19 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2013 5:33 PM by vims1990 RSS

i hate league play

emsnyder

i just started playing league play this last couple weeks and i hate it. I always have a 1.30 k/d or higher in the games but i always play with people that get a .50 k/d during the game and end up losing. Today i start one by myself and went postitive in every game and got into the bronze division once again because of my teammates.

I just want to know what other people think about league play.

• Re: i hate league play
    gallp13

Same same - best way to do well is with a well practiced team. Playing with randoms is well......random.

I average 2+ kd now days on pub TDM core and rank 177 iron in league after 5 qual games. Haven't played any more and to be honest I played pretty crappy in the rank games.

Tones of folks with sub par kd pub TDM core have higher league ranks than me.

It's mostly in who you team with and strength of opposition on the day.

I suspect if I played more league I would get a mix of strong and weak teams and play a better too and rank will climb.

Seems to me its all pretty random unless you play in a team which is no great surprise.

Proclaimor

I think league play was added to the game so the MLG pro types can practice. I see between 1 and 3% of the total players on league play, usually on the low end. So it's not at all popular, along with many playlists in this game, such as my old favorites CTF and groundwar. Everything's about TDM, SND, and Chaos Moshpit (because people actually want to play Nuketown, duh). CTF really stinks now that it's impossible to run flags due to flag UAV and ridiculous spawns on tiny maps. Also the idea that people actually want to watch Esports in any significant numbers is a total MLG pipedream. Infomercials for the Shamwow probably pull at least ten times as many viewers.

FalconR6

League play - great concept but poorly implemented. When BO2 launched I was stoked to see LP - what a disappointment - conformation is in the player numbers.

I like to use the KISS solution:

Have one playlist for clans/party,, One for individuals. It's as simple as that. One playlist you can see how you fair as a team, one you see how you fair coordinating with randoms.

Having clans versus randoms in competitive matches just leads to lopsided matches with randoms leaving their TM in the shite.

2 out of 5 placement matches I was the last man standing, 1 match ended with me and one other TM, other two were close loses having 1 or 2 TM leave. All games I ended up with highest objective points - yet this is rarely enough to gain wins when up against clans.

Some will say - its simple, just join a clan or party up. Reality - around 50% in playlists are Randoms - some may be part of clans - but are playing solo at the time. Point being that Random players shouldn't be seen as being inferior. I love a challenge and will always take it up to clans/parties, but being at a distinct disadvantage in what is called  a "solo" playlist is rediculous.

StubbornLeech07x

FalconR6 wrote:

League play - great concept but poorly implemented. When BO2 launched I was stoked to see LP - what a disappointment - conformation is in the player numbers.

I like to use the KISS solution:

Have one playlist for clans/party,, One for individuals. It's as simple as that. One playlist you can see how you fair as a team, one you see how you fair coordinating with randoms.

Having clans versus randoms in competitive matches just leads to lopsided matches with randoms leaving their TM in the shite.

2 out of 5 placement matches I was the last man standing, 1 match ended with me and one other TM, other two were close loses having 1 or 2 TM leave. All games I ended up with highest objective points - yet this is rarely enough to gain wins when up against clans.

Some will say - its simple, just join a clan or party up. Reality - around 50% in playlists are Randoms - some may be part of clans - but are playing solo at the time. Point being that Random players shouldn't be seen as being inferior. I love a challenge and will always take it up to clans/parties, but being at a distinct disadvantage in what is called  a "solo" playlist is rediculous.

Could not have said it better.  I think one of the biggiest issues with league is that there are not seperate playlist for solo players and teams.  I understand that part of CoD is getting a party together and stomping randoms, which is fine but leave that for pub matches not league play, there is no reason a group of randoms should go against full teams in league play.

FalconR6

Given the player numbers - 3arc have nothing to lose. Make Solo League Play a mercenary playlist. If anyone can give me a reason for parties/clans going up against Randoms in Solo LP - I'm all ears; I just can't understand 3arcs logic in this instance.  If any tech heads read this - would it be possible to change Solo into mercenary mode??

What i dont understand is it says "league play, play against opponents of smililar skill" .,. i always get put with 3 bronze and iron league players and im in master.. then i have to play against master league teams with bronze and iron players... they are in them leagues because they are not of the same skill as master division players so why stick 3 of them with me to drag my points down!!!!???

Jimi Riddle

It's probably due to the relatively small number of players available.

Getting 8 or 12 players of the same ability and located close enough together to prevent lag in the same match is difficult.

In the end you get matched up with whoever is available closest to your location.

owiseguyo

league play should not include any stat tracking. IF it was just wins and losses, I bet alot more people would play it. Some goes for party games.

deucedouglas

I like it. I think it's fun. It does have its flaws but it's a nice change of pace from the public matches. I just started playing it a couple weeks ago after never really even considering giving it a shot and I've really enjoyed it. I wish solo's and random's wouldn't get paired against teams and that the scoring made more sense but overall it's not to bad.

It does suck when people rage quit or time out before the match starts and you have to play whole games with unbalanced teams. Overall, I think it's a good start and it would be cool if more people gave it a shot because it can really be quite fun but I think a lot of people, myself included, have given it a negative stigma without trying it.

kellysa111

Yep, I hate League. I hate how when I play solo, I get put against parties, the rest of my team leaves, and I am stuck with 1 other person. I end up top of the leaderboard, yet I still lose points because there were only 2 of us trying to prevent the other team from capturing flags.

iivrruummii

TDM League Play is a joke.  They just need to replace it with Moshpit, but the developers don't care about LP.  They haven't undated them since Season 2.

vims1990

League play was poorly implemented into BO2.

Due to the lack of interest and poor players numbers, your division/rank would not mean crap considering players are being placed with various divisions & unbalanced teams (i.e. solo against party).

Also, let's not forget there is no Hardcore League Play for the HC community therefore taking out the HC community's interest in playing league play.

If Vahn really wanted league play to successful in the public arena, he'd have to give more incentives to playing league play such as prizes.

I'm not talking about what top teams can earn in MLG & COD Championship.

I'm talking DLC codes for season pass to top teams/players in each division, map packs or camo/personalization packs etc

A ton of XP isn't enough to gain a casual player's interest in trying out league play.

It's really up to what Vahn wants to do with league play. At the moment, it's a wasted in-game feature for the public with the current numbers.

vims1990 wrote:

A ton of XP isn't enough to gain a casual player's interest in trying out league play.

I agree that it needs more incentives, but last night I used the league play to level myself up to level 20 faster.  I had prestiged and started at level 1 and wanted a way to get some faster XP.  So, I went into league play team deatchmatch for a few matches because you can earn a default 7500 xp if your team loses and 10,000 xp if you win.  Helps to level up fast.

Other than leveling up, league play is still worthless.  There were only 2300 xbox players online in league play and I was getting matched up with some beast players that were owning me.  The matchmaking is still awful.

vims1990

gern wrote:

Other than leveling up, league play is still worthless.  There were only 2300 xbox players online in league play and I was getting matched up with some beast players that were owning me.  The matchmaking is still awful.

Matchmaking will continue to be awful until Vahn finds ways to interest the majority of COD players. i.e. rewards, prizes, adding a variety of popular modes.

I can't even do my placement matches at the moment which is why I gave up on league play.