41 Replies Latest reply: Apr 22, 2013 4:24 AM by trialstardragon RSS

Pistols are Over-Powerd

i have been in too many situations were my smg or shotgun or assult rifle was beaten by tac 45 or five seven and the most kap 40 and b23r

it is just so annyoing when guy with pistol only runs around and dominates and no one can kill him because he uses b23r and tac 45

• Re: Pistols are Over-Powerd
    Webmaster4531

Pistols are stuck with low magazine, low clip to kill ratio, low zoom, 1 attachment, and no anti-air. Sounds really op to me.

There are much better close range weapons like the evo and remington.

phxs72

Not to mention that they actually require aiming outside of the KAP 40 which burns through it's ammo so fast that you had better be on target or you're dead.  Anyone with a decent side step can out gun the pistols head to head.  I'd even go as far as to say that if they didn't have a decent damage then they would be useless in game.  It's not as easy to kill someone with a pistol as it looks.

super00141

I agree, the pistols are OP. THere si no reason an akimbo pistol should have the same time to kill, as a shot gun and/or sniper rifle at close range. The python and deagle in previous games were decently balanced with high recoil and small slips. now they have decent clips, high damage, and next to no recoil.

So the akimbo pistols are beast,a nd the executioner sucks, so what do they do? Buff the akimbo pistols and nerf the exectutioner... really? Nerf the executioner? It needs a buff!

redx165

Did you see some of the MLG game play from COD Championship? They were running around with Kap-40 and B23R. If the MLG players know it's op then it must be.

~THE NOOB KILLER

Adam1234567893

The only "overpowered" pistol is the B23R because the fact it competes with the Assault Rifles other then that the other ones are fine especially since they lack aim assist don't believe me? Test it out for yourself.

Nope.

phxs72

The B23R outside of HC often requires two burst or more to kill.  Every SMG will drop you before you even get the second burst out unless they aren't paying attention.  Any AR or other gun will do the same.  I don't think that the pistols are OP.  I think that they are P.  They can kill unlike the watered down versions in previous titles that took nearly a whole clip just to drop one person.  They are not, however, better than any of the primaries which is why you don't see the masses running around with them.  In the hands of a good player they can be deadly but so is every other gun.

Edit:  Dual wielding does make a difference in that the effective firerate does go up but the accuracy with dual wields is not very good over range.  It takes several bursts to kill at range which brings me back to my point of someone has to not be paying attention to get killed by them or they have to already have taken damage.

Adam1234567893

Not true I have gotten many kills with the B23R against Smgs and Assault Rifles not to mention you can get a one burst kill in core at short range and sometimes medium-short range too. Also the B23R shoots the same speed as the CHICOM so something is wrong there.

No, the B23R shoots WAY slower than the Chicom.

Chicom = 1250 RPM with a good trigger finger, since there is no burst delay

B23R = 703 RPM

Yeah good luck. If you miss one burst you're dead. If you're not on really close ranges, you're dead.

parnezzi

the skorpion fires at 1250 not the chicom, the chicom fires at about 1080, and has a burst delay but if you dont play on PC you wont notice it.

the B23R fires about the same speed as the Kap-40 which fires at 900RPM if not the same speed.

not to mention while the faster firing SMGs might beat about the pistols their **** at range, while the slower firing SMGs are weaker than the pistols that fire at 900RPM.

but 9/10 the pistol will outgun the chicom and skorpion.

weed-cobolt

Only time when a gun, b23r and maybe kap40, is OP is when you are playing HC KC. Other than that they are not any good. It takes more skill to run and gun with a gun beacuse you have to "aim".

amathyx

pistols are pretty stupid. it's almost as easy to get a vsat/lodestar/swarm with a pistol as it is with an smg or ar. maybe even easier on hardpoint.

Adam1234567893

Ok show us a video of you going 100 - 0 in ground wars with just a pistol no perks no equipment and then I will believe you.

amathyx

if you can get a flawless 100 with no perks on anything it'd be because the other team is awful and you'd be able to do it with just about anything.

i don't know what a flawless 100 in ground war has to do with my post, though. if you can't get streaks with a pistol you should change how you're playing.

Adam1234567893

Lmao again no proof just spewing out nonsense cause you were killed by a pistol once so how about you make a pistol class and get I don't know 4 or 5 swarms in a match and then I might believe you also one of my top 3 guns is a pistol it's the TAC-45 so yea I am pretty sure I am good with a pistol especially since my K/D is above a 1.0 so please stop before you humilate yourself anymore if they were overpowered you would of seen nothing but pistols during the championship instead of the PDW and MSMC.

IndyOldGuy

In no other COD, have I seen so many people running around with pistols only, and doing as well as people with smgs, AR's..etc etc....that alone is the telling factor about pistols in BO2

I agree, if they weren't faster and stronger then why are half the players using them?  The kill cams I have seen with the pistols are silly.  Half the time they don't even have the reticle on the target just in a halo near them.  The B23R is just ridiculous...

garryowen107

No, no more nerfs of anykind. People like you ruin the game and cause most of the complaints about the guns being weak and inconsistent. When people demand nerfs, you ruin the gun diversity and turn it into a dull and boring game. Just stop it already, because the game gets less and less fun with each nerf.

In all likelihood, you're only being killed by pistols (and smgs) more frequently than other weapons because the people using them are closer to you, not because they're statistically better weapons. The only people you will see doing well with pistols are highly aggressive players. They're going to do well regardless of type of weapon they use. Because of the short ranges and how quickly players can be eliminated, the CoD series on the whole rewards this type of aggressive play. For comparison's sake if you're familiar with paintball; CoD is speedball, Battlefield is woodsball.  While the core concept is the same, you can't play the two the same way.

Not all pistols are OP. I think that with the B23R, it only kills with one burst fire shot when the enemy is right in front of you. Pistols loose a ton of damage when it has to travel, so they have to be powerful up close otherwise they would be useless.

The most OP hand gun in black ops 2 is the Tac. 45 without a doubt.

EODBombSquad

My only beef with pistols is not that there OP its that's there zero damage reduce or range when suppressor is used.

I have the pistols Diamond 0_o

I have the pistols Diamond 0_o