1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next 98 Replies Latest reply: Apr 11, 2013 5:35 AM by ghostsniper2010 Go to original post RSS
  • 70. Re: new black ops 2 update 10/04/13
    DeadmanWonderlands

I really dont know why people complain about shotguns -_-

• 71. Re: new black ops 2 update 10/04/13
    NotablePie

and oh ya, SMG's are so dominant in this game because everything is well within 14M offcourse, right ?

• 72. Re: new black ops 2 update 10/04/13
    malditor

Nobody has said "all encounters" are within 14m. Have you ever bothered to look at heatmaps of a match? If you have you'd see a majority of kills/deaths are in areas of short to mid range. If anyone is biased in this discussion it's you insisting that most gun fights do not happen within 14m. As I've already stated that I don't think that it needs nerfed, however it can be quite powerful.

• 73. Re: new black ops 2 update 10/04/13
    malditor

.... Pretty much why smgs are dominant, however while it takes several bullets to kill with an smg a single shot that is "sort of" on target with the 870 will kill you.

• 74. Re: new black ops 2 update 10/04/13
    2watted

The 870 is not over powered, i've used it alot and most of the times the smg will win if they shoot first; and even if the shotgunner shoots first if your not 100% on target for the first shot you get a hitmarker, all of you saying it needs nerfed are just angry because  you get killed from one.

@malditor: yes if you look at the heatmaps your will notice theres other ways to getting around the map, ever heard of flanking? ever went to a different area other than the hotspots? like it has been said plenty of times theres plenty of ways to not get killed by a shotgun user; by either staying away from there main rout or staying at a safe distance, and just to be clear i have had 6 hit markers from 24 meters away.

most of the time you get 1 shot killed from long distances is mainly based on connection strengths from you, the host and the attacker.

• 75. Re: new black ops 2 update 10/04/13
    ab36

Those things were only there in Domination on Nuketown lol I think it was like that in Black Ops 1 also

• 76. Re: new black ops 2 update 10/04/13
    malditor

You have obviously not bothered reading what I've said before that I typically flank. Also you are way off in saying you have to be "on target" to get a kill.

• 77. Re: new black ops 2 update 10/04/13
    2watted

ok i'll shoot you with half the crosshairs on you see what happens guess what, a hit marker.

• 78. Re: new black ops 2 update 10/04/13
    malditor

Maybe at max range, but 10m and in... Yeah I've killed people who weren't fully centered many times.

• 79. Re: new black ops 2 update 10/04/13
    Bielsalmighty

And I've killed people I haven't had my sights on with other weapons too. Its known as lag and/or hipfire spread. It happens. Shotguns are overwhelmingly strong up close because they are the only weapon whose range actually physically ceases to exist, and viable range is EXTREMELY limited. That is quite the drawback, especially against people with half a brain cell. The maps aren't exclusively CQC, anyone who insists they are doesn't know how to play em properly.

And by the way, I have both Shotguns and ARs diamond, ergo I have a good level of experience playing the shotgunner and engaging at further distances. The R870 has a far worse KD than any AR which I would currently use.

1 6 7 8 9 10 Previous Next