21 Replies Latest reply: Apr 2, 2013 7:46 AM by malditor RSS

Probation is BS!!!

I'm not going to stick around and get destroyed especailly when I'm thrown on the losing team. I spent my hard earned mony on this crap game to have fun not to stick around when the other team has the better players. I will keep taking the crap 5 min probations when the other team has an unfait advantage I got this game to have fun and thats just how its going to be.

• Re: Probation is BS!!!
    Proclaimor

Have you noticed how much more lopsided the games are at night? Every other game is like parties of prestige masters verses random Jerry's kids. After midnight skill based matchmaking goes right out the window.

trialstardragon

Then enjoy your 5 min prob times, for it is not being removed from the game, more people want it to help reduce dashboarding than those that want it gone.

malditor

I've gotten in the habit most of the time of checking the score before spawning in. Sometimes I'll still spawn in if the game is a loss just to screw with the other team. I can't count the number of times I've joined a game where my team was getting smashed but I still put up a good score. Other times I'll leave the game normally. There is no reason/excuse to dashboard when you can just leave the game. Whatever miniscule damage it would do to your stats won't even be noticed.

NotablePie

malditor wrote:

I've gotten in the habit most of the time of checking the score before spawning in.

that ^

if it's way beyond the possibillity of a comeback i just back out of the game

and guess what, never been put on probation, and i left quite a few games like that

stop dashboarding out of those games and you won't be put on probation

nicedrewishfela

Quitters are worse. Stick around, do the best you can, and go back to the lobby on equal footing. You are just repeating the cycle and making it worse.

malditor

There is no point in joining some games. If the team is spawn trapped and/or there are multiple air streaks and vsat in the air why join?

nicedrewishfela

You are either part of the solution or part of the problem.

If you join and quit.. you leave the spot for someone else to have to go through it. And then because you did that, you quadruple your chances of joining ANOTHER losing game in progress. You keep the cycle going.

Play with friends when possible, very few join in progress when you have a team. Otherwise, as I know we all sometimes have to play lone wolf. Get into a game, assess the situation, and tough it out as best as possible. Not ashamed to say I've camped hard on some matches where I came in late and he team was trapped. At the same time, I've also come in and turned matches around. Coming in late on  a losing team sucks... but you either prolong the cycle or break it. Remember, someone else quit to put YOU in that situation.

malditor

I don't necessarily blame people for leaving the games. I also don't complain that I get put into these games. As I said, sometimes I join them and sometimes I don't. Typically depends on how I've been playing that day. If I'm having a rough day I don't want the added challenge of overcoming insurmountable odds, on a good day I'll go for the challenge. There have been games where the streaks in the air are from boosters, then I will quit almost 100% of the time because that's just feeding them kills to stay in.

maccabi

malditor wrote:

There is no point in joining some games. If the team is spawn trapped and/or there are multiple air streaks and vsat in the air why join?

so you dont come on here moaning that your own actions caused a probation slap?

malditor

Ok, first off, don't talk to me like I'm one of the people dashboarding. Second, leaving a game doesn't give you probation. Read what I post, don't make assumptions based on your "superior" status.

NotablePie

[sarcasme]because for whatever reason we all need to be some white-knights and just put up with the BS games you get put in because of someone else leaving that probly fed them those scorestreaks[/sarcasme]

phxs72

18+ days and zero probations.  You need to take going negative and a lose for a game that you had very little to do with not so seriously.  You house payment isn't going to get missed, you will still have food on the table, and your loved ones will still love you even if you have an unflattering match here or there.  As an added bonus, if you stay in the game more often then you will not be joining so many matches in progress and consequently not feel the need to leave matches so often.  Thereby likely taking you out of the realm of probation and then you can spend more time enjoying the game rather than watching the 5 minute clock count down.  Or you can keep doing what you are doing and getting frustrated with a game that is supposed to be fun and relaxing.  Your choice either way.

nicedrewishfela

Whats funny to me is these folks don't realize they are creating and intensifying the very problem they are complaining about.

malditor

The times I stay in the games and the next lobby splits up the players into teams I get stuck with the same sad saps that provided the other team with all those kills I'm in no better position. I do try to play with others when I can, however not many people on my list are on the same schedule as I am.

phxs72

I think that it all depends on the quality of the "sad saps" left in the lobby.  I've seen blow outs where my team obiviously had a couple of good players on it that just couldn't overcome the odds.  In those cases, I'll stay for the next round because with 3 good players, the odds are that we'll be able to turn things around.  However, if nobody looks to be even remotely decent then I will move on to a new lobby at the end of the match.  That is unless I'm working on a challenge that is easier to achieve when not playing the objective.  In which case I'll gladly stay another round and work on my challenge guilt free.  Odds are the really bad players will move on after the second match and then I can get back to going for the win with my new randoms.  You have to figure that most games that you join in progress are going to be on the losing side.  So if you're going to take a loss anyway, you might as well make the best of it.  Besides nothing irks the killwhores and stat guys more than to take a good kd lashing or keep them off of their scorestreaks.  The odds are pretty good that they will leave the enemy team after the second match as well.

malditor

I don't leave right away after a match usually, but if I get the same players for a couple games on my team and they consistently do really bad I will sometimes just leave mid game and definitely after if they are on my team again. I know everyone can have a bad run so I don't get upset about bad players on my team, at least not as much as I used to :-p But that doesn't mean I want to be saddled with them all the time.

otisman666

Rusty227 wrote:

I'm not going to stick around and get destroyed especailly when I'm thrown on the losing team. I spent my hard earned mony on this crap game to have fun not to stick around when the other team has the better players. I will keep taking the crap 5 min probations when the other team has an unfait advantage I got this game to have fun and thats just how its going to be.

Might I suggest some combat training?  I run it every once in a while when I have taken long breaks from the game.  It really isn't as terrible as everyone makes it out to be.  It's 3 v 3 with bots filling in the rest of the 6 man slots.

If you are looking to have fun, try it out.  While you only get 1/2 the xp you normally would and the stats don't help / hurt your current ones, I think you will find that the fun factor is much higher and that you are able to get roughly the same amount of xp that do in normal games because you end up doing much better.

Good luck.