12 Replies Latest reply: Apr 17, 2013 10:57 AM by sennalike RSS

Can't get decent scorestreaks to save my life

Ok so I'm not the best COD player, I know, but I still get good scores every so often. Even if my KD is over a 2.00 in a game I am lucky to get anything over a UAV. In fact I get like 3 UAVs. Why? My deaths are so spread out around my kills. But wait! There are games I get a 1.50 KD or less and manage to get a hellstorm missle. I know that may not seem like much to you but to me that's amazing. I think the highest scorestreak I have ever gotten was a dragonfire. And that was in KC so it doesn't really count. It is the same way in other COD's. I have to rely strictly on my gun skills to win.

Anyone else have this problem?

• Re: Can't get decent scorestreaks to save my life
    XMathew425X

Why not use hardline which will make those scorestreaks 20% less points needed. Also you should build up some more points by using lower scorestreaks then what your're aiming for. That always works for me. I recently got 2 swarms on Nuketown 2025 during the double xp weekend.

If you want to know my streaks they were:

Lightning Strike

Stealth Chopper

Swarm

Oh and what gun are you mainly using?

HaitianCreation

You have to play smart, I run the VSAT, K9 and Swarm and unless I'm having a really bad game I can usually get extremely close to my VSAT and a lot of the time get it, as soon as you get the VSAT you can usuallly get your swarm and K9. The way I usually do it is stick to the outsides of the map, get into gunfights where my gun has the advantage, run away from certain deaths etc. If you're on a streak do not hop on B, never ever lol, instadeath.

Resonice

If you want to get ALL your scorestreaks, search up tips to get ALL your scorestreaks. I would recommend watching TmarTn. Enjoy XP Weekend! "Like" this post if it was helpful.

TmarTn's Channel

http://http://www.youtube.com/user/TmarTn

ghamorra

Depends on the game mode you're playing. KC is the easiest. Get kills collect tags and run the perimeter of the map so you get get those 1v1 gun fights

SandSeven

ghamorra wrote:

Depends on the game mode you're playing. KC is the easiest. Get kills collect tags and run the perimeter of the map so you get get those 1v1 gun fights

Great advice from ghmorra. Also add a supresser to stay off the radar. Staying to the perimeter on KC, with ghost, hardline, and a supresser will net you big score streaks. It also helps to be in a party, so that guy that's going 4-20 is feeding you the 150 points for the kill and tag and not the other team.

Shadow_Alq

Running around the map wont get you wins but it can provide kills: although with guns you said youre using theyre guns to camp (no offensive meaning intended) more than to run. I would give up on the MTAR, its not good enough, but FAL is very good if you like it!

You could try this: camp a bit, kill 3 or 4 enemies, then go into "high-awareness-mode" cause there will already be 2 or 3 rushers going for you, camp near where you were (but not on same place) and get 1 or 2 more kills.

If you try this: UAV-CUAV-Lethal I thik you can at least get it once per match!

ProfessionalPoster

There's really two ways of going about it.

1) play cautious. Don't rush around like a headless chicken, rather play patiently, patrol 1/3 of the map and wait for your kills to come. The downside of this is that when you die off a long streak you really lost all chances at getting your high end streak because it usually takes you a while to get back on one

2) Rush spawn points and pray for stupid enemies. Put yourself in high risk high reward situations. You'll either die or rack up your streaks in a minute or so. If you die, rinse and repeat

Izjar11

ProfessionalPoster wrote:

There's really two ways of going about it.

1) play cautious. Don't rush around like a headless chicken, rather play patiently, patrol 1/3 of the map and wait for your kills to come. The downside of this is that when you die off a long streak you really lost all chances at getting your high end streak because it usually takes you a while to get back on one

2) Rush spawn points and pray for stupid enemies. Put yourself in high risk high reward situations. You'll either die or rack up your streaks in a minute or so. If you die, rinse and repeat

1- Play recklessly make sure you give the enemy the first blood as soon as possible, specifically anyone named egotrip

2- Camp spawn points and listen to your enemy curse you to he--ll.

Professionalposter I have seen you post before and your sir are OP..

phxs72

Well I'll throw my hat into the ring and offer some advice.  To take your game up you need to not rush so much.  By your stats you know how to kill and are effective with your weapon choices.  Otherwise you wouldn't have those 2kd and only got a UAV or two games.  What you need to learn, however, is when to back away from a fight.  More than likely you are getting a kill and then running into double teams where you only get one kill out of the two.  You have to learn to take your thinking a step forward and not just predict where the enemy will be coming from but also how to post up and get the drop on them.  Sometimes it's best not to engage the first person that you see if they haven't seen you and you think that more are coming.  Dropping 3 people from behind is easy but doing it straight on is nearly impossible.  Learning to engage and then fall back to check the flank routes will be a big help for you.  Past that use scorestreaks that will help you build up to the next one.  Such as UAV, Hunter Killer, Lightening Strike.  Or when you are ready Hellstorm, Lightening Strike, AGR (or Stealth Chopper).  Once you get good at achieving these regularly then it's time to move up into the VSAT, etc arena.  The same principles apply for getting the highest streaks but you have to get used to staying alive long enough to get to them. 

Something to consider when going for higher streaks is that a VSAT takes 12 kills and your primary doesn't have enough ammo to make that happen on its own.  So you will need to either run Scavenger or work in some objective play or be ready to pick up a gun off of the ground.  So build your classes accordingly.  Usually I'll build mine without a secondary and just pick up a gun that I like off of the ground to fall back on when I run out of my primary.  And remember despite the hype, nobody gets the highest streaks every game.  So if you have to play a few matches and only get them once then you are still doing pretty good.

sennalike

There are lots of ways to do it. Some good advice above, but also, use a set that will earn you points. For example Emp grenades, engineer and scavenger should get you a healthy score without even having to kill anyone. Play smart.