36 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2013 9:20 AM by pauly02 RSS

TDM might be fixed soon!

nintendon't

Dat possible 125 score per kill in TDM:

https://twitter.com/DavidVonderhaar/status/319268704112226304?p=v

:OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

  • Re: :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

    Please change your title so it's relevant to the topic.

     

    TopFighter | Treyarch Forum Moderator

    Black Ops I & Black Ops II

  • Re: :OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    Padiego

    My god. If this happens, I'll happily come back to bo2 to finish off the stuff I was doing. TDM became my favorite gamemode, but it was ruined by vahn and his esport nerds :(

  • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
    shomac

    they just need to raise the score limit from 75 to 100 or 125 kills to a match. they seem to go to quickly

  • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
    like2nap03

    I so hope this happens.  This plus a couple more wiimote tweaks = Best COD.  (except when it lags!)

    • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
      EliteKing

      like2nap03 wrote:

       

      a couple more wiimote tweaks = Best COD.  (except when it lags!)

       

      agreed.

       

      whole heartedly.

      • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
        like2nap03

        Sorry I missed your game invite.  By the time I saw it I was on my last match.  Then my Wii U froze in the middle of that.  So I figured now was a good time to stop.  My gamepad was also dead so I couldn't text (at least not easily).  And even if I could get my mic to work, I coulldn't chat because the wife is sleeping when I'm playing this late.  Try to catch ya next time.

  • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!

    Amazing. I wish my problems with this game were so trivial. Now the people with the best connections will find it even easier to rank up everything. It will be so easy surely there won't be any point in playing anymore, unless you really have nothing better to do..

    • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
      i_betrayed_xbox

      I don't understand? What's so wrong about having a good connection? Next you're gonna say playing on an HDTV takes no skill because of the clearer picture and wider view.....

       

      All 125 score would do is bring TDM more in line with past COD TDMs. It's not gonna suddenly turn TDM into an easy mode.

      • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
        M4GNUM

        I think what he's saying is that there are deeper problems with connectivity that NEED to be addressed instead of concentrating on less important game improvements. If the connectivity isn't improved, the lesser game improvements don't matter. It's all about prioritization. For example, I'd love to have a more solid connection with no problems keeping party members in the party and less lag than watching a spinning globe on my gamepad.

        • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
          Padiego

          If some of us don't suffer connection problems, then why should we care? I mean, do you care that right now there's polar bears dying in the north pole thanks to our greed? Not your problem, so why care? Since that's not a problem for us, we complain about the little things that bother us. Just like you complain about the things that bother you.

          • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
            M4GNUM

            To be clear, I'm not saying it's a bad idea - I would love to see the score/point change as well. As I would some other changes. I'm not saying only certain people can complain. I didn't say any of that. My point was about prioritization.

          • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!

            Padiego wrote:

             

            If some of us don't suffer connection problems, then why should we care?

            Because we're a small community and we would like it to grow. Put everyone on a more level pegging so everyone enjoys the game, if not you'll just walk around in "god mode" with the illussion you're a great player, there's a couple of good reasons why you should care.

            • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
              M4GNUM

              I'll admit there is some level of skill needed to play the game, but in it's current state - connection determines outcome more than skill does. If I go 4-20, I was suffering the connection. If I go 20-4, then the other player(s) were suffering the connection. I didn't lose because I suck and I didn't win because I'm amazing. It's connection. Hell, if I'm in a party, we can't even back out to pick someone up without spending 15 minutes trying to get everyone back that got kicked to the Wii Menu. Or it says they are in the party and they aren't (ghosts), so we have to kick them and try to invite them back in. The game has issues. But I still play, yes. It's still fun, yes. But that doesn't mean it doesn't have issues.

        • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
          i_betrayed_xbox

          What connection issues? It seems like most of the people having problems either live in places with small player counts or have problems with their set up. Like when you made a thread about how your connection speeds with Wifi and your lan adapter didn't add up.

           

          All you guys screaming at the top of your lungs about how the connection is broken should check to see if something's wrong on your end. If the game was truly broken it would affect everyone and there wouldn't be thousands of people playing online at any given time.

          • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
            BobbyMcGee

            That's funny considering I can connect through my neighbors WiFi, brand new router with high speed time warner literally 5 feet from my console in the room next door, or through my phones 3g WiFi hotspot and the results are identical.

          • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
            M4GNUM

            That's kind of a silly argument because I have bad connection issues and I still play. So just because X amount of people are playing, doesn't mean they aren't having issues. Many, many people are having the same issues as me - on all consoles. There is absolutely nothing wrong with my location or setup.

            • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!

              M4GNUM wrote:

               

              That's kind of a silly argument

              Don't take anything he says seriously, we all know none of his arguments have a valid point. And padiego needs to stop acting the clown if he wants to be taken seriously.

              @nintendon't, what did you do to your internet after all those calls to activision about MW3? you made enough calls, you recorded them and posted them all over the forums

              • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
                M4GNUM

                Not to be too much of a conspiracist, but I know many who have solved the connection issue and I hate to say it, but I'm sure a majority of them won't tell us how they did it.

                • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
                  i_betrayed_xbox

                  "Solving" the connection issue implies it's a problem on the person's end rather than the game...

                  • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
                    M4GNUM

                    You shouldn't have to tweak the hell out of your setup in order to get something to work right. So the problem stems from the game. Just look at what people are saying on the other consoles if you need proof. Connectivity is horrid for all consoles, but, yes, there are many who don't have any issues. More people don't have cancer than those that do...doesn't mean we shouldn't try to cure cancer.

          • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!

            i_betrayed_xbox wrote:

             

             

             

            All you guys screaming at the top of your lungs about how the connection is broken should check to see if something's wrong on your end. If the game was truly broken it would affect everyone and there wouldn't be thousands of people playing online at any given time.

            You're wrong, it doesn't have to effect everyone. And, i've yet to see 1000's online at any given time. Anyhow, i'm now learning through speaking to more people, and those people talking to more people, that there are alot more americans than I thought, suffering the same problems. And in some cases, a few people are getting a mixture of good and bad days, and no one has experienced these problems before. So I don't know where you get your info from, but its not just communities from places with small numbers, and I can assure you its not our internet. Why you keep hammering people like me with connection issues doesn't make sense to me, especially as its a problem that doesn't affect you. There is enough people saying these problems exist, so why can't you just except it? Just because the problem isn't yours, does not mean it doesn't exist. Your comments do nothing except undermime our plight. Please just help for a change. Thank you..

  • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
    the1andonlyIKY

    NEW THOUGHT: Eliminate tdm from core and hardcore playlists, and only have it part of the league playlists. thus people play league games and on the other lists people will hopefully move to other game modes. hopefully objective ones

    • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
      fissuresofrequent

      ME GUSTA

    • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!

      the1andonlyIKY wrote:

       

      NEW THOUGHT: Eliminate tdm from core and hardcore playlists, and only have it part of the league playlists. thus people play league games and on the other lists people will hopefully move to other game modes. hopefully objective ones

      No, you may aswell take away my right to live..

    • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
      i_betrayed_xbox

      How about no. That would just kill TDM and drive people away from the game as most don't like objective modes. If that happens I'm quitting COD for good.

       

      Instead of silly gimmicks like double XP and playing musical chairs with the playlists, a better solution to get people in objective modes would be to advertise/properly support the game with content/Elite so the Wii U version won't be seen as inferior which in turn will attract more players. Or maybe something exclusive to the Wii U to differentiate it from the other systems.

      • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!

        i_betrayed_xbox wrote:

         

        How about no. That would just kill TDM and drive people away from the game as most don't like objective modes. If that happens I'm quitting COD for good.

         

        Instead of silly gimmicks like double XP and playing musical chairs with the playlists, a better solution to get people in objective modes would be to advertise/properly support the game with content/Elite so the Wii U version won't be seen as inferior which in turn will attract more players. Or maybe something exclusive to the Wii U to differentiate it from the other systems.

        This is more like it......

      • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
        fissuresofrequent

        Weapon DLC for the U? Maybe Links bow from LoZ.

      • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
        the1andonlyIKY

        well if youre this bitter maybe i dont like you as a player anyway. its your choice if you want to stay or leave. if you think the other version is soooo much better anyway then why are you still here? like you or whoever keeps saying: its 5 months or so in. you are still here and you dont like it. so why stick around?

         

        I LOVE THIS FRIGGEN GAME. this version of this game

      • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
        M4GNUM

        i_betrayed_xbox wrote:

         

        How about no. That would just kill TDM and drive people away from the game as most don't like objective modes. If that happens I'm quitting COD for good.

         

        Instead of silly gimmicks like double XP and playing musical chairs with the playlists, a better solution to get people in objective modes would be to advertise/properly support the game with content/Elite so the Wii U version won't be seen as inferior which in turn will attract more players. Or maybe something exclusive to the Wii U to differentiate it from the other systems.

        I agree. To be fair the special double xp we get IS an exclusive to our console, however it isn't enough (although still appreciated).

         

        I understand why there isn't DLC. We just don't have the numbers.HOWEVER, what Activision has to realize that 1) not having DLC prevents people from buying the game on the Wii U, 2) people ar not continuing to play the game because they are frustrated we don't have DLC, and 3) offering DLC will attract buyers (both game and future DLC). If they want to increase their numbers/sales, they should take the investment of giving DLC. Will they get a huge profit margin? No. But it will create sales and repeat customers (and good PR). What's happening now, the flip side, is only doing negative things. I give them a month, maybe two and if we don't have it by then, I will start complaining like crazy. Unless they flat out say no, then I can support that. I can buy the "the first game on the Wii U won't have DLC, but future editions will" argument as well. But, no answers at all is an immature business model. Until then, I will keep my mouth shut about DLC after I end this sentence.

      • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
        DaPhillyCheeze

        We already have the wiimote but treyarch butchered it so 95% of the community use the DA

  • Re: TDM might be fixed soon!
    like2nap03

    Well despite all this lag talk and stuff...

     

     

    YAY TDM score per kill is going up!