45 Replies Latest reply: Apr 15, 2013 6:07 PM by K4d0n RSS

Idiot teammates in HC

Noob_Lyncher

Is there any way to counteract morons who run in front of you while you're shooting an enemy? I can avoid it while a UAV is up because I can see them on radar, but when we don't have one, Mistakes are made.

• Re: Idiot teammates in HC
    nicedrewishfela

Yes, its called eyes and ears. Control your fire, be aware of teammate positions, and communicate. It is your job to watch out for your teammates.

You're full of beans. If I'm focused on shooting the enemy and your dumb ass walks in front of me, that's your fault.

Noob_Lyncher

How can I be aware of my teammates' positions if I can't see the minimap? I can't spend the whole game spinning around looking for them, because I have to play at some point.

nicedrewishfela

It's really just about being aware. The FOV may be narrow, but there is time before and after a teammate gets to the point where they may be in front of your barrel or in your sights where you can cease fire. I have had to do that a lot, it works.

There is a start menu map that is useful as well, I typically hit that upon spawning in or while aking cover to reload. Just looking for a split second gives me a sense of where my team is and where the enemy may be.

I wouldn't say it is possible if it wasn't. But I do it every time I play. Bad things happen from time to time, of course. I get TKs just like everyone else, I'd be absolutely lying if I said otherwise... but I have rarely been kicked, so the results speak for themselves.

trialstardragon

Actually yes that is what hc is about. Knowing team location and communication to make sure everyone knows where each other is so no one accidently runs twoards a nade or into a line of fire.

I agree. I was on Hydro the other night shooting from the one building to the other. Machine gun, extended clip, blasting away and some idiot walks in front of me and gets killed. Then the little turd came back and shot me because he was mad. Instead of age limits, they should give I.Q. tests!

nicedrewishfela

rubberbullets wrote:

I agree. I was on Hydro the other night shooting from the one building to the other. Machine gun, extended clip, blasting away

You just identified your issue. You can't fire willy-nilly in HC.

Noob_Lyncher

I don't fire randomly. I only fire if I see an enemy close enough to get a good hit on, and a teammate will walk up from right behind me. It's not like the teammate is walking from the side in front of me where I can easily see him, he's running up from an obvious blindspot without a UAV.

Nothing willy-nilly here. I was in the one building working on my 4th or 5th kill when the bozo came running to jump out of the window in front of me. He promptly died as I was in the middle of firing off a clip at 2 guys on the other side.

K4d0n

IQ Tests are not the same a common sense, and i ***** me that people don't wear a mic and say "Hey (Gamertag) check your fire i'm coming past" communication is the key to a successful win

K4d0n

IQ Tests are not the same a common sense, and i sh*ts me that people don't wear a mic and say "Hey (Gamertag) check your fire i'm coming past" communication is the key to a successful win

K4d0n

IQ Tests are not the same a common sense, and i annoys me that people don't wear a mic and say "Hey (Gamertag) check your fire i'm coming past" communication is the key to a successful win

K4d0n

IQ Tests are not the same a common sense, and i annoys me that people don't wear a mic and say "Hey (Gamertag) check your fire i'm coming past" communication is the key to a successful win

NoLifeKing29

Its not that hard as long as you know what side of the map you are spawning on. It can get a little crazy on Nuketown tho, especially if you are a camper. I have run across my teammates line of sight a few times because he was just posted up with an LMG and blasted me. I felt bad the first time, not so much after that though.

nicedrewishfela

I've seen that a lot lately, too. I don't know if it is people new to HC or what.. but there are folks who just sit in one spot and spray an area. I normally am fine with that, but my issue comes when they cut off teammates attack routes or fire even where there are no enemy threats in sight.

It gives away their position, your team's position, and of course leads to unnecessary TKs

blarkw

Like Drew says, all you can really do is be aware. After a bit you get used to it. Between BO1, MW3 and BO2 I have about 1300 hours of play time on HC, all you can do is be aware and keep at it. I still team kill from time to time becuase a teammate will walk infront of you as you are firing at an enemy.

It doesn't happen a lot but it does. Oh well and move on. HC is a blast and even better with a full team of 6.

Also, burst firing helps a lot as well.

RunAndGun1

Yea, I was just playing a few minutes ago, and my own teammate ran in front of me while I was shooting and ended up getting us both killed.

I think they need to have an Etiquette Mode for these games. Like when the match starts, don't push your own teammate as you're running. There's plenty of room.

And don't pin your own teammate into a wall or a corner while you're engaged. You end up getting them killed half the time,

goober11

Really not a big deal. You just have to be careful. Don't spray if your team is nearby. ADS and use minimal amount of bullets to get the kill. You really should not have to have the minimap on to know where your team is if they are close by. In general in HC I try to stay away from my team anyways.

I have only been kicked once since BOp2 was released for team killing.  I play a fair amount of HC.

PerEverto13

Awareness....its more than a perk....

biron_w

This!

I very rarely kill team mates. Generally the only times I do is when somebody runs around a corner and the game doesn't show it's a team mate til it's too late or when the stupid game spawns team mates directly in front of me.

Noob_Lyncher

This is what happens. I'll be shooting, and a teammate will run up from the blind spot right behind me so I have no time to stop shooting before he's in front of me. It's not like i'm spraying across the map and a teammate gets hit, i'll be within 10 feet of an enemy, and a teammate will think it's a good idea to get inbetween us. Since it's so easy to do it, people might as well make trolltages of them getting their entire team kicked.

Fact: in hc tdm it's easy not to tk, hc dom and KC it's more difficult and you have to be extra super duper careful. Fast and chaotic = higher degree of difficulty not to team kill.

Restore_Hardcore

Team killing for me comes in waves, usually I can avoid it but sometimes it just happens. The 3arc HC system is still better than MW2 and MW3. I hate ricochet but it would only work after 2 team kills, that way instead of getting kicked and interrupting the game for all you just kill yourself. Ricochet could actually work if activated after the 2nd team kill.

Maybe ricochet would work if it only activated after two team kills.  But richochet was so horrible in the past and so poorly implemented I have no faith it would be implemented correctly.

Say no to Richochet!  No way.  A sure way to completely ruin hardcore.

Restore_Hardcore

The way ricochet was implemented in MW3 was horrible! I think if it was activated after 2 team kills it would be better and only in objective games. Been playing HC Dom a lot and so many players are getting kicked that it's pathetic. I don't need ricochet but obviously others do.

rankismet

Learn to use the start button and how to identify targets.

Schoat333

I don't see this as a problem in the groups I tend to be matched with. I didn't shoot at my team in Core Dom, and I still don't in HC Dom.

malditor

Apparently you need to think for your team mates as well as yourself according to a lot of these posts. It's one thing if you are shooting a team mate because you didn't make sure of your target, it's another if your team mate runs in front of you. I don't see how that should ever be your fault... I mean they see you shooting and run in front of you? Only way that I could see it is if they are in full view the entire time but even then they shouldn't run in front of you.

Now, if you are spraying rounds randomly through walls or cover and hit a team mate that would be your fault. Or panick shoot/knife someone, sure that's your fault too.

Noob_Lyncher

They're never in front of me. I can stop shooting if I know a teammate is in my field of view, but I have idiots sometimes who, instead of running another route, will just decide to be inconsiderate and run up from behind me into my line of fire. Even sometimes if I do stop shooting the second they appear on screen, there's always that last bullet that manages to headshot them.

wrathfulassasin

Now that HC Domination is here I love it but you get so many team kills cause it is chaos. what suck is that you get booted and you get probation. This is what pisses me off!1

As a fellow HC player all I can say is that ur gonna killa teammates on occassion it just happens, but if ur killing enough teammates where your getting kicked for it....You need to go play core simple as that but a random TK here and there is common but to help mitigate that there is things ppl do that piss me off that get me killed alot like random throwing of grenades, hip firing at the start of match...And shooting at walls hoping an enemy is there.....Don't do any of those and should be ok....

mjw3786

prefiring is fine. TK happens, just be nice about it and apologize when you make a mistake.

as for the trolls, nothing to be done but avoid, ignore, back out and move on.

i only play HC DOM, and i only TK when you are being a complete moron, like if im taking B, and you throw a gerenade onto B for reasons unknown...i will kill you. if you are sniping over B the entire game while we dont have it, watch me die on B the entire game trying to take it, and never move from your spot to help me take B, i will shoot you in the face.

example: domination, you start lying down behind the mini boats on A in Hijacked when the score is 5-15, then 3min later you are in the same spot, we are still losing you have 0 defends, 0 caps.....i will shoot you in the face for being worthless to my team

people that play DOM, and now HC DOM, need to play as a team and try to win games...i dont care about your KD, i want to win games. so you help the team win games, i wont shoot you

there are way too many idiots playing HC DOM now though, ive been killed so many times while trying to take B to random team nades, its ******* annoying

There was just some idiot named purple turtle who walked up behind my wife about 6 times and kept shooting all around her. On the last time I told her to turn around and TK him. He finally went away after that.

rankismet

Since you're new to hardcore in the last week (only play DOM)... welcome.

But what you're describing is worse than the guy not PTFO. You've decided you know how best to play and to hell with anyone else. A lot of HC players are new to DOM and getting a feel for it. Maybe instead of puffing up the epeen and prooving you're a jackass one match at a time...

... try talking to the guy first? Give some tips. Or play with a full crew?

Based on your winning attitude, I'm sure making friends is easy for you.

NoLifeKing29

I dont have to meet your standards, I will continue to play how I want and if you TK me then you can expect it right back. Your W/L does not matter to me.

yeah, I don't get it. If it happens a lot we switch to team chat to tell the moron to stay out of the way. It annoys me more when I see them in time to stop shooting but then the enemy sees and kills us both. Really I can't stand people being next to me anyway. It's a huge map keep your stupid ass away from me, you are just setting someone up for a double kill. (on the other hand I love when the morons on the other team do this haha).

moneybagz

i hate when that happens

Restore_Hardcore

I regret encouraging people to play HC cause they are ruining it. Leave HC to the vets and you pesky kids need to stay out.