48 Replies Latest reply: Apr 5, 2013 6:44 AM by xmrythem RSS

3.02 K:D Ratio

SPYKERC7R34

Played a match of Domination with my clan last night on Mirage, and we tore the other team apart. When we got back to the lobby, the guy that I killed 11 times was 9-38 for the match with 0-0 for captures and defends. When I checked his combat record, he was a 3.02?!? I've for one never seen a ratio this high. I'm a 1.40 and I consider that pretty average.....We played a second match on Mirage, and before the first half was over, our Clan was winning 131-10. I was one kill away from my nuclear killer award, and we got bounced from the match. When we got back to the lobby, guess who was missing??? We got bounced by this stat saver punk!! Of course it didn't count my killstreak for the reward, so now I get to start over!!

I still really enjoy this game, it just drives me crazy that someone is that concerned about their ratio...IT'S A GAME!!! Remeber what that is? Play as a team with you friends, and have some FUN:) I just want the damn unlock for the XP!!!

But no worries kid, I can't post your name, but I know who you are. My clan will find you again, and we play as a team, so we will again destroy you

Cheers

• Re: 3.02 K:D Ratio
    nicedrewishfela

I hope all the people complaining about Probation read this. Quitters ruin the game for everyone.

deucedouglas

Don't you just love the "community"?

xmrythem

your post made me giggle.

gallp13

Good post - we've all had this experience.

thebiindsniper

I'm hitting the like button as hard as I can.

~RUGGED SAVIOR

SpecialDelivery

Happens in HC CTF with the team I play with all the time too. Most times they run their mouth in the pre games lobby, get stomped ingame and then kill the game before it ends. I'd say about 70% of my loses are to that stuff.

Restore_Hardcore

If they could some people would take their stats to their grave and post them on their tombstone.

TheSurgeon83

I had a 19 win streak on HCTDM ruined by a dashboarder last night, wasn't far off setting a new personal best. I just turned my Xbox off.

blb128

Sadly this is what the community has become. I see people dashboarding all the time out of my games. His likely excuse would be that he was on the bad side of lag comp and was a second behind everyone. Probation is there for a reason and if I was running things the punishment would be alot worse.

FleurDeLilly

I feel your pain, but at the same time if I'm in a horribly laggy game I dashboard so I can find a new lobby.

I would just quit out of the game but since I end up with probation either way I just dashboard.

NotablePie

just backing out is still faster ?

saves you having to start up the game again etc

no matter how you twist it, there's no reason to dash as you can just aswell back out normally

FleurDeLilly

Yes it's faster to just backout. But I figure if I'm going on probation either way then I might as well let my stats stay the same.

superjolly1231

I haven't been on probation once since the game came out. What am I doing wrong? I rage quit a lot. Plus Dashboarding doesn't erase the stats you just got in the game.

NotablePie

you can say what you want

you will always be considered the scum of the game by many

what if you happen to be host ? nice eh effing up the game for the 11/17 others in the game ?

it's cause of people like you probation got implemented to start with

so want it gone ? stop dashing allready, simples

and how i hope superjolly is right

if the game uploads your stats like every 10sec's to 30 sec's orso you hardly save anything, which would be hysterical funny to me

and i backed out of soooo much games by now it isn't even funny, yet i still have to get probation

so somehow it makes me think you're such an avid dasher the game just puts you on probation when you back out normally cause you have been flagged so often for dashin the system just goes "meh, you're a serial quitter, so here ya go, have some probation even tho you backed out normally"

if it were up 2 me they would ban people like you from the servers entirely or put you in a pool of serial dashers, let the dashers get matched with eachother, lets see how you like it getting dashed on by the host every couple of games

FleurDeLilly

I think people that dashboard to preserve stats are scummy too.

If I dashboard it's because I join into a laggy game (So I'm not the host...) or the game starts up and I can instantly tell it's laggy and don't want to play like that, so even if I was the host it's not like I wait until the end of the match...

I just tested SuperJolly's theory. Joined a game, got a kill then waited a few minutes. No change in stats, then dashboarded, still no stats change.

I hardly ever get probation though. I don't dash/backout often and when I do I just have to complete 1 game for that silly warning to go away.

Thankfully it's not up to people like you.

NotablePie

I would just quit out of the game but since I end up with probation either way I just dashboard.

nice contradictions if you're now going to tell you hardly get probation when you first said you get probation even if you back out normally

you wouldn't complain bout it if you just get it once in a while i guess

and it's more sad, atleast valve had it right when they put in that logic to put cheaters by cheaters, and cod should follow by putting dashers and boosters in scum lobby's

as you said yourself, people who dash to preserve are scum, and no matter how you turn it, the only reason to dash is to preserve your stats

heck you even went as far as testing it, says enough about you

amathyx

He has to be terrible if he has to dashboard for a 3.0

Join every single one of his games so he can never play again, rofl

codchamp

But if the K/D falls below 3.00 he wont get laid anymore.

iivrruummii

I hate people that care more about having a 3.0+ K/D than playing to win.  I love seeing people with 1.5+ K/D with less than a .8 W/L.  I rather see someone with a 1.0 K/D with a 1.2 W/L because I know that guy is going to play the objective or contribute to the win more often.

codchamp

I usually run with a full team nightly. No one was on lastnight so i decided to run some mosh pit.

Headquarters on hijacked

60 kills and 24 deaths

4 caps and 21 defends.

We lost 250-220

The rest of my team....0 caps and 0 defends! No one else would go for the hill. All they wanted to do was Q/S and camp. In the mean time i am fighting people off my back 4 and 5 at a time. It sucks to put so much into a match only to loose because people care more about there K/D over anything else.

xmrythem

lol, i don't believe this.

There is no way you alone managed to keep the score this close against an entire team of 6 and nobody on your team ever went inside the circle and got a kill.

iivrruummii

I have.  CTF on BO1 I had 6 caps 3 returns and went 50-1, while my whole team was -5+.  It all comes down to how coordinated the other team is.

codchamp

I said i lost the game 250-220, it was not a win. and yes no one helped cap a single objective on my team.

There have been games where i have come in and done some serious work in HQ or hardpoint. have had many games playing solo, goin 80+ and doing all the objective work. But that is usually against bad random players. The game i am talking about lastnight was against a full party going for the win.

iivrruummii

Ya I understand that.  I always play in a party except in LP.  I personally would like to see a Trueskill ranking system so I don't have to get matched up with some of these people when I play solo.

codchamp

I dont mind getting matched up against high skilled players with big SPM or K/D. The problem is when you are solo and running into full parties of high SPM. That is the problem. I got a average SPM of 320, 1.78 K/D and a 3.50 W/L. If i face Higher level guys i know i can put on a show if i have to. But not agains 6 guys when you are with bad 200 SPM teammates.

iivrruummii

My opinion is that everyone in the lobby should be as close to your skill level as possible.

codchamp

But how do they do it? All the stats in this game can be phony. People dashboard to save the k/d or other stats. SPM has no revelance in reality. Like i said i have a 320 SPM which is low. But yet i always have the most captures, defends and usually the most kills every game.

Players that run around throwing EMP nades get a higher SPM because of the score acumilation. But that does not show there skill in a game.It shows they throw lots of emp's and rack up score.

I think it is positive to play against better players. But to be on a fair ground. Where you are not against 6 better players while you have only the best that southpark can send you.

iivrruummii

It isn't that hard.  Base it off of who you win and lose against, because this is where the true skill is.

And if you counter my idea with the people playing in parties, well in reality good teams work together more than a team of random good people.

vims1990

Yeah, I feel your pain.

I've had a number of good matches and win streaks ended by the host dashboarding.

playerone2

nicedrewishfela wrote:

I hope all the people complaining about Probation read this. Quitters ruin the game for everyone

Not that i condone it. But how does this ruin the game for everybody. A 10 second migration and your good to go.

I guess if your dashboarding and you happen to be host. but that is very rare. And host has a disadvantage anyway so i dont blame them.

rlbl

that is if the migration succeeds... often it starts a landslide and the game drops.

Bielsalmighty

He was talking about dashboarding, which entirely crashes the game. Let me put it this way, I had a match on Carrier where I was running UAV, VSAT, Warthog. Managed to get the Hog, called out to my team to get indoors (we play HC) which we did, consequently denying the other team who got whooped by the warthog. Whooped bad enough that a couple of kills and confirms got me my 2nd VSAT which got me a second Warthog. Call it in, at 30-something for 2 and BOOM lost connection to host, everyone back in the lobby.

Or how about normal leaving? I got a Lodestar last night, called it in and 4 dudes immediately left. What a waste of a scorestreak. Or the time I managed to get dogs and call them in, again 4 players leave. Both of these examples both happened quite late in the game so I'm not believing the piss-weak lag excuses here. If the lobby was that bad they'd have backed out ages before, and fair enough.

Oh, and not all hosts have a disadvantage. I know I dont when I host.

Dashboarders and ragequitters are scummy players who have no place playing good honest players. I've had my face kicked in on this game before, I took it and either came back for round 2 or quietly left the lobby afterwards. Hell, I've sent people who battered me a Good Game message. If you dont see how dashboarding and ragequitting spoils the game for people then you are either one of them or you very very VERY rarely stomp anyone, thus are never have to put up with such bad sportsmanship. Someone leaves or dashes out near the start? Fine, I'll assume that they were experiencing bad connectivity and so I dont mind. However those who leave and dash at the first sniff of high-end scorestreaks, or when they realise a genuine beating is on the cards, really do spoil the game for everyone else.

playerone2

Bielsalmighty wrote:

He was talking about dashboarding, which entirely crashes the game. Let me put it this way, I had a match on Carrier where I was running UAV, VSAT, Warthog. Managed to get the Hog, called out to my team to get indoors (we play HC) which we did, consequently denying the other team who got whooped by the warthog. Whooped bad enough that a couple of kills and confirms got me my 2nd VSAT which got me a second Warthog. Call it in, at 30-something for 2 and BOOM lost connection to host, everyone back in the lobby.

You were probably doing that much better than you normally do because there was a problem with the connection.

The host probably had no hit detection and horible compensation and dashboarded because it wasnt a fair game. (can you blame em)

Usually when your lagging that bad and you back out. you dont expect to actually be host. trust me ive done it many times.

Untill they fix this broken game. dashboarding, lag switching, and throttling is what your going to get.

Honestly, what if certain baseball players had to swing with a 9 iron.

Bielsalmighty

If the dude was having connectivity issues, he wouldn't have stuck around until the second Warthog came in, he would have left after the first 4-5 gunfights, and fair play. No, he left because he was taking a beating, pure and simple. I see it all the time, people still RQ out when the high end streaks come in, no matter how far into the game you are. Connectivity issues are now blamed for bad performance, it makes me laugh every time I see someone say "Finally, a good connection! I went 30-5!"

Sure there are people with issues, but they aren't half as widespread as the community seems to think. I mean, I've seen people posting Elpresador videos to try and prove the game is broken. Geez.

SpecialDelivery

I met this guy the other day with a 5.64 K/D and a 0.03 Win/Loss with over 4 days played. I was curious why his win/loss was so low. So I looked at his profile on Elite, what do you know? He dashboards almost every single game, even if his team wins. If his K/D isn't better then a 5 at the end of the game he is most likely gone. I played about 5 games with him. "Player disconnected due to transmission error" every game. Luckly he wasn't host, but still

So Sad.

vims1990

SpecialDelivery wrote:

I met this guy the other day with a 5.64 K/D and a 0.03 Win/Loss with over 4 days played. I was curious why his win/loss was so low. So I looked at his profile on Elite, what do you know? He dashboards almost every single game, even if his team wins. If his K/D isn't better then a 5 at the end of the game he is most likely gone. I played about 5 games with him. "Player disconnected due to transmission error" every game. Luckly he wasn't host, but still

So Sad.

I knew someone who use to do that whether they won or lost to preserve their fake 4.0 K/D.

It is very said indeed.

Leper_Messiah85

that is very sad.

raekwon222

It is a bummer to have this happen but as a solo player it is also a bummer to get thrown in against a clan of try hards that are all on mic's. But rather than DB I just back out. I don't really care if it's not sportsmanlike. If you are all partied up you should only be put in games with others that are partied up. It's like shooting fish in a barrel when a clan plays a group of randoms. If your really proud of a win streak against a bunch of randoms your doing it wrong anyway.

Bielsalmighty

I take em on. I've dented the egos of a few groups even before BO2.

Admittedly I do take my fair share of stuffings though. But hey, nothing helps you up your game like challenging yourself, and showing some sportsmanship can be good - I went up against a party of 4 with higher overall SPMs than mine. Did ok til their first VSAT went up and that was all she wrote. Sent em a Good Game message afterwards, and they sent me an invite.

If I'd backed out, raged, or called em tryhards, I would've had a lonely gameplay session that day.

xmrythem

i LOVE making kids quit. I personally will never quit or dashboard. I play until the end. I do however quit if I join a game where there is no point in playing.

I had my 32 game win streak in CTF ruined because of this. Our squad of 5 was on a mission to put togethre as many wins as we could. On our 32nd game, we try and join a lobby, and the 5 of us get put into a spawn **** game with 2 minutes left in the 2nd round, down 2-0 caps. The other team was just holding it. We were pretty angry.

darkplaces28

9-38 0 caps 0 defends? That's brutal. At least cap the first flag of each round. 3.02 k/d makes me think that person either boosted or based on the results from that match you posted is as non-objective of a player as it gets. There are those that care nothing but k/d in this game and it's truly sad. I honestly don't see a whole lot of high k/d numbers in this game like previous games. I think it has a lot to do with how the connection goes. You can wreck the other teams for several games in a row then hit that bad run of several games where your bullets fail to register, you get the drop on guys and lose the gun battle..yada yada. This game should be about fun, but some people really take it seriously as if it will get them somewhere outside the gaming world.