30 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 10:54 PM by iivrruummii RSS

C4 needs balancing.

OMFGimJOE

Seriously. It's a Tactical Nuke in equipment form.

idea:

Make it so there is a time delay after throwing it before you can detonate, so it cant be used as a grenade.

• Re: C4 needs balancing.
    Adam1234567893

Um no if you are getting killed by it too much use Flak Jacket or better yet start moving around because I have yet to have a problem with getting killed by a C4 so yea stop complaining and use it's counter.

azn_chic

I use C4 occassionally. I don't see a problem with it's blast radius, but it does seem like I can throw it very far distances. I once threw it through a window on the second floor of one of the yemen buildings while i was on the street level! I don't think it's a big issue though.

NoLifeKing29

It has no presence in HC lol

AsmodeousNZ87

C4 is balanced, and to throw and detonate real fast people have to use fast hands so thats 2 of the pick 10 slots, to counter it you only need flackjacket, but im going to take a wild guess you use subs... with lightweight+Ghost so cant use another blue perk.

The reason your mad is you rush around winnng the gunfights because you get in range as you should but good players are dropping C4 on you and now your mad.

Forgive me if im wrong i just get people whining about c4 all the time and its allways SMG running Lightweight+Ghost rushers. I have no problem with people using that combo its a good class, but like every good class it has weaknesses, for movement potential and staying off the radar you have to give up explosive protection.

To me thats balanced, if your not running SMGs then you should have Flak on anyway and you will have no more probs with c4

AsmodeousNZ87

Actually the combat axe needs to be balanced because the other day i was on a 17 streak about to Get my second vsat and this guy through one over the kitchen on raid and it killed me. i nearly never get killed by the combat axe but it ruined my streak when he couldnt even see me its so OP...............

Treyarch please nerf the Combat axe because it killed me and im not good enough to figure out how to beat it.....

It all honesty the combat axe is way more unbalaced than the c4 its a 1HK that as far as i can tell has no counter.... unless trophys destroy them??? not sure on that one never seen it happen but even though its more unbalanced than the c4 it is still balanced so really your whinging about nothing... please stop doing this as the constant nerfs to things due to people whinging is doing more harm than good

trialstardragon

Agreed, it should not be able to be detonated so fast. They need to make it where it has to land or be planted on soemthing to before it can be detonated.

AsmodeousNZ87

Why should it not be able to be detonated mid air, can you give some reasoning?

ghamorra

So people don't get scared when they see their about to lose a gun fight and kill themselves and the person shooting them. C4 is a huge cop out in this game. It blast radius is fine but it should be used like a deadman's switch, people complained about this in MW3 so I'm actually surprised this is just now getting addressed

AsmodeousNZ87

They can do the same with a semtex, or a combat axe, infact if they made a delay on the C4 itd b near useless.

It already has multiple counters and with the level of emp spam in this game you cant lay c4 as a trap, it can be shot out of hands trophys stop it emp nades destroy it flack jacket protects against it i mean comeon guys if you cant handle a player with c4 then maybe the combat training playlist is for you

C4 is ideal for killing headgliching LMG TF players and if i cant detonate it mid air how am i ment to use it against guns that have a kill time thats about a quater of the time it takes to throw a c4 and detonate, all this time i have to drop my gun so if you have flack jacket you have atleast 4-5 seconds to kill me before my gun is back out

I can respect it can annoy some people but its balanced and fine just how it is

SitRepPro

Having multiple counters never saved the Bouncing Betty being nerfed so if there are enough complaints 3arc may bow to the pressure.  Scavenger used to resupply BB and Claymores completely too but now it's only two at a time.  It was a bit annoying to put up with but easy counters are available and free points for me but oh well.

The only thing with the C4 that I think is a little off is that it only takes one of them to destroy an AGR whereas the EMP grenade, which has had plenty of complaints about, takes two.

darkrangeresp

Oh goody another c4 needs nerfing topic.  I will give you that it's the most versitile lethal equipment in the game, but it's balanced. It has half the blast radius of a frag grenade and you have to detonate it unlike a bouncing betty or claymore.  If a player is running c4 + fast hands then they get one cheap kill per spawn not really a big deal. If they are running c4 + fast hands + scavenger then they have 40% of their class tied up in one grenade.  They generally are lacking enough in another area that any skilled player can handle them at least half the time in a gun fight.

Just because the one kill they do get happens to be the one that keeps you from getting your swarm doesn't make me feel any sympothy for you.  If it bothers you use flak jacket, it makes you basically unkillable by c4 unless it's stuck to your face.  Yeah you will only have about 30% of your health left, but you just took a grenade to the chest, you should be mortally wounded.

nflfenatic

What I like to do when people spam grenades or C4 is put the old noob tube class on and rpgs and semtex. Also Flak jacket. You should set up a class for all situations. When people are spamming flashbangs and concussion grenades you should have a class with tactical mask ready to go. This is all pretty basic stuff, no need to complain, adapt, overcome, improvise.

Balacïng..? What are you trying to balance it on?

killabig

Leave my c4s alone. They are for pro's only

The c4 is the best thing that happened in black ops2. You just majorly camp too much to lways be getting messed up and creating threads bout it. Seriously

redx165

You know what needs a nerf. The Target Finder. It should take 5 seconds to detect you.

~THE NOOB KILLER

iivrruummii

Actually the Frag and Semtex grenades need to be buffed, not to mention Flak Jacket to be buffed also.

It is sad that I am dying from Claymores in HC with Flak Jacket on, not mention GL and other explosives but a car bomb won't kill me in HC with Flak Jacket.  That makes no sense.