1 11 12 13 14 15 Previous Next 169 Replies Latest reply: May 4, 2013 4:19 AM by ChestSplittah Go to original post RSS
  • 120. Re: A guide to fresh recruits.
    ChestSplittah

kamchakkaMaster4,126 posts since
    Sep 24, 2011

A guide to fresh recruits.

Posted by kamchakka on May 30, 2012 3:54 PM

Gentlemen, ladies, mods, admins, veterans, new guys, GRaS, VuVú,

Since there has been a recent influx of new faces in our beloved OT, after having moved from Black Ops, to Modern Warfare 3 and now here, I thought the time was right to let you all in on a few basic rules we older users live by (disclaimer: I do not see myself as a veteran, even though I have witnessed the glorious days of the BO OT).
    This forum etiquette can be a flexible standard to live by, yet it's important for people to at least know what is going on in here.

To my dear friends of GRaS, I have shamelessly copied this from the noObs Guide from the BO OT. I also left out a few rules and regulations, just to keep up with modern times. Feel free to flame me for it and post them anyway. U mad?

One of the staunchest rules of forum etiquette is not double posting.  When double posting does occur a kitteh sacrifice must be offered up to Evil Eskimo. Or to Evil_Eskimo for that matter. Not to EviL though, but I do suggest sending one to EviL as well.

Never start a three-word story thread or, for that matter, any game thread in OT. This is probably the most serious breach of forum etiquette and most trolls take it very seriously.

Hijacking a failed thread or changing the tread topic to "What's for lunch?"  is never the wrong thing to do.

Posting favourite war movie threads over and over again is also a flaming offense.

One word posts- including "lol" are an automatic fail. Not kidding.

Another violation of forum etiquette is not paying Jinx's Sister before a date. She is always cash up front. Get used to it.

SoyBob is smarter than you.

Snake is older than you (and GTFO his lawn).

Canada is not a real country.

Favorite OT foods are ham sammies, jell-o, tacos and bacon.  And yes you can have bacon in jell-o.

If you flame, you must be willing to get flamed.

There is no crying in OT.

Amendments- No poems, stories. or fictional fantasies of you and any COD character. (Thanks to Ghost for this one)

No Zombie threads. No exceptions. They all suck.

Links to your COD Youtube channels are very welcome. In fact, we love nothing more than a good montage.

NO slack shall be cut. Never. Ask Reaper for details.

VuVú is overpowered. So is GRaS.

If you don't know what GRaS is, make a thread asking about it.

No 'Hello' threads, 'Welcome back' threads or 'I'm leaving' threads. They fail and there's an unofficial introductory thread

• 121. Re: A guide to fresh recruits.
    dtuchpunk

To add.

SaND is OP.

Respect your elders/vets

• 122. Re: A guide to fresh recruits.
    ChestSplittah

Agreed. .. I fear our fellow comrades may not come back.. I hope they do next year.

• 123. Re: A guide to fresh recruits.
    SnakeDoctor61

I see the old rules. live on   As creater of them it is nice to see some history.  Stay off my lawn and feel free to flame me for my 'I'm back ' thread.

Green is still a jell-0 flavor.

• 124. Re: A guide to fresh recruits.
    ChestSplittah

I've tried to keep the Castle up to snuff. Your lawn never needs mowing. Teh NO_oB militia was squashed. .for the time being.

• 125. Re: A guide to fresh recruits.
    EviLEsKiMo

also, we have found that you can make a ham sammich with green jell-o covered with slices of bacon

• 126. Re: A guide to fresh recruits.
    ChestSplittah

Sounds a bit... EviL.

• 127. Re: A guide to fresh recruits.
    EviLEsKiMo

ChestSplittah wrote:

Sounds a bit... EviL.

it is...

deliciously EviL!

• 128. Re: A guide to fresh recruits.
    ChestSplittah

There any grass to spice it up...