanted only because the high killers using the big streaks do not want to loose their streak because of it."

No, I never stated that or suggested that. I stated that team killing falls into two (2) basic categories ...

1. On Purpose
            2. On Accident

And giving a person an option as to what the fate should be, is not bad concept. I've insinuated no more or no less.

Other things in the game have evolved, as I've stated before, I do not see why after six (6) iterations of the game, this can not evolve too.

DimKnight2981

That is why you play with strict rules in clans and play with your members in your clans, I would highly suggest to my clan that if THEY do it more then should occur with TK's then boot them whether or not they are our friends. Bottom line you can work it if you have solid members

maccabi

players should NOT have the ability or option to boot other players imo

Richochet can go suck a fat one

Delayed respawn ends up hurting the rest of the team more than the tker

3 tks and boot works

insanity2brilliance

I agree with this. The vote option would be poorly abused. Ricochet is putrid at best. I agree with the current set up. However, and please feel fee to correct me if I'm wrong, but not showing up on map goes both ways if equipped. This means if the enemy if cant see you on map neither can I unless you happen to be on my mini local map. Tr only reason I believe this is because I've dropped numerous lightning strikes on opponents where it shows my guys aren't in the area and yet I still get a team kill. Keep it as is, but score streaks should be considered as exempt potentially. We all (for the most part) try not to kill our teammates, but it still happens with scorestreaks regardless of our intentional effort not to.

nicedrewishfela

Three and out is the best way I have seen throughout all the CoDs.

Ricochet is a joke and causes selfish play.

While no system is perfect, Three and Out is the ideal. It allows for mistakes while punishing those careless enough to TK.

wtcwarrior

Agree with Maccabi, 3 team kills and ur done, hell some games it depends on how far the game is I've gotta kicked for one random TK on a hellstorm close to the finish. The only thing I wish they could fix is detecting if someone is split screening, if your ss person tk's and gets booted, you shouldnt get punished, i know it seems like a lot, im not talkin guest i mean like I got WTCWarrior, my gf plays on Ariannamarie, she tk's I get booted too? If they could find a way to eject her and push to full screen for me, would be awesome! And then let her join after the game. But again the TK system they have now is FINE! Quit complinaing, get more friends to play with. I hear too many people say how they just mute the lobby, so 1 random running around without a headset? THEY CAN hear you, if you have a mic and they don't they hear EVERYTHING you say. Trust me! They just choose to ignore you, this is a tactial game. can't just go throwing grenades into a room not knowing whose up there. Could be a woman or a child, or someone's dog u never know lol

Noob_Lyncher

Since people like to just run up from behind people in front of their bullets, I might just start doing that for a while to see how many people I can get kicked in 1 day.

Jinx484

I like the idea of forgiving a TK.  Not voting to kick.  This way, say you run in front of an enemy shooting (it happens by accident sometimes), you can forgive them and it wouldn't count towards their 3 tks then kick.

maccabi

Jinx484 wrote:

I like the idea of forgiving a TK.  Not voting to kick.  This way, say you run in front of an enemy shooting (it happens by accident sometimes), you can forgive them and it wouldn't count towards their 3 tks then kick.

i agree with a forgive option, not sure how easy that would be to code into a game, or if they devs would ever actually consider the time on it worth while but yes forgiving with 3 tks and boot would be the best system by far

TL_Bare_B_V2

Taken from http://callofduty.wikia.com/wiki/Team_Killing

In Call of Duty 3, friendly-fire can now be responded to; if a person is team-killed they will now get the option to either punish or forgive the player. Punishing takes away 3 points from a player's score, often resulting in negative scores on the scoring boards, such as -15 for five team kills and no legitimate kills. If forgiven, the team-kill will have no effect, as it might have been by accident; however, it is up to the killed player to forgive or punish, so an accidental kill may result in a punishment anyway. Players are kicked after 9 team kills.

With a little tweaking it may be possible to implement in future CoDs but I don't think it would be worth while to the devs to implement half way through BO2's shelf life.

I know they run off of completely different engines but they have coded something similar before and hopefully will consider this again in the future.

ion5150

They are tracking the player action and count already and when exceeded, they boot.

And as you stated in your previous reply to the op, not this game, just future iterations.

This is not how their code is, I have no clue to what their code base looks like, make no claim that I do, this is just pseudo code, but it does exhibit the perfect seam to cut the new code into:

Current:

if(p.tk.count > tk.setting)

autoBoot(p.id)

Future:

if(p.tk.count > tk.setting)

if(dialog.show(dialog.options))

autoBoot(p.id)

PerEverto13

That is actually a very good idea. This would keep.parties from being split up, while random trolls can get kicked. Kudos...

nicedrewishfela

If I trusted this community at all, the vote to kick and forgive may be a good idea.

As it is, 3 and out works fine. It doesn't discriminate, which is how it should be. You get 3 TKs in a match, you don't deserve to stick around.

PerEverto13

Unless i misread what he wrote, i took it as him saying when in game you woukd have the option to forgive a accidental TK. Making it not count towards the 3 needed for kick.

Say i was rushing a flank or spawn area and a team mate calls in a lightning strike and its too late for me to back up. Me having the option of forgiving in my opinion would be nice. His part wasnt intentional neither was mine, call it a wash. While if some troll wants to shoot me for a CP i can not forgive and it counts. It wouldnt be that different.

Im all for what we have now. I just do get annoyed by situation like a described. Im all for sticking to what we have. Im also all for looking for even better alternatives ;-)

nicedrewishfela

I don't want the hand holding, personally.

I like being responsible for my own fate. That is why it is "Hard Core". You have to be alert and aware.

Plus, people will then get upset because they weren't forgiven when they accidentally TK'd someone.

Don't leave it in the hands of other players. The only one responsible for TKs is the player in question.

PerEverto13

I completely understand that perspective. Thats why im all for keeping it the way it is.

I also get frustrated with the current system though. Which is why spitballing to me is a great idea. Noting the good points along the way to build off if in the future. I think this idea would be great if it only aplied to parties. That away no ones feelings hurt. Also no one has to back out of a good lobby to pick people back up. Which is one of the major complaints with the current system. I honestly miss the days of CoD4 and the increasing spawn time. Me and my friends never considered it a disadvantage because we could plan for it. It was also a great time to pick on your buddy :-P

FalconR6

Just a side note to Team Killing. When trolls decide to kill themselves with your Bouncing Betty --> Team kill ,, when trolls decides to kill themselves with your Claymore--> Suicide. Can't see any logical reason for the difference. So, just change BB to a suicide.

A minor change I know, but I'd like to use BB  again without worrying about trolls.

Anyhow - Overall I'm fine with the way the system of kicking works now. When it comes to voting for kick - I can just see it being abused, unfortunately.

myevo8you

I REALLY like the 3 TK and out rule minus a few exceptions. These are waht seems to get me kicked the most

1. Placing a betty/claymore and having an enemy trigger it and a teammate kills said enemy at the exact moment and it kills teammate. This has happened a LOT to me. I got a QUAD KILL on my team due to poor spawn logic when an enemy rushed our spawn I had a betty down and our team spawned ON THE BETTY and it triggered and BOOM instant boot.

2. Scorestreaks. This is kind of finicky as a troll teammate can literally stand in front of your sentry gun and get killed and you get the boot. As far as things like choppers they should not count either. I have gotten kills on teammates where an enemy will spawn near a teammate and the chopper will shoot at the enemy and kill a teammate. Other streaks such as hellstorm, lightning strike, etc are fine because YOU are in control of them and should have a good understanding as to where to place them.

All the other things that happen are fine as they are. The grenades spamming is on the player that throws them. If I know a teammate is running into a particular building, I WILL NOT THROW A GRENADE IN THERE.

Now the issue with a FULL party. When in a group of 6 (9 for groundwar), the option to boot a player should be allowed. This would help matchmaking DRASTICALLY as parties would not have to back out after a person had a bad run or something stupid happen.

iivrruummii

Vote to kick ingame.

If you kill a teammates 2 times then the 3rd teamkill and higher get to choose to kick you.  Y for yes and X for no.

DO NOT USE A WARTHOG IN HC

That is all.

MaxKirgan

I think the way it is fine. I do think there needs to be better way to police the community. I'm specifically talking about trolls. Avoiding them doesn't always work, as you can still get matched up with them. If they are determined they will just follow you game to game.

I don't know if it's like this all the time, but when I play HCKC, it is rife with trolls. You can try to control your fire all you want, trolls will still be trolls. I for one, think something needs to be done about it. TA(and IW) need to change their policy here.

ErUPtiON

3 Kills and out is the best IMO, Take away the accidental TK's with Eqpt. and KS's would be TiTs!

P.S. - When some one accidently TK's you (And apologizes to you) Dont be a lil BI$%H and Team kill them back.

MaxKirgan

I'm not saying that accidental TK's should be taken out.

I also didn't say I'm TK'ing in retaliation. In most instances I've encountered trolls, I'm targeted because I'm on top of the scoreboard or I'm on a streak. If you are already engaged in a firefight, and someone runs up from behind you and runs/jumps/dives into your fire, there is nothing you can do. These people will shadow you and wait for you to be engaged in a firefight and then grief you.

Restore_Hardcore

Being that it's so easy to die in HC I just stick to low streaks and avoid the headache. I think high streaks are lame anyway, it's a first person shooter and gun fights should be the primary focus and not scorestreaks.

MaxKirgan

I've always liked COD'4 3-5-7 system. However I can consistenly go lightning strike > sentry > AGR. If I'm playing HCKC I'll run lightning stike > AGR > VSAT. I've lost count though how many times I've hit lightning strike and then some idiot starts spamming me with tacticals or anything else they can do to get me killed, even killing me themselves.

Also just to clarify what I said above: I'm talking this kind of behavior in this post. Not the once in awhile someone spawned in front of me and didn't realize what they were doing when they stepped out in front of me. I'm talking about full-on trolling until you give up and quit.Or the douche succeeds in getting you kicked.

ghostsniper2010

Personally i am fed up of being on a high killstreak when i team mate kills me or a team mates scorestreak kills me. also hate it when a team mate kills me and his host so he don't get kicked.but there aint much you can do because if you find a booster then you can't kill the guy boosting that is on your team

EnenDavey

I don't mind how it works at the moment, but there are a few exceptions, you kill someone and at the same timeshoot a car, moments later your team mate walks past the car and it explodes, and you get kicked, now thats harsh.

Claymores and Betties, I don't have a problem with as the players know better.

Scorestreaks, again players should know better when playing hardcore.

But when HC CTF was on the list, and your defending the flag, escpecially on hijacked, and your shooting at people coming to the flag and your team mates spawn infront of you, agian that kicks you, again I think thats Harsh.

The other thing I don't like is you get kick, and that counts as though you quited the game early and get a time limit before you can play again thats also harsh.

The good news is while you wait you can have fun on sticks and stones.