16 Replies Latest reply: Apr 16, 2013 5:07 PM by PandasRpeople2 RSS

SMGS VS ARS

lilgswagg

Which tend to be better in this game.

• Re: SMGS VS ARS
    Run_N_Gunning_Camper

It depends on your playstyle. My style is mostly aggressive and straight up run and gunning. I prefer to use the MSMC but I do take CQC routes when using that gun. I don't venture into areas with mid-long sightlines if I am using that SMG.

TreezNSteez

Depends on playstyle and map.

Then again, almost all maps are 85% CQC. Which is why I prefer SMG's

azn_chic

I like the Assault Rifles. they can be used in both long range and close quarters battles, and be just as effective as SMGs if used properly.

But like everyone else said, it's all a matter of preferrence. So use which ever one suits your playstyle better

dweez1988

I want to say the AR's are the best but for myself I tend to do better with smg's... however! I refuse to use them and stick to the AR's mostly.

I prefer the scar at the moment.

wtcwarrior

SMG's for me were my first diamond gun, then again i cant stand single shot Assualt Rifles....Meh. SMG's for me all the way but they keep changing them, MP7 has insane recoil now.... ugh

blb128

I play core and I run and gun tactfully. I can dominate on any map with an AR but it has to have a stock on it. I dont even touch SMGs anymore. When the game first came out my opinion was the opposite though.

SmeffectS

Yeah since a couple of patches, AR has a slight edge. Well some specific AR, AN-94, M27, SCAR-H, (SWAT when long range is involved for sure). But you are pretty much required to always use stock, i think alot of people not liking AR or not using them to run and gun simply dont use stock, not having stock on an AR is such a huge weakness its pretty ridiculous sometimes. When it comes down to it, AR have the kill speed advantages even some at CQC ranges. The most consitant SMGs dont have kill speed close to ARs at any range.

I got both AR and SMG diamond, im more likelly to pick AN-97, M27 above any SMG and im 100% a rusher, no ghost, pretty much tac mask and flakjacket on every possible setup lol, my KD with both guns is around 2.50+ last time i checked.

PandasRpeople2

I think the Type 25 is one of the best guns overall as it really is like the best of both SMGs and ARs rolled into one.  It's got the ranged power and moderate recoil of an AR combined with the fire rate of an SMG.  Slap a laser sight and stock on it and you'll actually beat most SMGs up close while remaining competitive with ARs at a distance.