4 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 2:34 AM by randomhero204 RSS

Scavenger Bug?

Zorro1267

I have the scavenger perk and on rare occasions when I shoot an enemy with my gun, a bag will not drop.  There were no explosives around the person I shot either, so I know they didn't die by explosion.  Has anyone else seen this happen?

• Re: Scavenger Bug?

I was under the impression that scavenger only picks up ammo if the person who died was using a gun from the same class, IE: SMG's LMG's AR's etc...

I, myself, use the Swat 90% of the time and use no explosives. I use extra perks/attachments instead of carrying primary or secondary explosives. Therefore, if you kill me with an SMG or LMG, i leave you nothing to collect as a scavenger.

NotablePie

EHFink41 wrote:

I was under the impression that scavenger only picks up ammo if the person who died was using a gun from the same class, IE: SMG's LMG's AR's etc...

I, myself, use the Swat 90% of the time and use no explosives. I use extra perks/attachments instead of carrying primary or secondary explosives. Therefore, if you kill me with an SMG or LMG, i leave you nothing to collect as a scavenger.

that's just not true

often enough dropped people that used a weapon from a diff class and still got a pack, and since i run scavenger on all my classes if it were to be like you said i would've noticed

but i have noticed some packs seemingly disappear in walls etc, or actually being a good bit away from the body somehow

riksterinto

I've noticed this from time to time as well.  I'll use a class with scavenger and i get 6 or so kills but then run out of bullets.  Hasn't happened enough times to figure out if it's certain maps or guns but is annoying when it happens.

randomhero204

I'm an avid scavenger user and if there are too many bags lying around from people you kill they will stop dropping them. This makes sense because the game would get a bit boggy/laggy if there were 10+ scavenger bags lying around.

I treat them as kill confirmed tokens.. I just make it a habit to always try and grab the scavenger bag and rarely ever have the "non drop". (This also helps your kill confirmed gameplay!)