26 Replies Latest reply: Apr 4, 2013 10:58 AM by M4GNUM RSS

So, you're just going to leave it like this now? A_Trey_U

Like I said in a couple of other threads, I had a small break from this game, then played 1 night (after downloading the latest patch) then had another week off until last night. Its obvious that the last patch messed up connections again, its been reported by several people. How does this happen? Why should some changes to the games play effect connection so badly, and why is it always the UK/euro players that suffer the most? I know a few americans that suffer a bit, but no where near as much as us. Just before my little break, things were coming together for me, I was starting to enjoy the game. Connection wasn't perfect, but ok, i've always been used to ok. But here we are again, back to square 1, getting insta killed the second I see someone, and i'm lucky if I saw them, because i'm getting killed by people who are simply not on my screen until after I die. What is the problem here, never have I played a game so unbalanced, and i'm not talking about weapons. Why should a select few dominate the game so much. Was this the plan in the first pace? I know 1 person here who seems to think so, but really he's just happy to play on american soil and couldn't care less what others are going through. All these threads that come here complaining about weapons and stuff, or if you use smg's, then the #1 slot isn't for you, lolololololol, i'm saying the same thing if you have a good connection, because if you have it, then it doesn't mean a thing in terms of combat records. Anyone can get good stats in this game if you have the connection, because an average player like me looks like a beast when connection is on my side.

So, are you going to leave it like this or find out what you're doing wrong and fix it?? How about switching the servers in UK favour for a few months, just to prove a point.

• Re: So, you're just going to leave it like this now?

Are you trolling again old timer

s7ra1gh7upb3as7 wrote:

Are you trolling again old timer

If I am its because i'm pissed off. This is the only game where they have made so many mistakes, fix 1 thing, and break something else, 1 step forward, 10 back. But no, i'm not trolling. I'm annoyed.

But this thread is mainly a question, are they going to fix it, or leave it. I want to know so I can sell this crap game..

To answer your question, the problem isnt Treyarch, they cant fix the fact that we have a very small community, spread so thinly over the world apart from the states. You`ll notice its the US guys in the main who get the 15kdrs, swarms, and non laggy games. Its ALL about the connection to the host.

I party up and players seem to run faster than me, even though im running lightweight and extreme conditioning. They get to flags quicker than me, they see people before I do, they actually run away from me, like theyre usain bolt

The servers are nothing do with connection so to speak, they just hold the database info like prestiges,calling cards, emblems etc etc, basically your profile details.

Our problem is that there arent enough UK/euro players WITH decent connections. The lag comes from the host of the lobby, this is where the problems begin. If you search on best, which many people do, the game gaurantees them a 100ping or less to the host of the game, BUT if there`s no games available for that player to get a 100 or less ping, it`ll stick them in a lobby on theyre own and if no one joins with a good enough connection to give them the gauranteed ping, it`ll make them host, despite their shocking connection. And then the whole lobby struggles, or at the very least the entire team of the laggy host. Now we are in the UK, and with a low player count and poor UK internet (compared to the states for example), we HAVE to search on best, thats a given, and we both play at night, as many UK players do, so we end up hosting if we search on best, and if we search in any we end up playing on a US host, and that causes lag due to the ping problems of said UK interent companies when pinging info long distances.

My gaming was unplayable for sooooooooooooo long in this game, so here`s a few things you can try. Do you have an android phone? Download `Wifi Analyzer` and check what your best internet channel is. Our sky guru said use channel 6 or 7 has they are the strongest, but I ran the app and it appears all my neighbours are on those channels, and my stongest constant channel is 13, so I changed to 13 today. You play in parties all the time, you always have, I get that, but in this game partying has lag, especially with US players. Is your upnp turned on or off? Whatever it is, try changing it to the opposite.

Its a pain in the arse I know, and something you might not want to be bothered doing, but if you want a better gaming experience its something your going to have to look into my man.

I play solo most of the time, and search on best, I get HCTDM straight away, euro players play lots of HCTDM ,ive no idea why. TDM and DOM I wait a little longer, everything else forget it, unless its a double xp weekend.

I'm glad I can use my WiiU to watch Netflix, can't force myself to play Blops2 ATM but UPS will deliver Need for Speed tomorrow. It feels pointless to play a game where you can go 30-5 one game and 5-30 next in the same lobby only because the host changed.

the1andonlyIKY

in my opinion none of the weapons are overpowered. they are exactly how they were meant to be. some are just OVERUSED. they are all on the relatively same plane. which is what we all have been wanting for however long.

i will kill you with my smgs

i will kill you with my shotguns

i will kill you with my ars

i will kill you with my launchers

i will kill you with my snipers

i will kill you with my lmgs

and i will also kill you with my pistols

not to mention the knife, shield, and crossbow.

deal with it. if you or anybody feels that they cant kill me or anyone with anything, then youre wrong. and if you feel like you can only be killed by a certain weapon or certain type of weapon, youve got another thing coming. and if you feel like you should never or almost never die, then youve got and EVEN BIGGER thing coming. point is. get used to it already. if you dont like it, go somewhere else and find another game. or even better. MAKE another freaking game that you feel is "perfect". i just might play it.

idk why but this thread in particular set me off a bit. if you cant tell.

but on this game i will take any of you on any day. as long as its fair - meaning its not likes such as fissure and dan and other great players trying to gang on me at once. i wont do that. plus they are my friends so that would be a private match

BlackMetroid95

the1andonlyIKY wrote:

in my opinion none of the weapons are overpowered. they are exactly how they were meant to be. some are just OVERUSED. they are all on the relatively same plane. which is what we all have been wanting for however long.

i will kill you with my smgs

i will kill you with my shotguns

i will kill you with my ars

i will kill you with my launchers

i will kill you with my snipers

i will kill you with my lmgs

and i will also kill you with my pistols

not to mention the knife, shield, and crossbow.

SOMEONE FINALLY AGREES

Quickscoping is still a pain, but the Target Finder and the PDW is okay now. Shotguns are still a pain, but what can you do?

EliteKing

agree.

its gotten worse since the last update.

...i just didnt chalk it up to the update Fing the connects again.

like2nap03

I can't say it has gotten worse for me.  It's been running the same.  The only thing weird I've noticed is that you have to lag shoot with the Dragonfire now.  Sucks too because it was actually useful, finally, for a while with the wiimote.

Well it would be nice if someone could hold their head up and give me some answers. Give me a little explanation as to why they can't fix connections so they work like previous cods, or even explain why the lag gets worse after every patch. Or even if they're looking into it.

It would be nice if they undid the last patch, I was happy the way things were, at least I could enjoy the game to some extent. But the overpowered weapon crybabies got their way again, just like babies do when they cry enough, and its just made everything else worse