1 2 3 4 5 Previous Next 49 Replies Latest reply: Apr 18, 2013 12:10 PM by riffy08 Go to original post RSS
  • 10. Re: What kind of Tv do you play on?
    r8edtripx

I'm tempted to buy something smaller because I play on a 60" plasma. I'm scared that I'll buy a gaming monitor, and still feel like I'm behind, time-wise, in a cqb gun-on-gun fight.

I may buy something from a local retailer and see how a smaller monitor feels. (Very unscientific, but I'll have to go with "feel")

Something that'll help me with my little test is knowing if the killcam is a true representation of what the enemy was seeing before, during, and after he killed me. If I can rely on the validity of the killcam timing of the encounter, it would really help my test.

• 11. Re: What kind of Tv do you play on?
    Foxhound-Pro

r8edtripx wrote:

I'm tempted to buy something smaller because I play on a 60" plasma. I'm scared that I'll buy a gaming monitor, and still feel like I'm behind, time-wise, in a cqb gun-on-gun fight.

I may buy something from a local retailer and see how a smaller monitor feels. (Very unscientific, but I'll have to go with "feel")

Something that'll help me with my little test is knowing if the killcam is a true representation of what the enemy was seeing before, during, and after he killed me. If I can rely on the validity of the killcam timing of the encounter, it would really help my test.

No. Killcam is not a 1:1 representation of what happened. It never was and probably never will be.

• 12. Re: What kind of Tv do you play on?
    r8edtripx

Foxhound-Pro wrote:

r8edtripx wrote:

No. Killcam is not a 1:1 representation of what happened. It never was and probably never will be.

That's a bummer. I feel like the killcam in the last couple of days has been showing the enemy seeing me even earlier than previously. Would've been nice to have the killcam be a constant. Oh well.

• 13. Re: What kind of Tv do you play on?
    SquatPainter

60" Sony LED HD with HDMI..... Several months ago I saw a thread on these forums about switching these news Tv's to game mode settings. I had not done that and once I did, I noticed a huge difference in what I was seeing. I guess I had grown used to the delay in movement I was experiencing and quite frankly thought that slight delay was just part of online gaming. Made the setting change and WOW.....what a difference. No movement delays at all. Something about all the filters the signal goes through in route to the screen has an ever so slight delay. Turned all that crap off and it made all the difference. Still have the occasional wtf moments, but they aren't near as often.....

• 14. Re: What kind of Tv do you play on?
    theunforgotten

47 inch LED LG 3D HD TV. and yes it is easier to play on a smaller tv because you don't have to look around as much with a bigger tv. but in my opinion the experience is better on a larger tv and 3D is amazing on black ops 2.

• 15. Re: What kind of Tv do you play on?
    xboxasap

Recently saw the COD BOPS2 European elimination for the recent World Final in LA , and I was intrigued by the monitors they were using , after some Internet research I bought a BenQ 24 inch Gaming monitor, best thing I ever did , the difference is amazing for me rather than playing on a LG 47" Led . If you invest the $ £ then game a dedicated Gaming monitor

• 16. Re: What kind of Tv do you play on?
    trialstardragon

25" flat screen crt.. in other words and old fashioned flat screen tube tv, not a panel tv. Only use commponent output, no hdmi. Very little lag on this tv because no hdmi processing to worry about. Lower resolution so harder to see somethings at further distances, but eh, still works fine for what I use it for.

• 17. Re: What kind of Tv do you play on?
    TheGuitarMan

For barely a year, i've been playing on a 32" 1080p vizio, HDMI.  It's perfect.  Litterally.  If it can look better I've not seen it anywhere else.  Right across the hall is a 52" Samsung and my TV destroys its picture.  So, there could be some truth to the larger TV thing.  I find myself looking around this TV, so as far as gameplay, smaller is better, but not too small

• 18. Re: What kind of Tv do you play on?
    Sora_v21

all right cool thanks guys I think Im going to go with a 32" or 40" because I'm also kind of a movie buff guy and love watching all kinds of movies

• 19. Re: What kind of Tv do you play on?
    xProtectYaNeck

Playing on a LED 42" 3D 600 hz sony bravia, best picture ive seen so far unless youre getting some ridiculously expensive tv.