24 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 2:58 PM by zingaa Branched to a new discussion. RSS

Angry!!!

thetizzleguy

I know I will get told off for this but c'mon... How many people play this game in the UK? Hundreds of thousands.... So why the FRICK am I getting put with the French all the damn time???

They always beat me in gun battles because they are always on a 2-3 bar...

They NEVER play the objective...

They camp like their life depends on it... You can't communicate with them because they can't speak English... 

There is no good thing about getting matched with them.

• Re: Angry!!!

tizz lol you really hate the french pmsl are you online ?

Im in your clan btw but not telling you wich one i am hahaha lets just say gun game was fun earlier

Proclaimor

Have you tried changing search preferences from normal to best?

nicedrewishfela

Weird, you would think the French would just surrender every match...

I'm in the UK and i understand where your coming from, it's always the same with them impossible to kill with 2 to 3 bars and it's practically the same with half of Europe, even with preferences set to "Best" i still get matched with them...

Though it's worse in the afternoons and late at night, i've been matched with South Americans and even got matched with a Russian clan at one time, don't know if it's just the matchmaking placing with the available players at the time i'm playing or something else, but it doesn't help make for a good game.

SitRepPro

The whole of Europe is one giant pool for matchmaking, so Russia is included.  However, the matchmaking system is completely random on the location of the players it matches up so you might  be at the COD Olympics.  You know, esports and all that.

Lol that's very true dude, it does feel a bit like the COD Olympic's at times and i'm sure it definately includes who's about and depending at what time too with the time zones when it comes to matchmaking,

It's just frustrating as if they pull host then it'll lag and probably the same for them if i do, which doesn't make for a fun game but other than that i have no prob's playing with any nationality, perhaps they should take a leaf out of BF3's search preferances where you can select the region and what maps?

Brutalkillshots

Lol yeah I feel your pain ! Even in other titles it always seems the French are bullet proof for some weird reason ! And this game is even worse !

Is there no one in the UK playing BO.2 because that's the way it feels sometimes ! French ,German ,Italian lobbies constantly !

Wish there was a setting for English speaking lobbies only !! Lol

WW1 and 2 all over again

trialstardragon

The game does not use region locking, so it will happen for no matter what you set your preference to does not matter.

If even you set ot best, if they set to quickest it will match you with them or them with you depending upon the host that was chosen.

You could get a good host near you but they have their set to quick, so they get matched to you.

Search preferences only control your search criteria, not who will or will not be allowed in to the lobby once your there, or who will or will not be in the lobby to begin with. it just contols what sort of host you are looking for and that is all.

FleurDeLilly

You need a clan of english speakers, then it doesn't matter/

starbuckfrack

Well how come I live in Texas do you think its unfair that I get put in with people from Oklahoma ? Same thing.

SitRepPro

I'm aware that you crazy Texans have a thick accent but you don't all speak a different language to Oklahoma now do you?  A better example would be US players being matched with Mexicans and I know all too well how 'wonderful' that is.

It would be nice to have a preference in the matchmaking where people of the same country are put into the same lobby.  This used to happen in BO1 and in MW2 I usually get all UK based players.  When the game has a delayed camera system, TTK is stupidly fast, and the matchmaking is not grouping people as well as it could, this will just mean more rage quits and threads being made on here about how atrocious lag compensation is.  Oh, and maccabi will have a mental breakdown.  I play other shooters where I get matched up with people all over Europe and it's no where near as problematic as BO2 so the game has problems there.

zingaa

starbuckfrack wrote:

Well how come I live in Texas do you think its unfair that I get put in with people from Oklahoma ? Same thing.

No it's not the samething, but nice try. Why don't you offer help rather then being so cynical? Thats what a wanna be mod would do, just sayin.

SitRepPro

Make 1415 your clan tag and see if the French players leave?  I've been tempted to change mine to 1588 when I'm placed with a load of Spanish players but I figured it could be interpreted in a hostile way so I've never bothered.  I'm waiting for the day I basically get WWII all over again in a lobby.

Run_N_Gunning_Camper

You made me research 1415 and discovered The Battle of Agincourt. Those English men were were hardcore campers back then. The French must have raged hard.

SitRepPro

Didn't know the English camped for victory in Agincourt but I guess when you're heavily outnumbered you're going to need more strategy to it.  The Romans did something similar to Hannibal and various Celtic tribes I guess anyway.

I've noticed the French are slightly more campy than other nationalities in this game, and I hate judging people by categories, so may be they're being screwed connection-wise.

indy56

Never thought of that, lol

Hairy_Dragon

I feel the pain too sometimes with the X-euro games with the corresponding lag & national traits such as camping, but lets do some of the numbers. Lets say for example 100k Brits online out of a total of 400k online. Core Dom is one of the more popular lobbies, with probably 15k of the 400. If we assume a game is 9 mins with 1 min between games (for convenient math) 1500 people are not active in a game at any time. If 25% of those are Brits, 375 Brits are in this pre-game lobby. Spread those around the country, weighted for big populations like London to figure your chances of getting a local lobby.

I'm in Essex and get a lot of Dutch as well as French, but playing games such as Core Dom with a bigger player base usually gets me a lobby full of Brits. It does mean I play games likely to give a better experience, particularly in terms of "lag", rather than more geographically wide spread game types I would prefer.